TheDogCatcher

Congratulations LO

I know I've started a couple of threads in the past that have been quite crticial of LO, but credit where credit's due, -January 2019 was the first month since June 2018 where the game's playerbase grew by any significant amount, it had dropped off quite significantly after that time and then just flatlined for quite a while, this is according to Steam Charts (which may not be totally accurate but it's good enough) .

Anyhow I thought this was worth a mention, with any luck it's more than just some kind of seasonal annomaly. 🙂

• Like 11
  • Thanks 1

True i am also happy that they are doing great. And in June 2018 a lot of people came back but left again after the Shotgun buffs that took 1 month to nerf and population went back down where it was. 

Well done to Matt Scott and all of Little Orbit, It has been a stark difference from what APB used to be with staff actually come across as ignoring or intimidated by the player base.

While there has been a steep learning curve, but the enthusiasm means more than I think anyone at Little Orbit realise.

13 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

Hurray

Hip-hip...

The game is in the worst state I have ever seen. If anyone thinks otherwise you are delusional. I just hope this engine update is worth it and hopefully they can address the cheater issues and maybe advertise to bring back some population. They are not even banning the blatant cheaters advertising their cheat programs on stream.

Edited by Nev
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Nev said:

The game is in the worst state I have ever seen. If anyone thinks otherwise you are delusional. I just hope this engine update is worth it and hopefully they can address the cheater issues.

Under previous ownership, there most likely would not of been a engine upgrade at all the anti-cheat system wasn't updated.

In 2017 I was actually wanting APB:Reloaded servers shut down, saving the players that pain of GamersFirst's was to go into potential bankruptcy!

APB has been at worse places and right now we're recovering from being at a very bad place.

Edited by VickyFox
typo corrections
  • Like 2

22 hours ago, dailytism said:

a positive thread on the company???

can we be friends

🙄

On 2/4/2019 at 6:56 AM, Nev said:

The game is in the worst state I have ever seen. If anyone thinks otherwise you are delusional. I just hope this engine update is worth it and hopefully they can address the cheater issues and maybe advertise to bring back some population. They are not even banning the blatant cheaters advertising their cheat programs on stream.

Um... No?  2017 up until LO took over in mid 2018 was the worst period this game has ever seen.  Speed hackers around every corner, servers constantly lagging and restarting, no communication from G1 whatsoever, and just an over all terrible experience.  And yes the community is still shit for the most part, but I've noticed a change in attitude for the better since LO took over.  Maybe it's because things are getting better  v('~')v

I'm just waiting, patiently, still.. The population is still nowhere near where it was 5-6 years ago. Even then it wasn't super impressive, just good enough to slog along. If the Average monthly player base ever breaks 2,500 I'll applaud then, we'll be back to where we started at least. I have my hopes up that Little Orbit will turn things around, but there isn't anything to celebrate at the moment unfortunately.

On 2/4/2019 at 3:56 AM, Nev said:

worst state you have ever seen?

have you been playing all these years?

ive seen worse easily while g1 was owners

I'm just happy they kept my favourite games alive, imagine if LO never bought g1 and for all the people complaining about their actions (not that I agree with all of them) consider the fact that without them you  wouldn't exist here at all.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

worst state you have ever seen?

have you been playing all these years?

ive seen worse easily while g1 was owners

I think they were talking about the last couple of years under G1 and up to the present. The game is pretty dead compared to the first few years G1 ran the game. 2012 to 2015 was when we had a moderate population. It dropped off significantly halfway into 2015. I've been playing on and off since the RTW Closed beta, and the game is dead compared to the past. 

https://steamcharts.com/app/113400

Once Little Orbit gets 3.5 EU out and hopefully stabilizes the client and servers. They'll need to do some more advertising and marketing to bring the playerbase back. As it stands right now, even if they fix the game, there just aren't enough people out there who know about it. Some of the veteran players might come back, but this game need some new blood to be revived. I'll never give up on this game, but not everyone is as optimistic.

around 2015 was cash grabbing and rage bannings among other things.

On 2/5/2019 at 7:56 AM, BrandonBranderson said:

Um... No?  2017 up until LO took over in mid 2018 was the worst period this game has ever seen.  Speed hackers around every corner, servers constantly lagging and restarting, no communication from G1 whatsoever, and just an over all terrible experience.  And yes the community is still shit for the most part, but I've noticed a change in attitude for the better since LO took over.  Maybe it's because things are getting better  v('~')v

this is what I thought he meant as well although I do not believe the community is that bad (not good but not that bad)

The APB community is fine by internet standards. Try playing Rust for example, in my experience it's a lot more toxic and has 80% less hackusations than APB. I still love both games, but the Rust community is certainly more toxic. APB is like a breath of fresh air in comparison.

Now if only APB had a population the size of Rust..

https://steamcharts.com/app/252490

On 2/6/2019 at 4:31 PM, demonoid said:

The APB community is fine by internet standards. Try playing Rust for example, in my experience it's a lot more toxic and has 80% less hackusations than APB. I still love both games, but the Rust community is certainly more toxic. APB is like a breath of fresh air in comparison.

Now if only APB had a population the size of Rust..

https://steamcharts.com/app/252490

Can agree, rust is very toxic. I tried playing it once with a few friend, we all spawned and ran around for a few minutes and got shot and than called some very explicit words. Was not fun at all.