Sign in to follow this  
demonoid

PC Hardware Performance

So I've been looking around for a Topic like this and I didn't see one. I was just curious about fellow PC players, as to what hardware your running, and what kind of performance your getting in game.

I haven't played in a while do to my job, as I'm away from home 2-3 months at a time. But here in a month or so I'll be buying me one of these RTX laptops as a desktop replacement.

So I was curious as to what hardware people were running, and what kinda frames you are getting?

So just your hardware and clock speeds, resolution your playing at, and average FPS in a district.

You're good with anything over maxwell and gen 2 intel processors, these have enough single core perf for this game. I recall seeing people talking about having a 1060 or 1070ti and hitting the hard-coded fps cap. With an rtx you'll have no problem. 

Yeah was just curious, my desktop at home has an I7 3770k if I recall (Ivy core), 32GB of DDR3 ram, and a 1060 and runs the game fine. But I've heard of some people running much better hardware than that and getting crappy performance. I know APB can be finicky at times, but I'm sure LO will sort it out before long.

I'm not too worried though, the laptop I'll be getting would wreck my old desktop. Looking at the Alienware Area 51m, but still waiting for some proper reviews and benchmarks to come to light. Since it has a desktop CPU socket, I'm very curious as to how it'll handle the TDP of the processor. The 9900k is marketed with runs pretty hot from what I've seen in benchmarks. Personally I think I'll opt for the i7 9700k, as it runs cooler and I don't really need hyperthreading.

It'll be interesting to see how the games I play perform over 4G LTE though. I've done some research on it and I'm impressed from what I've come across.

I can't wait, it's been 3 years now, and I'm finally getting a PC I can bring over the road with me.. Makes me feel all giddy inside, like a kid on Christmas.

the game is pretty badly optimized currently, that laptop should be fine for now though and even better when 3.5 comes around.

just restart the game every hour or two, helps a lot

Edited by SLICKIEM

Nah. His laptop will literally shred the game.

Man I've been doing some price comparison between Xotic PC and Newegg/Amazon. If I buy my SSD's and RAM separately I'd be saving around 150-300$.. I think when I do order the laptop I'll only opt for the TiM and Thermal Pad upgrade. I could save 30-40$ and do it myself, but it's a hassle to tear a laptop down. Plus if they do it then it's covered under their warranty. That and I'd rather have individual warranties for my drives,  and memory so I don't have to send in the whole unit. Less hassle on my part then if a component fails.

I've never bought a prebuilt computer before, so this is kind of foreign to me. I've always built my computers in the past. But unfortunately I can't do that this time.. Times change, and I don't have room for a Desktop, even a SFF one in my semi truck.

Trying to keep the cost down as much as possible, and get the best value for my dollars spent. I don't mind spending $5000 I just don't want 20% or more of it going into royalties and labor fees. Every time I upgrade to a new PC it has been quite the adventure. It would be so much easier if laptops were more modular like desktops.

I'm happy this year though, finally got most of my debts paid down, and I haven't even got my taxes back yet. Should give me a nice headstart on the year. I've learned from my financial mistakes of the past. Credit is sometimes a necessary evil.. but I finally beat it back into submission. A zero dollar balance on all my credit accounts put a very big smile on my face.

Sign in to follow this