Sign in to follow this  
Noob_Guardian

Disabling Fullscreen Optimization

I read up disabling fullscreen optimization in windows 8/10 may help with fps/lag. Seems to have helped me with waterfront lag/stutter.

Right-click the APB.ex e (located in binaries folder)

Click on Properties

Click on the Compatibility tab

Check “Disable Full Screen Optimizations”

Click OK

May have to do the same with the game "launcher" and steam as well.

Feel free to test, sometimes it works, sometimes it won't help. But if you havn't tried and would like to know if it may help, that's how.

If you want to shut it off for all games on your system

Edited by Noob_Guardian
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I read up disabling fullscreen optimization in windows 8/10 may help with fps/lag. Seems to have helped me with waterfront lag/stutter.

Right-click the APB.ex e (located in binaries folder)

Click on Properties

Click on the Compatibility tab

Check “Disable Full Screen Optimizations”

Click OK

May have to do the same with the game "launcher" and steam as well.

Feel free to test, sometimes it works, sometimes it won't help. But if you havn't tried and would like to know if it may help, that's how.

If you want to shut it off for all games on your system

I suggest people do this for every game. I do. 

It works in APB and pretty much every other game I've done it in. To test if it works, if you push the volume button on your keyboard or something the volume overlay should NOT show up over your game.

Looks a cool thing, nice to see peoples try to help each others 🙂

3 hours ago, LaQuandra said:

I suggest people do this for every game. I do. 

It works in APB and pretty much every other game I've done it in. To test if it works, if you push the volume button on your keyboard or something the volume overlay should NOT show up over your game.

Please don't, not every game behaves like ancient game like APB does. Most games understand these settings and it usually doesn't impact  anything. Other then the tab says "Compactability".

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Please don't, not every game behaves like ancient game like APB does. Most games understand these settings and it usually doesn't impact  anything. Other then the tab says "Compactability".

Most games will benefit from it because it will reduce some lag/fps hit. It isn't guaranteed to work in all games but Microsoft was dumb for adding it over full screen applications. It takes like 10 seconds to do for whatever game you want and you lose out on nothing (unless you really want to see the volume tab or whatever other update Microsoft wants to pop up on your screen).

7 hours ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

usually, but may which is why I posted about it (despite being late to actually suggest this, but it's an issue in other games apparently like league, which is where i got the link from.

Sign in to follow this