Sign in to follow this  
Fenton

Request: Language decal packs.

2 hours ago, MartisLTU said:

. just NOT with russian. (Chat. already russ only 🤢

unironically acting out the same meme posted earlier in thread, A+

• Thanks 1

More people speak chinese than russian. Over 1 billion so it would be more fair to create chinese decals not russian.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Clandestine said:

More people speak chinese than russian. Over 1 billion so it would be more fair to create chinese decals not russian.

Hmmm... I cant recall ever seeing a  chinese national in APB.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Hmmm... I cant recall ever seeing a  chinese national in APB.

How do you want to recognize chinese national in APB?

2 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

How do you want to recognize chinese national in APB?

Same as BRs and RUs, by their writing phrases in chat.

You ever been told "Biàn dé hǎo" ?

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Same as BRs and RUs, by their writing phrases in chat.

You ever been told "Biàn dé hǎo" ?

You're wrong. All hentai fans and weebz are chinese. They largely outnumber russians.

2 minutes ago, Clandestine said:

You're wrong. All hentai fans and weebz are chinese. They largely outnumber russians.

KQ0mqD3.gif

So what do you get if a Russian marries a Chinese and has kids?

Back on topic : I do not recall that any one said only Russian but I personally did say we should start somewhere so why not both as well as others?

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

So what do you get if a Russian marries a Chinese and has kids?

Back on topic : I do not recall that any one said only Russian but I personally did say we should start somewhere so why not both as well as others?

I don't wanna get banned for this answer

On 2/3/2019 at 3:38 AM, Fenton said:

So, I've been working on a few international vehicles. Including a few attempt at Russian.

For example:

Reveal hidden contents

6JE238Y.jpga39iGq3.png

It would be nice however, to have the Cyrillic alphabets available so all our customization doesn't have to go into writing "Militia", "Police" or "Investigation committee".

Thoughts?

It's СледстВЕнный.

1 hour ago, Gro said:

It's СледстВЕнный.

Google and Wikipedia can only do so much in terms of reference photographs, but it's probably human error on my part. I'll correct it.

On 2/3/2019 at 9:39 AM, MartisLTU said:

No. how about other languages ? ... it will be unfair.

He means the symbols for design. 

• Thanks 1

On 2/2/2019 at 9:38 PM, Fenton said:

So, I've been working on a few international vehicles. Including a few attempt at Russian.

For example:

Reveal hidden contents

6JE238Y.jpga39iGq3.png

It would be nice however, to have the Cyrillic alphabets available so all our customization doesn't have to go into writing "Militia", "Police" or "Investigation committee".

Thoughts?

no.

more options for player customization never hurt anybody

but at the same time, some alphabets have over hundreds of characters, so where is the line drawn

hiragana / katakana, cyrillic, and accented characters or something of the sort could be an OK starting point

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

no.

you really don't like russians , do you ?

I don't understand why language packs cause such angry comments .  initially, the game had five or six language packs . players from different parts of the world was easier to obshatsya and customize the game . now the game has two language packs English and Russian . no other languages exist ?

5 hours ago, Yood said:

I don't understand why language packs cause such angry comments .  initially, the game had five or six language packs . players from different parts of the world was easier to obshatsya and customize the game . now the game has two language packs English and Russian . no other languages exist ?

language packs for decals, not people using certain languages in chat.

Lol

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, LoveForMatt said:

What about egyptian hieroglyphs?

2 hours ago, Inquitoria said:

ÆØÅ or riot

Sure, why not those too? More design decals are great tools.

ok .  

I see no problem in the writing of this words kapToLLIka .  

if you're talking about a graphics editor, I'm more interested in the limited use of symbol presets in in the creation new symbol  ?

YR74473Z2O.jpg

I can use them on clothes and in tuning the car . in the creation symbol this is not applicable .

Edited by Yood

On 2/5/2019 at 11:02 AM, Yood said:

ok .  

I see no problem in the writing of this words kapToLLIka .  

if you're talking about a graphics editor, I'm more interested in the limited use of symbol presets in in the creation new symbol  ?

YR74473Z2O.jpg

I can use them on clothes and in tuning the car . in the creation symbol this is not applicable .

I don't use presets. I use fonts and other shapes to make lettering, like so... (with my apologies to those that can read Kanji, this was a work in progress).

PfllutQ.jpg

That said, any extra decals would be lovely.

While language packs for gameplay dialog is something that is a fair comment to consider. At the moment despite different languages offered by the game, there is only modern Latin/English letters for symbols.

It would be fair to get all supported dialog languages respected characters, but different language packs for symbol creation is going to be complex and need manual work by staff to do.

As harsh as it sounds, San Paro is a game based in the US and Russian isn't a language that is spoken in the city.

The primary language of San Paro is obviously English, the second most spoken language is actually Korean followed by Spanish. (Origin languages, they may be variations).

These languages are reflected in writing across the city.

While Little Orbit encourages diversity and will try to cater to as many people as possible, It's not feasible to support every language.

2 hours ago, Fenton said:

Reveal hidden contents

PfllutQ.jpg

you have a sufficient number of pre-installed simbols. those works that you do on 100 layers - simply no .  look at the work that was done by the players of the NSF World  . there were even fewer  pre-installed simbols. and only 30 layers . if you want I can recommend you one of the best in the NFS  in drawing simbols. 

Edited by Yood

Sign in to follow this