Dead_Game

need a cheater alert system

We need to a cheater alert system to massively send reports against those streaming with cheats.

It is just rub in the face at that point when they think its ok to stream with cheats.

Edited by Hypothesis

11 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

We need to a cheater alert system to massively send reports against those streaming with cheats.

It is just rub in the face at that point when they think its ok to stream with cheats.

Along with reporting them to support, make sure you also report them to twitch. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Along with reporting them to support, make sure you also report them to twitch. 

oh I did and told others streaming to report the guy too.

xyvWfjb.jpg

Edited by Hypothesis
  • Like 1

am i the only who doesn’t understand?

op wants a spam button?

48 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

xyvWfjb.jpg

Thats a crosshair shader. Thats the closest thing anyone could come up with from that image. 

51 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

xyvWfjb.jpg

Overlay crosshairs are allowed actually, so there's not an issue at all

There was a cheater streaming earlier, me and speed reported his twitch and it got banned in like 20 seconds. That was equally amazing as it was terrifying

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, FluttershyI said:

Overlay crosshairs are allowed actually, so there's not an issue at all

I believe shader dots are still against the ToS as they require you to edit shader files which is against the ToS. The only shader that is currently not bannable is the No fog shader.

16 minutes ago, VanilleKeks said:

There was a cheater streaming earlier, me and speed reported his twitch and it got banned in like 20 seconds. That was equally amazing as it was terrifying

pinging/DMing selali on discord seems to work fairly well, only problem is discord isn’t exactly an official channel

3 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

xyvWfjb.jpg

If its just the crosshair and its only an overlay, Im not sure how much LO is doing about that at the moment.

I think what would be cool is if Twitch and G1 integrated a system together, so that if someone reported a cheater on Twitch, and they were banned, Twitch itself would then send a report to G1. This report would be some kind of high priority report since the cheating is effectively proven, allowing the GMs to immediately investigate and ban.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Frosi said:

I believe shader dots are still against the ToS as they require you to edit shader files which is against the ToS. The only shader that is currently not bannable is the No fog shader.

There are crosshair overlays that do not require this.

20 minutes ago, RandomCatface said:

There are crosshair overlays that do not require this.

which is why he said shader dots

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

If its just the crosshair and its only an overlay, Im not sure how much LO is doing about that at the moment.

I am not sure because , he did not have it while he was streaming earlier and he had it after a hot-key press during a mission. Since then, no recoil but there was hit-reg delays. 

8vP7HjR.gif

Edited by Hypothesis
  • Like 1

43 minutes ago, Hypothesis said:

I am not sure because , he did not have it while he was streaming earlier and he had it after a hot-key press during a mission. Since then, no recoil but there was hit-reg delays. 

could have been the mumble overlay hotkey, but the different cursor is interesting

33 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

could have been the mumble overlay hotkey, but the different cursor is interesting

It's a crosshair overlay not a mumble hotkey. It used to be allowed, if he's a return player, he may not know that it's not allowed any longer.  I still don't see any proof of cheating, I think banning his stream was kinda overboard and why we don't have any population attracted to the game.  The overlay crosshair is helpful, I used it a few years ago, but not dramatically so and it doesn't help you win in any way.

hi6E9LX.gif

9 minutes ago, Hey! said:

It's a crosshair overlay not a mumble hotkey. It used to be allowed, if he's a return player, he may not know that it's not allowed any longer.

as far as overlays are concerned orbit has yet to come to a decision last i heard

12 minutes ago, porcupine_omg said:

can it be like a public emergency alert where we get texts on our phones 

Oh I like this idea. 

11 hours ago, Frosi said:

MattScott has said that he and his team want to offer alternatives, themselves, and until they can, they're not going to force players to adapt to an unfinished piece of the game; customizable crosshairs, specifically.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Oh I like this idea. 

yeah, because i need more alerts on my phone

25 minutes ago, Alani said:

yeah, because i need more alerts on my phone

"Warning, Alani has entered the district."

i never used any stuff that messed with my game so why do you need a crosshair ?

this just feels like every bullet goes straight anyway ... 

ok i can maybe exagurate that i m against any use of anything outside the game only. 

i see a lot of people updating there config files and a lot use the advanced launcher.

hey where is the smoke? i ask. 

i changed it becous my pc is like a patato. the streamer says. 

"i look to there computer spects" runs a computer thats better than mine with a 2080 graphic card ...

personaly i would say ban advanced launcher but than a lot people wil not be happy so i am ok with that but i would suggest to remove that when 3.5 comes out.

other thing i would say. ban peopel who messing with config files. sure do it on a single player game but why on multiplayer. becous its possible. becous its an easy advantage.

or make sure that the config file gets redownloaded every time u start up the game. its a small file so the download wil not be a problem unless that player has a download limit of 1MB ( what i kindly don't beleve at all)

The game had a ton of cheaters banned becous of systems. just make a server for those hackers. let them play on there hacked account. but seperate them from playing on normal servers.

if a person hacked on a game they can play against hackers anyway in my oppinion. wil give the company money probebly becous now the game just has to less people anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1