ok

Why is ARMAS still so bloody expensive

I want to regret spending cash on this game, and I want to do it now, but I can't spend 20 dollars for one weapon

• Like 6

4) ARMAS refinements and progress The first phase was completed in October, and I’m looking to continue development here through Q1. We want to create the best place to get the cool gear you want to play your best.

From the blogpost [link] a little more patience I'd assume

2 minutes ago, Zombication said:

LO got to get some money, helps them out a lot

True, but the pricetag puts people off, I guarantee that a 50% off would do more good than harm

3 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

True, but the pricetag puts people off, I guarantee that a 50% off would do more good than harm

Yet the game that was supposed to die in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 is still here. I don't think it has put THAT many people off......

Just now, LaQuandra said:

Yet the game that was supposed to die in 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018 is still here. I don't think it has put THAT many people off......

The only real proof would be a detailed spreadsheet with total amounts of money that APB generated throughout the years

Still, doesn't mean that ARMAS isn't heavily overpriced

9 minutes ago, -Dan- said:

You never know, once they settle down with this game, they might lower prices, but i doubt

1 minute ago, -Dan- said:

The only real proof would be a detailed spreadsheet with total amounts of money that APB generated throughout the years

Still, doesn't mean that ARMAS isn't heavily overpriced

It obviously has generated enough revenue to stay float for almost a decade and be appealing enough for another company to purchase it.

Your last statement is what we call an opinion. Heavily overpriced compared to what? Other free to play games? Everything is relative. I've wasted $20 on crap so many times in my life. Either you think it's worth the money or it isn't. Other consumers disagree with you.

2 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

It obviously has generated enough revenue to stay float for almost a decade and be appealing enough for another company to purchase it.

Your last statement is what we call an opinion. Heavily overpriced compared to what? Other free to play games? Everything is relative. I've wasted $20 on crap so many times in my life. Either you think it's worth the money or it isn't. Other consumers disagree with you.

There are F2P games that still survive with less than 30 players active daily

And you don't need to compare things to realize that one of them is too expensive, paying 40 dollars for two weapons+maybe another 20 for a car is simply too much, not taking into account that you may want to buy more than one main weapon (and no "buy in-game" bs, there are only a handful of guns available at contracts, JT store is beyond the possibility of grinding weekly for just one weapon, and the only cars worth using are Nomad/ 4x4)

title : Why is ARMAS still so bloody expensive

1 hour ago, -Dan- said:

I want to regret spending cash on this game, and I want to do it now, but I can't spend 20 dollars for one weapon

possible answer : because you are poor ? 😛

sigh join the club I wish i had money to waste right now but Christmas wasn't so long ago and some of us are still recovering from splurging so much during the holidays

APB isn't that bad, it's pretty similar to many MMO'S I've played in comparison.

A car is equal to a premium mount in a RPG, and in most games I've played that's often times $15-$35.

Skins for guns and what not are pretty much just cosmetic texture packs like in other games, and run $5-$20.

The pricing is pretty comparable to many other free to play MMORPGs. It is a little pricey, but I don't see it changing very much. LO could reduce prices a little, to be more competitive with other games. But I only really expect a 10-15% reduction at most.

There is a lot that can be earned in game for free, but just like any other F2P game it requires a considerable grind. Rather than reducing prices, they should just add more earnable content in game. Then people can either pay a premium to get it early, or grind for it in game and get it free. Kinda like how Warframe does it. It would also help to eliminate the P2WIN stigma that always pops up, even if the P2Win element is nothing more than an illusion. Either way people have to pay with either time or money.

• Like 1

Armas is still grossly overpriced. The majority of people that made purchases during the old regiment made those purchases during holiday sales. Myself included. 

LO should have revamped the store to holiday fixed pricing (50%) and had further discounts during holidays. 

You also have to understand I am from Canada so there is a conversion rate to deal with as well, making prices even more expensive. 

Lowered prices may also have enticed those returning to spend more...doubt a fancy looking store with a smaller price tag didnt bode well with many...myself included. Haven't even wanted to buy premium since the NA servers are garbage that lags people to oblivion.

To be honest...a lower priced armas still wouldn't coach me into buying G1 products. I have many perm account wide weapons and as I said before...on servers that would not allow me to even finish a match.

GG. 

I wish you the best LO/G1. Please regard my comments as a lover of San Paro not as a hater.

Edited by Danimal

The majority of the popular f2p games are completely free, some of them even have skins for free..saying "they need money somehow" is just stupid, leaving the prices so high is just a bad way to grow as a game. APB can't afford to be so expensive..also game desperately needs variety that is not inside the Armas or imo it's not to consider free to play (rework the joker store, yes, thank you)

2 minutes ago, Lato said:

The majority of the popular f2p games are completely free, some of them even have skins for free..saying "they need money somehow" is just stupid, leaving the prices so high is just a bad way to grow as a game. APB can't afford to be so expensive..also game desperately needs variety that is not inside the Armas or imo it's not to consider free to play (rework the joker store, yes, thank you)

I don't get this logic. APB is a free to play game. There isn't anything you actually need on Armas or the joker store to play APB. Why would the marketplace grow the game? Either you like APB and you play it or you don't. Armas prices make no difference in that.  

Just now, LaQuandra said:

I don't get this logic. APB is a free to play game. There isn't anything you actually need on Armas or the joker store to play APB. Why would the marketplace grow the game? Either you like APB and you play it or you don't. Armas prices make no difference in that.  

Game has very little variety, and "Either you like APB and you play it or you don't" yes true and this is the problem..not many people like apb because there is so much wrong with it starting from the Armas

1 hour ago, Zombication said:

LO got to get some money, helps them out a lot

They would get way more purchases if weapons were cheaper tbh, is not the same spending 10/15$ for a weapon than 35$

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Honestly if prices ever drop I'm going to be a little salty ... I don't have anything left to buy. 😬

• Like 1

If we would have bigger, spending playerbase prices could be lower. I doubt they even break even at this point.

6 hours ago, -Dan- said:

Cos they didn't learn the McDonald's lesson that cheaper means you sell a whole bunch more, in fact cheaper would mean people load up their alt accounts. Imagine if guns were $15 each... with a few dollars here and there for high demand ones. Everyone who played the game would be buying them... Alas few people buy expensive items... like the DeLorean Car which went bankrupt. Just compare it with well made and affordable cars made in Japan and their huge financial success.

Expensive Fail
050320_delorean_obit_vlrg_11a.grid-4x2.j

Affordable Financial Success
49-honda-cars.jpg?w=540&h=304&crop=1

• Like 1

I don't think prices should be much lower,but they should be seriously looked at.Most of the weapons you find on armas-page are actually reskins of the in game ones so if you have expensive tastes you can go for those,if not the in game variants should definitely suffice.Sure there are some unique weapons that have no relatives in game so if you want it you must buy it which I believe is totally normal considering the fact you can trial the weapon before actually purchasing it.

Here's my idea which is good compromise to people who can't afford APB guns instantly, instead it's offered in way of subscription which final reward is permanent weapon:

I think it will solve this problem.

3$ per month don't sound as much, right?

Edited by Mitne

Thing is, if they made it all cheaper, all the loyal players from previously who spent the GF like $30 per weapon would get a pretty big virtual bitchslap to the face. There are people who spent £500+ on this game.

Edited by Cribby