Yezzie

Cpu for apb

Im not sure if I buy this cpu AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.1 GHz) for apb

Whatever we tell you now about recommended APB hardware, probably will be obsolete in a month or so, when the new engine arrives.

• Like 1

Saxtus is right,i would advice you to wait a lil bit till you make a purchase ,untill we get the engine upgrade things are not certain about what specs you should have 

• Like 1

AMD is known to heat really quickly. So if you think about getting one in general, look at water cooling.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Alani said:

AMD is known to heat really quickly. So if you think about getting one in general, look at water cooling.

You should stop listening to Intel fanboys. Ryzens are actually very conservative when it comes to temps.

• Like 2

Unreal Engine 3.5 is hoped to come sometime within a month's time, It's REALLY unrecommended to alter your hardware at this time based on current APB requirements as this engine upgrade will significantly alter the game's performance and requirements.

The new game engine may be optimised to the point of being more efficient on the CPU and GPU than the current game engine.

For this reason you may find your current CPU would actually be reasonable to continue using!

You probably already have but consider if your graphics card is older and more of a bottle neck than the CPU.

consider the hardware demands of other games you may play.

It is advisable to continue keeping an eye out for changes in CPU prices, but hold off buying a new CPU just for now for the next month or two till the new engine is released and the bugs and glitches are worked out.

Hope this helps and all the best with the PC upgrades 😉

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Alani said:

They used to be. It's a completely different story right now. The new amd wraith is impressively good, outperforms intel's stock cooler, (definitely looks better than it lmao) and allows some overclocking even. It's also naturally silent, you won't hear it even @ full load.

As for the cpus, that ryzen is equivalent to some older models from intel. If i were you, i'd get a ryzen 5 or 7 just cause they're way better. In any way, the developers' objective is to get the game to run on as many systems as possible (duh!) so just stick to that ryzen 3, it's completely capable and will continue to be for at least a couple of years. But I suggest upgrading to the better models in the long run if you wish to do anything serious with your computer. 

You should be focusing more on a capable GPU right now though. Seems the game is getting a graphical improvement with the next update

Edited by _chain

Water cooling helps regardless, and its pretty cheap nowadays,

Idk what whathisface is talking about intel fanboy though. Lol

• Like 1

AMD CPUs aren't that good in single core performance compared to Intel. This game runs on a single core right now, not sure how it's going to be with 3.5 though, so just be aware.

AMD Threadripper CPUs are good though.

Edited by swft

5 hours ago, Yezzie said:

Im not sure if I buy this cpu AMD Ryzen 3 1200 (3.1 GHz) for apb

If you really want good advice from people you should give your current computer specs.

3 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Whatever we tell you now about recommended APB hardware, probably will be obsolete in a month or so, when the new engine arrives.

1 hour ago, VickyFox said:

Unreal Engine 3.5 is hoped to come sometime within a month's time

Im pretty sure that Matt has never said 3.5 in a month or so. 

i wouldn’t recommend building a pc around apb, 3.5 update or not

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alani said:

kek

Just now, BXNNXD said:

^this

Also,

whoever buys and supports intel or nvidia in 2019 is straight up ret . . . . .

4 hours ago, Saxtus said:

Not when you just buy the most expensive thing anyway.

Do you not play APB on dual CPUs?

I'd wait until 3.5 is out and also Zen 2 which is supposed to be a lot better than the previous generation of AMD CPUs.

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

^^ This

(Over all just build good gaming PC ... so u can run any game).

I would not get that CPU. It's slower than the other Ryzen CPUs in single thread performance. I would save up a little more and get a Ryzen 5 1600X, but only if you must go with AMD. Otherwise, any quad core Intel CPU over 3GHz from the last 5 years will be a better choice for APB.

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Im pretty sure that Matt has never said 3.5 in a month or so. 

do people make up their own release date then get mad when some company doesn't release on that date? seems like that's the case here, in that post, i didn't see a release date at all, so what cookie said here, he didn't say that

• Thanks 1

I've said "in a month or so" based on this .

After all "or so" could mean months and months!

1 minute ago, Saxtus said:

I mean, that's just some random player.

10 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Well it's all based on a post with lots of 'hopes'. We know more though now. We know SPCT have played on it. We also know there's a ton of bugs. And by the sounds of it, it won't be on test servers in a month but we really don't know. Either way if op wants to upgrade do it, Everyone loves an upgrade. But if you're really just upgrading for APB and you totally want to upgrade in the most efficient way for APB then wait. 

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah I ain't no testy tester. I just get to read stuff.

3 minutes ago, WitchQueen said:

Well it's all based on a post with lots of 'hopes'. We know more though now. We know SPCT have played on it. We also know there's a ton of bugs. And by the sounds of it, it won't be on test servers in a month but we really don't know. Either way if op wants to upgrade do it, Everyone loves an upgrade. But if you're really just upgrading for APB and you totally want to upgrade in the most efficient way for APB then wait. 

Yeah I ain't no testy tester. I just get to read stuff.

Don't listen to him WQ, You're not just some random player. You're a great friend and a fantastic eventer :'3

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

what's your problem with witchqueen?

13 minutes ago, Yeedman said:

what's your problem with witchqueen?

Why would I have a problem with WitchQueen?

Dude seems chill af.

• Like 1

witchqueen sucks

Edited by BXNNXD
haha is funi joke yes?