Dead_Game

need a cheater alert system

On 2/3/2019 at 9:12 AM, Hypothesis said:

oh I did and told others streaming to report the guy too.

xyvWfjb.jpg

How is this considered a cheat? There are multiple things this one screen can be. It would be more helpful in you told us how exactly this is considered a cheat in your case to avoid repeating questions.

Edited by IRyanI

Like it would matter if cheats or overlay.

Its a 3rd party program which gives you an advantage.
So ban him for being a pathetic scrub.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 1:02 PM, Defibrillator said:

Thats a crosshair shader. Thats the closest thing anyone could come up with from that image. 

no its not, its an overlay.

4 hours ago, Halelulia said:

Like it would matter if cheats or overlay.

Its a 3rd party program which gives you an advantage.
So ban him for being a pathetic scrub.

good meme, both this dumb patootie post and your title of "threat level diamond".

as long as it doesn't modify the game files, it is allowed. (so shader crosshairs are not.) sorry to bust the bubbles of all the retards in this thread. ask mattscott/selali in discord or a GM ingame.

you guys dolts or adults, get real man. one of you deserves to sleep in a twin bed for the rest of your life.

also, OP, sorry, but you don't have the knowledge or the skill level to know if someone is streaming with cheats, especially considering what you posted isn't even related to cheats. If you think someone is cheating, how about you stop being s'fuzzy bunny and hit the report button on twitch and report them ingame.

and hey everyone, i'm a bad person. sorry if i hurt your feelings but dumb posts like these exhaust me mentally.

Edited by Thaumaturge

On 2/5/2019 at 7:29 PM, KyoukiDotExe said:

Wait wait wait. You're telling me, no fog shader is NOT bannable? It involves the same process.

Please elaborate.

Well somewhat, from what I can gather the files used to remove fog are not traditional shader files that require you to use Bloom to see an effect so it is more comparable to something like the removal of muzzle flash. (Files used are "Common" "Definitions" "HeightFogPixelShader") As for the process it really just is a replacement of files in the shaders folder including a small text file that basically allows you to enable/disable the fog without having to replace files over and over.

Real shaders that require you to enable Bloom in-game work through different files, namely "APBUberPostProcessBlendPixelShader" and "OutlinePixelShader". These can be tweaked in a ton of ways while the no fog "shader" can basically only do one and that is removing the fog which gives no advantage whatsoever other than the 10~15 you gain from removing said fog.

Edited by Frosi

20 hours ago, IRyanI said:

How is this considered a cheat? There are multiple things this one screen can be. It would be more helpful in you told us how exactly this is considered a cheat in your case to avoid repeating questions.

why did he need it in the middle of the stream, he did not have it  for the good 30 min of the stream. Later after someone pointing it out on his stream about it , he turned it off like a good lad. So I am  still on the assumption that it was just not just a cross hair overlay. Sorry.

21 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

why did he need it in the middle of the stream, he did not have it  for the good 30 min of the stream. Later after someone pointing it out on his stream about it , he turned it off like a good lad. So I am  still on the assumption that it was just not just a cross hair overlay. Sorry.

But that fits in with how an overlay works... F5 to show/hide overlay like with PlayClaw for instance.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

But that fits in with how an overlay works... F5 to show/hide overlay like with PlayClaw for instance.

I see , oh well. 

1 minute ago, Hypothesis said:

I see , oh well. 

Not saying it should or shouldn't be allowed.

Just saying that's how overlays often work.

Edited by CookiePuss

19 hours ago, Thaumaturge said:

also, OP, sorry, but you don't have the knowledge or the skill level to know if someone is streaming with cheats, especially considering what you posted isn't even related to cheats. If you think someone is cheating, how about you stop being s'fuzzy bunny and hit the report button on twitch and report them ingame.

and hey everyone, i'm a bad person. sorry if i hurt your feelings but dumb posts like these exhaust me mentally.

I did , but not in game sorry. I am lazy to do a proper video to hide his name and show you what I found suspicious. Posting that on forum seems pointless, the post is not just about that or that one guy. Thank you for your feedback. Appreciated. 

On 2/7/2019 at 11:49 AM, IRyanI said:

Is an external crosshair not implemented by G1/LO, simply put a shader. Its to make things easier to shoot and is against the TOS. Plain and simple its cheating.

3 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Is an external crosshair not implemented by G1/LO, simply put a shader. Its to make things easier to shoot and is against the TOS. Plain and simple its cheating.

just because it’s an external crosshair doesn’t mean it’s a shader crosshair

external crosshairs such as overlays and the like have yet to be judged as allowed or unallowed 

You've always been able to edit any shaders, ini files etc with no risk of any ban and that has never changed. The reason for this is obvious.

In 3.5 update, as I interpret it, all of the stuff they won't allow people editing anymore will simply be compiled with the game and wont be editable in any ini files and such.

Edited by SilverCrow

6 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

In 3.5 update, as I understand it, all of the stuff they won't allow people editing anymore will simply be compiled with the game and wont be editable in any ini files and such.

Sauce?

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Sauce?

A couple of sources.

The Q&A with Matt from May (starting about 46:00)

Add with this thread:

And then there were some other sources too I think but I'm having trouble remembering those.

Edited by SilverCrow

27 minutes ago, SilverCrow said:

A couple of sources.

The Q&A with Matt from May (starting about 46:00)

Add with this thread:

And then there were some other sources too I think but I'm having trouble remembering those.

Hmmm... Im not seeing it.

19 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

just because it’s an external crosshair doesn’t mean it’s a shader crosshair

external crosshairs such as overlays and the like have yet to be judged as allowed or unallowed 

Its a grey area that G1 left and its still an advantage over someone not using a crosshair at all.

4 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Its a grey area that G1 left and its still an advantage over someone not using a crosshair at all.

So use one then, if you think it matters so much.

Or don't .. either way it's up to you. 

4 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

whether it’s an advantage or not doesn’t matter, the fact is that it’s not currently against the rules 

13 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

and if they were to disallow it, using a monitor with hardware crosshair or a sticker for your monitor is still an alternative. if they were such an advantage, they should be patched in - and as matt said, they were gonna look at that

13 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

So use one then, if you think it matters so much.

Or don't .. either way it's up to you. 

Nah. Ill keep my pair and play the right way k thx.

13 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

whether it’s an advantage or not doesn’t matter, the fact is that it’s not currently against the rules 

It does matter cause then its cheating

4 minutes ago, neophobia said:

and if they were to disallow it, using a monitor with hardware crosshair or a sticker for your monitor is still an alternative. if they were such an advantage, they should be patched in - and as matt said, they were gonna look at that

And growing a pair and developing the skill to get good with whats within the game is always the best option.

13 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

And growing a pair and developing the skill to get good with whats within the game is always the best option.

I think I'll let Little Orbit tell me what's allowed and what isn't when it comes to their game,  thanks. 

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Oh yes, you are one very masculine individual. I'm in awe of your pair.

I never even used one of them because they don't matter. You are being so whiney about them though.

Do you need some confirmation or smth?

Oh and while we're at it:

The way APB was meant to be played is on hardware from 2012. Grow a pair and get your first gen i5 out and play sub 30fps on a fhd screen.

Edited by neophobia

On 2/9/2019 at 2:11 PM, neophobia said:

Oh yes, you are one very masculine individual. I'm in awe of your pair.

I never even used one of them because they don't matter. You are being so whiney about them though.

Do you need some confirmation or smth?

Oh and while we're at it:

The way APB was meant to be played is on hardware from 2012. Grow a pair and get your first gen i5 out and play sub 30fps on a fhd screen.

you dont need to go and harass someone of their personal opinion. everyone's got their own.

this community is salty enough already. it would be better to just state your opinion and leave it at that.

Edited by IRyanI

9 hours ago, IRyanI said:

you dont need to go and harass someone of their personal opinion. everyone's got their own.

this community is salty enough already. it would be better to just state your opinion and leave it at that.

oh but i might need to grow some balls.

but no, to be fair, i may have went overboard and going personal with a person that goes personal isn't reasonable...

i was also trying to make fun of his "balls" and our apparent lack thereof was his only argument - and that they were his apparent main focus.

sure, you are entitled to your own opinion but that doesn't mean others can either criticise it (that i didn't really) or make fun of the way you state yours.

Edited by neophobia