dailytism

option to pause premium

during the past few weeks I’ve found myself wasting premium because the servers are down, or simply because I’m not online.

what if we had an option to pause our premium and manually resume it again, or have it simply only continue whenever we’re online and playing?

just a thought, don’t hate on me too much.

• Like 8

Im not sure how I feel about players being able to pause it.

Though I guess it'd be cool if LO paused it during unplayable times.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

definitely make it worth the price in my opinion

10 minutes ago, dailytism said:

definitely make it worth the price in my opinion

yeah for sure

or premium could be changed to cover time logged in instead of just time since purchase

• Like 12

5 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

or premium could be changed to cover time logged in instead of just time since purchase

I like this approach.

Least ways, you could choose not to login during inoperable times, and preserve your Premium time for another day.

4 minutes ago, Westford said:

I like this approach.

Least ways, you could choose not to login during inoperable times, and preserve your Premium time for another day.

yeah I like that idea, hopefully it’s something they will consider implementing

Realistically I fully support converting premium time to time spent logged into the game and playing BUT that will definitely lower revenue coming from premium purchases directly and I doubt they'd want to go for such a change. That's a better option than being able to pause premium. Being able to pause and unpause at will is way too abuseable. For example if you only need premium to design, you can buy 30 days for an entire year and be able to design (that's also relative but you get the point).

I think that changing it to time spent logged in is a good enough balance.

• Like 5

11 minutes ago, Flaws said:

Realistically I fully support converting premium time to time spent logged into the game and playing BUT that will definitely lower revenue coming from premium purchases directly and I doubt they'd want to go for such a change. That's a better option than being able to pause premium. Being able to pause and unpause at will is way too abuseable. For example if you only need premium to design, you can buy 30 days for an entire year and be able to design (that's also relative but you get the point).

I think that changing it to time spent logged in is a good enough balance.

if premium revenue falls too much from switching to time logged in, orbit could always adjust how much premium time you actually receive

Just now, BXNNXD said:

if premium revenue falls too much from switching to time logged in, orbit could always adjust how much premium time you actually receive

if they changed the regular 30 days premium to 15 days, and changed it to where it’s only applied when you’re logged in, I feel as if that would compensate.

• Like 1

The suggestion of Little Orbit pausing it during unplayable times seems best. The other ideas seem superficial like a placebo (think threat color)

I personally do not have any better ideas for what to do about premium lost however if there was something to where a chance of premium for a few hours was given then it could possibly balance out

Warframe does something similar and it seems effective , but that does not mean it is a good idea for APB

I support this idea but can see why it is not smart revenue wise. I barely play a few hours per week so 30 days or even 15 days of paid premium would take like half a year to use up and I don't think any overpaid suit with windows calculator is going to think it is a good idea to go from earning $10 a month to $5 a year but the consequence of that is that I don't buy Premium so they're really getting $0 an forever. 

It'll be hard to find a solution that both benefits LO and is more [casual] player-friendly without screwing over the frequent players than the current model.

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

I thought about this too - effectively increasing the cost of Premium but then it runs in to the problem of in order for it to be worthwhile for LO they might need to increase the cost significantly to the point where those playing often simply won't be able to afford Premium.

How about having 2 types of Premium - 1 Monthly based, 1 Play Time based. Monthly stays the same price per hour but Play Time is more expensive Premium per hour at some happy value that's somewhere between the place where the casuals are happy and the glorified suits with windows calculator are happy and only ticks down during time played. 

Or having one that ticks slower? When not logged in it ticks down at half or a quarter the time?

Or having it so like when you log in you "spend" 24 hours worth so if you logged in at 6PM Sat you get until 6PM Sun. If you're still logged in at 7PM Sun that's another day spent whether you play for 1 hours or 24 hours. If you're not logged in at 6PM Sun or 601PM Sun it doesn't spend another day? Nicer for the casuals, frequents still get the same but it will suck for those who just log in and out to check mail or something and bam that's a day spent. Also what if they just want to buy from ARMAS? Does website log in count?

Or just being able to pause it? I think I like this idea.

Oh man this is tough. I use windows calculator in standard view so this is way above my pay grade.

49 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I personally do not have any better ideas for what to do about premium lost however if there was something to where a chance of premium for a few hours was given then it could possibly balance out

So like a mission reward? This seems nice as it really would help those who just want a few hours to make that one tweak on their 30 layered vehicle or clothing item but at the end it is just giving away free stuff and I don't think that's LO MO plus if it is a random reward it'll be down to RNG and max ranks who no longer need to collect any of the Lore pages or Emotes or any other junk that stops my lowbie characters from getting their share of Yellow Mods will be more likely to earn the free Premium and then players who play more will no doubt have more chances at free Premium too so it becomes the rich get richer scenario where you've got players who max out play time and would benefit the most from buying Premium have no desire to because they're stocked up with free Premium while those who play casually but would like to have Premium for those few hours a week are not going to get as much benefit and still won't buy any Premium. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu
if I type .exe it autocorrects to program?

1 hour ago, KnifuWaifu said:

So like a mission reward?

mission reward  log in reward....no idea really.

I'm just trying to help brainstorm with everyone to make APB better

• Thanks 1

haven't played APB for like 4+ month now... pretty sure my premium is about to run out (or already has)... RIP

supporting the idea of premium only counting for time logged in, not time since purchase. (obviously needs a rework though)

3 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

mission reward  log in reward....no idea really.

I'm just trying to help brainstorm with everyone to make APB better

Brainstorming is good. 

A log in reward would be better than a mission reward on the basis of what I said earlier with the rewards being against the favour of newer players. 

But I still feel that Premium needs to give LO a profit somehow, maybe in addition to the idea they give away Premium more often, but in hourly parts (although for most a 1 Day Premium is basically an hourly thing). Like if they buy JMBs it automatically comes with 1-2hours premium or anything from ARMAS the more G1C the more Premium attached. I know there are those loyalty rewards but again a casual player is going to get more value out of hourly premiums or 1-3 day premiums than they'll get out of a 15 day lump sum. I know for myself I have at stack of 10-15 day Premium Codes which I don't want to use simply because I haven't had 10-15 days I can set aside to play APB. 

7 hours ago, dailytism said:

during the past few weeks I’ve found myself wasting premium because the servers are down, or simply because I’m not online.

what if we had an option to pause our premium and manually resume it again, or have it simply only continue whenever we’re online and playing?

well i got a good idea about this feature i mean they can do the pause but like every 5 days and u can pause it for only 2 days it would be pretty nice and decent idea 

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

couldn't agree more

self pause  ability's i wouldn't suggest being added to the game but if the servers are down ... i can understand if we get that time back in premium for those who bought it

the ability of self pauzing the premium i don't think that wil ever come. i even find it bad for economical reasons. LO wil not recieve money to help get this game better and we wil have the same issue like G1 did.

stil i can vouch for a system when server is down that we get ( for those who bought premium.) a compensation for the lost time the server went offline.

if the price changes for getting premium make it that its worth is to get it. i love the jokerboxes to get premium of those. it was cheap and deffinitly worth the while.

Edited by TzickyT

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Fully Agree on that.

• Like 1

Interesting idea, I agree the most with CookiePuss though.

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Wish I could have paused my 5 years of premium before it expired. I don't see this happening though. Not for a F2P game.

22 hours ago, dailytism said:

Would you charge more for the benefit of only being used while playing or should the price remain the same?

I personally wish they made it so being premium was worth it.  My characters are years old and I have no need to update their looks anymore.  The 2x gain is not something I worry about since my 2 mains are maxed and my others I don't care about being a lower rank.

One thing that would get me to use premium more is the benefit of a free 15-30 day rental of a weapon or auctions no longer expire as long as you have premium.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, illgot said:

Would you charge more for the benefit of only being used while playing or should the price remain the same?

I personally wish they made it so being premium was worth it.  My characters are years old and I have no need to update their looks anymore.  The 2x gain is not something I worry about since my 2 mains are maxed and my others I don't care about being a lower rank.

One thing that would get me to use premium more is the benefit of a free 15-30 day rental of a weapon or auctions no longer expire as long as you have premium.

That has bothered me since the start. Including some type of reward per month would be an incredibly good incentive to keep paying. Whether it just be a weapon skin, lone clothing item, or even simply an item lease. Wouldn't even have to be unique. Just something to keep people wanting to pay that fee would be nice. I have to totally agree on that. 

anytime a server is down, or on mitigation, premium should automatically be paused

been saying it forever

• Like 1

Premium is not that expensive. Just ocasional use of armas may give you premium for almost game lifetime duration. 

Tho, in some games is feature called "vacation" status that might be used limited amounts of time per year. Lets say it would be possible to pause the premium for 2-3x per year in APB.