MattScott

Progress with UE3.5 / Integration

Why do I not see anything like "Server Protection Against Attacks" as a goal for the roadmap? I hate seeing this game lag every day... focus on servers first is my opinion.

7 hours ago, Lign said:

Why none mentioned phasing system? Is it coming with a new engine?

An upgrade to the engine is necessary for the phasing system, but I do not believe the phasing system is coming with the EU.

6 hours ago, moneychixx said:

Why do I not see anything like "Server Protection Against Attacks" as a goal for the roadmap? I hate seeing this game lag every day... focus on servers first is my opinion.

The points listed in the blog are aside from major issues like DDoS and anticheat. Those are along with the engine the top priorities

On 2/6/2019 at 5:11 AM, heysie said:

That's no real six core even the FX-8350 couldn't keep up with the 4 core i5 back then. They where just bad that's it! Former 8350 owner speaking here.

For a comparatively priced processor, the FX chips were much better than the dual-core chips Intel was offering.

The i5-3570K was $250-ish at release.

My FX-6350 was $140-ish.

I got a mobo, CPU, and RAM for the cost of the i5.

And it's still not -THAT- bad.

16 hours ago, Lign said:

Why none mentioned phasing system? Is it coming with a new engine?

Because that is a server thing, not an engine thing.

16 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

im pretty sure thats also an engine thing

9 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Well it is both client and server side

1 hour ago, Shimmer said:

How does one become a tester?

by getting asked if you want to become one

that's right, no applications, they ask you

1 hour ago, Shimmer said:

How does one become a tester?

trash orbit on the forums all the time :^)

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

trash orbit on the forums all the time :^)

That role has been filled, tyvm. 😛

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That role has been filled, tyvm. 😛

Pretty sure you dropped that role though.

So this topic was more than 3 weeks ago..i hope 3.5 is open to all to test this week(or we have at least news about it)..otherwise i have feeling that im gonna bite some1 throat out..

1 hour ago, TheMessiah said:

So this topic was more than 3 weeks ago..i hope 3.5 is open to all to test this week(or we have at least news about it)..otherwise i have feeling that im gonna bite some1 throat out..

I'm hoping we will get more updates...or atleast some screenshots from testers end february/begin march

Guess I will just stay away for now until it's all done and dandy. Getting another news similar to that it is essentially a Console-Port now would just kill me.

Keep up the good work though.

4 minutes ago, Dupash said:

Raytracing,thanks

What model gfx card you own right now?

8 hours ago, Saxtus said:

What model gfx card you own right now?

2060, so that's a hard pass on raytracing for me. 

On 2/26/2019 at 5:17 AM, Dupash said:

Raytracing,thanks

oh hell no

On 2/24/2019 at 5:18 PM, LoveForMatt said:

Testing things. Have you tested anything?

Ive tested many many things.  Im a content creator and currently working  super closely with Zenimax online for ESO, and have been one of 12 invited to their studios for the last 2 years to test their latest expansions  to provide feedback to their teams. So Im extremely familiar with NDA's, testing,  and press embargo's.  

On 2/26/2019 at 3:17 AM, Dupash said:

Raytracing,thanks

Would be cool to have for reflections. Probably be OP due how many windows are around in APB's case.

20 hours ago, Shimmer said:

Ive tested many many things.  Im a content creator and currently working  super closely with Zenimax online for ESO, and have been one of 12 invited to their studios for the last 2 years to test their latest expansions  to provide feedback to their teams. So Im extremely familiar with NDA's, testing,  and press embargo's.  

Tell them to upgrade their engine already. If not Reshade I'd get eye cancer .

Edited by Clandestine

On 2/28/2019 at 4:44 PM, El-Neko said:

Would be cool to have for reflections. Probably be OP due how many windows are around in APB's case.

I had asked for this earlier Matt didn't seem too keen on the point. I think the topic has really soured on ray-tracing right now simply because of NVIDIA. It shouldn't be that way because what NVIDIA are doing is using their fixed function RT cores on their GPU to utilize DXR instructions coupled with their denoiser which is accelerated by their tensor cores. This is just the method NVIDIA will go with ray-tracing, AMD and Intel will soon follow thereafter, the industry is heading that way. 

Matt did say there would be an eventual shift to UE4. Which just recently got instructions that can be utilized by developers to make it easy for them to implement ray-tracing into their games. I agree reflections would be the best application of ray-tracing in the case of APB just because it could also add slightly more complexity to the combat. 

Any word on how configs will be affected or will they be obsolete once the engine upgrade happens? 

If that's the case it would be nice to have some more options added to the playerbase such as being able to choose toggle vs hold for crouching/running in the vanilla game itself. Well, more options overall like the ones Advanced launcher provides. 

Once the update hits I'm assuming the configs won't even work right as they're rewriting the entire game? 

The hope is that after the engine upgrade rolls out, the Advanced launcher will neither work or needed anymore.

If there is an Advanced launcher setting that doesn't provide unfair advantage, you can always ask to be implemented at the relevant forum section.

2 hours ago, Saxtus said:

The hope is that after the engine upgrade rolls out, the Advanced launcher will neither work or needed anymore.

If there is an Advanced launcher setting that doesn't provide unfair advantage, you can always ask to be implemented at the relevant forum section.

The advanced launcher does not off unfair advantages. 

Unless you think letting players play with more than 20fps is unfair. 

Edited by CookiePuss