Dead_Game

need a cheater alert system

19 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

We need to a cheater alert system to massively send reports against those streaming with cheats.

It is just rub in the face at that point when they think its ok to stream with cheats.

So what you're saying is like a general broadcast in game that says *character's name here* has been detected as cheating?

Little Orbit removed name and shame as it furthered toxic behaviour...

A live broadcast of people of cheating would surely only server to give them infamy.

You're not seriously suggesting this, It's their a minutes of having their name plastered over the server for all to see. Regardless if they're streaming or recording for Youtube.

Like some people in LA run from the cops just for fun, and if they get a news helicopter to cover their hot pursuit then they've achieved fame!

It's giving them a spotlight, That's is how they will see it and that is exactly what some of these people want!

Edited by VickyFox

3 hours ago, VickyFox said:

So what you're saying is like a general broadcast in game that says *character's name here* has been detected as cheating?

A live broadcast of people of cheating would surely only server to give them infamy.

You're not seriously suggesting this, It's their a minutes of having their name plastered over the server for all to see. Regardless if they're streaming or recording for Youtube.

Like some people in LA run from the cops just for fun, and if they get a news helicopter to cover their hot pursuit then they've achieved fame!

It's giving them a spotlight, That's is how they will see it and that is exactly what some of these people want!

isn't than something like a stats website for apb players better where people can see their stats and when the person banned there stats are removed 

2 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

isn't than something like a stats website for apb players better where people can see their stats and when the person banned there stats are removed 

what

4 hours ago, TzickyT said:

i never used any stuff that messed with my game so why do you need a crosshair ?

this just feels like every bullet goes straight anyway ... 

ok i can maybe exagurate that i m against any use of anything outside the game only. 

i see a lot of people updating there config files and a lot use the advanced launcher.

hey where is the smoke? i ask. 

i changed it becous my pc is like a patato. the streamer says. 

"i look to there computer spects" runs a computer thats better than mine with a 2080 graphic card ...

personaly i would say ban advanced launcher but than a lot people wil not be happy so i am ok with that but i would suggest to remove that when 3.5 comes out.

other thing i would say. ban peopel who messing with config files. sure do it on a single player game but why on multiplayer. becous its possible. becous its an easy advantage.

or make sure that the config file gets redownloaded every time u start up the game. its a small file so the download wil not be a problem unless that player has a download limit of 1MB ( what i kindly don't beleve at all)

The game had a ton of cheaters banned becous of systems. just make a server for those hackers. let them play on there hacked account. but seperate them from playing on normal servers.

if a person hacked on a game they can play against hackers anyway in my oppinion. wil give the company money probebly becous now the game just has to less people anyway.

ideal situations are nice to look for solutions, arent they?

"lets just remove this thing i dont like - it doesnt matter if the bad PR will make the playerbase drop even further, we... we can spare them, ok? apb has like... what? 600 players in average playing at all times?... look man, as long as there are 4 players, we can play, ok?"

45 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

so, what you want is a low-key FF, "oh look, its -not a webpage to look for banned names- , no no, its a -stats webpage- that, indirectly -allows you to look for banned names-"

aka: what LO is trying to avoid at all costs.

do you really, REALLY, REALL-LI-TY-REALLY -MAGNAABSOLUTELY- N3333333333333333333333D! to get the names of the banned players? wont a simple "we banned X ammount of players" like in most games that shows that kind of stuff, be enough?

4 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

wont a simple "we banned X ammount of players" like in most games that shows that kind of stuff, be enough?

even that is too much imo

either the number is too high and everyone runs around hackusating because the game is “infested with cheaters” or the number is too low and everyone runs around hackusating because “orbit is letting cheaters roam free”

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

even that is too much imo

either the number is too high and everyone runs around hackusating because the game is “infested with cheaters” or the number is too low and everyone runs around hackusating because “orbit is letting cheaters roam free”

^

...mods will be angry if i just comment an arrow, right?

polar-bear-cub_917.jpg

fixed

Just now, TheOppositePolarBear said:

^

...mods will be angry if i just comment an arrow, right?

[image]

fixed

oMg sToP sPaMmiNg ThEsE GiAnT pOLaR bEaR piCs

3 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

so, what you want is a low-key FF, "oh look, its -not a webpage to look for banned names- , no no, its a -stats webpage- that, indirectly -allows you to look for banned names-"

aka: what LO is trying to avoid at all costs.

well i prefer something like metabans stil i feel like this game has something to do with fame or creating fame. i do say all the good players may have there stats shown. i also do say banned people shoud not be on the shown list and i know LO is trying to avoid toxic behaviour.

2 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

well i prefer something like metabans

i dont know what metabans is, but from what i could gather in a 3 minutes search, its eather:

A) a database of players shared by some server's admins, wich would not work because this is not community-server game.

or

B) a public witchhunt list of people accused of cheating, wich one - would have ALL players in the database because thats how APB community rolls, and two - ITS THE EXACT THING LO IS TRYING TO STOP, THUS, WHY THEY STOPPED BROADCASTING THE BANS.

9 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

i feel like this game has something to do with fame or creating fame. i do say all the good players may have there stats shown. i also do say banned people shoud not be on the shown list and i know LO is trying to avoid toxic behaviour.

and thats how the "cheater check squad" was born, a group of players that would check everyday the list, hoping to see the player they reported 2 weeks ago dissapear from it (thus, "it got banned"). and the day a -good- player gets banned? the toxic behaviour LO is trying to stop by stopping the ban broadcasts will be here once again.

so, once again - that list would also go against what LO has been doing this far.

-----------------------------------------

by the way you presented your idea:

5 hours ago, TzickyT said:

it looks like you want "FFBANS broadcast, but not FFBANS broadcast, because that got canned by LO, but a lowkey FFBANS broadcast, so i can search everyday for that player i reported 3 weeks ago and see if he got banned because of Ju5t1C33333333!!!!!!!!", wich goes against what LO has been doing.

if you want a webpage to show stats, thats kinda ok (just kinda - it also sparks all kind of toxic behaviour but i guess thats normal competitive gaming behaviour), once you give any kind of tip on who got banned, you can bet people is going to get as many info as they can out of that simple tip.

often people blatantly cheating do so for attention.

There is absolutely no reason to help them gain that attention.

Twitch is decent enough that they will quickly ban anyone caught cheating though I don't know their methods of detection.

It's better if cheaters get banned without much attention.  

11 hours ago, TzickyT said:

i never used any stuff that messed with my game so why do you need a crosshair ?

this just feels like every bullet goes straight anyway ... 

Inaccuracy spread is HUGE in this game. When it comes to ranging with auto-rifles, or acquiring a target with a sniper, knowing the absolute center is extremely useful when lining up the next shot as you wait for your spread markers to go down. Also shotgunning is easily twice as reliable given most shots are made while sprinting out from behind cover -a time when you can't see your in-game crosshair.

A center dot alone is apparently so useful, in fact, that the Ntec7 Ursus (basically a shorter-ranged full-auto Obeya rifle) comes with a preset mod SPECIFICALLY for showing you the exact center.

A blooming crosshair should hamper the accuracy of a weapon, not its operator.

On 2/4/2019 at 4:53 AM, Frosi said:

I believe shader dots are still against the ToS as they require you to edit shader files which is against the ToS. The only shader that is currently not bannable is the No fog shader.

really ?

On 2/4/2019 at 7:01 AM, VickyFox said:

well if they are streaming with cheats , its better to get them banned faster.

By alert system I mean is a  separate and exclusive session of report/support to handle streaming cheaters asap. 

Ps : Alert is for LO to get notified about the cheater not for players.

Edited by Hypothesis

42 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

well if they are streaming with cheats , its better to get them banned faster.

By alert system I mean is a  separate and exclusive session of report/support to handle streaming cheaters asap. 

Ps : Alert is for LO to get notified about the cheater not for players.

While there is a fair number of reports and a lot of work going into each and ever report, the number of streamers/youtuber that use banned practices are so small that the demand wouldn't justify such a system.

How can any person or system prioritise a streamer with a cross hair shader overlay while doing missions, over a person using an aim bot and speed hack in fightclub for example?

As of new year's day 2015 Cross hair shaders were banned.

Before that I admit to using them and when I removed them, what I found was that my aim was actually worse than I expected it to be overall... but saying that, the cross hairs didn't make me greatly better either.

Overtime when you don't practice marksmanship or hip fire properly, one become dependant on the shader then you become lazy with your aim.

The only real advantage is when the reticles disappear while sprinting or falling. Another thing to remember is while your aim may be more accurate, but that doesn't mean your gun is.

The only argument against shaders I find is "why should others be allowed when I can't", there are far worse things for staff to worry about.

I wouldn't go back to using a shaders and frankly the whole debate around them is bigger than the actual issue I feel.

This is just one of those times I feel we should just leave Customer Support be because we don't know what it's like doing their job, and while it may be constructive and healthy to debate these things, I don't think staff would appreciate being second guessed all the time.

2 hours ago, VickyFox said:

While there is a fair number of reports and a lot of work going into each and ever report, the number of streamers/youtuber that use banned practices are so small that the demand wouldn't justify such a system.

How can any person or system prioritise a streamer with a cross hair shader overlay while doing missions, over a person using an aim bot and speed hack in fightclub for example?

As of new year's day 2015 Cross hair shaders were banned.

Before that I admit to using them and when I removed them, what I found was that my aim was actually worse than I expected it to be overall... but saying that, the cross hairs didn't make me greatly better either.

Overtime when you don't practice marksmanship or hip fire properly, one become dependant on the shader then you become lazy with your aim.

The only real advantage is when the reticles disappear while sprinting or falling. Another thing to remember is while your aim may be more accurate, but that doesn't mean your gun is.

The only argument against shaders I find is "why should others be allowed when I can't", there are far worse things for staff to worry about.

I wouldn't go back to using a shaders and frankly the whole debate around them is bigger than the actual issue I feel.

This is just one of those times I feel we should just leave Customer Support be because we don't know what it's like doing their job, and while it may be constructive and healthy to debate these things, I don't think staff would appreciate being second guessed all the time.

Still not sure the one I spotted was actually using a cross-hair while he did not need it for the   big chunk of that stream and all of a sudden he needed it , so I am still not convinced it is just a cross hair at that point, I do have some suspicious no recoil moments in that stream later on after he has the cross hair popped up.

This is what I have learned over the years to help reduce stress in all walks of life.

Stop worry about things you cannot control. You cannot control if people cheat. You cannot control if LO bans cheaters. You can control if you play however. If the cheating is an issue for you, you can control whether or not you boot up and the game and deal with the cheaters.

You will end up and sad and unhappy person if you wait for people to change to your liking. 

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 7:53 PM, Frosi said:

I believe shader dots are still against the ToS as they require you to edit shader files which is against the ToS. The only shader that is currently not bannable is the No fog shader.

Wait wait wait. You're telling me, no fog shader is NOT bannable? It involves the same process.

Please elaborate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Wait wait wait. You're telling me, no fog shader is NOT bannable? It involves the same process.

Please elaborate.

Not like the halloween fog... the fog in the distance in normal districts.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

Not like the halloween fog... the fog in the distance in normal districts.

Which I see as the same thing, why is the other one allowed then? It's semi doing the same thing...

7 minutes ago, KyoukiDotExe said:

Which I see as the same thing, why is the other one allowed then? It's semi doing the same thing...

the halloween fog is a mechanic meant to impact gameplay, the normal fog is just an extra visual option (that requires extra pc power) and has no impact on gameplay

Im just guna say it

Learn to use what the game offers. Using any outside programs is an unfair advantage to those not using them and shouldn't be allowed. Either man up and deal with it or dont play its that simple.

Speaking about twitch bans what about the one very polular pathetic hypocrite apb streamer who got banned like 10 times on FF, even admitted himself as a cheater in 1 time YT video (deleted shortly after LO took over)  still streaming easily on twitch with no punishment?

Its the only person that actually pisses me off in a whole apb community

7 hours ago, Eixo said:

Speaking about twitch bans what about the one very polular pathetic hypocrite apb streamer who got banned like 10 times on FF, even admitted himself as a cheater in 1 time YT video (deleted shortly after LO took over)  still streaming easily on twitch with no punishment?

Its the only person that actually pisses me off in a whole apb community

what about him?

like it or not little orbit gave everyone a (fair imo) second chance, if he does cheat he’ll get banned and you can make all the “i told u so” threads that you want

There is a report system for these type of issues,i would recommend using that or emailing the support about it if you doubt its functionality but as much as i am aware of it is indeed working.