MattScott

Progress with UE3.5 / Integration

1 minute ago, CQBR said:

Will the FPS limit be increased to 3.5? All I managed to achieve now is 101 FPS, with a few subsidences.
PC: i7-8086K and 1070Ti

it's based on your screen refresh rate iirc, I have a 144hz monitor and my cap is set to 145

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, LoliHax said:

AMD Six-core  FX-6200,  16 gigs of ram, GTX 980.  An old system, but still runs practically every current game at 128 frames or higher depending on settings.

P.S. I already turned Render Eyelashes off a long time ago lol, Before they did that upgrade it was the Intel users having these issues.   The script got flipped basically.

That's no real six core even the FX-8350 couldn't keep up with the 4 core i5 back then. They where just bad that's it! Former 8350 owner speaking here.

49 minutes ago, CQBR said:

Will the FPS limit be increased to 3.5? All I managed to achieve now is 101 FPS, with a few subsidences.
PC: i7-8086K and 1070Ti

the current fps limit is 145 iirc

8 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

By default, the NDA prevents us from sharing anything without being given expressed permission to do so. 

welp. Time to get that permission my dude

jk....

no seriously...don't try anything, be a good cookie!

3 hours ago, Nitronik said:

it's based on your screen refresh rate iirc, I have a 144hz monitor and my cap is set to 145

Not fully based on the screen refresh rate sadly. I have a 155hz monitor and 145 fps is still max for current live build.

Edited by Speedz

So let me ask how are things going with APB ? I left this game a long time ago cuz nothing was changing expect new weapons in armas...When Little Orb took the game i heard something about new engine balances to the game better servers and staff like that. Is it worth it to come back ? Do Russians stlll play on EU servers ? (For me this is the worst...Fuse EU/NA to 1 server with decent Ping and let Russians play on their Server!! HACKERS!!)

Just now, ProPagandaGR said:

So let me ask how are things going with APB ? I left this game a long time ago cuz nothing was changing expect new weapons in armas...When Little Orb took the game i heard something about new engine balances to the game better servers and staff like that. Is it worth it to come back ? Do Russians stlll play on EU servers ? (For me this is the worst...Fuse EU/NA to 1 server with decent Ping and let Russians play on their Server!! HACKERS!!)

Imagine that, the xenophobe doesn't know how to work the search function.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Imagine that, the xenophobe doesn't know how to work the search function.

Bro dont get me wrong. Im half Russian myself but living in the EU. Could you please direct me where can i find whats new about APB ?

Thanks.

1 minute ago, ProPagandaGR said:

Bro dont get me wrong. Im half Russian myself but living in the EU. Could you please direct me where can i find whats new about APB ?

Thanks.

Refer to page one of this thread for news on 3.5

RUs still play Citadel but mostly cuz it took RP so long to bring their toons from Innova to Nekrova.

Nekrova, consequently, is a ghost town.

We have one new gun (Showstopper) and its legendary variant (Thunder).

APB now runs on bare metal servers, but the netcode still kinda sucks.

Not sure if you were here for the implementation of BattlEye and the removal of FairFight, but both of those happened.

Without knowing exactly why you quit, I cant really tell you if anything is going to seem better for you.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, LoliHax said:

AMD Six-core  FX-6200,  16 gigs of ram, GTX 980.  An old system, but still runs practically every current game at 128 frames or higher depending on settings.

P.S. I already turned Render Eyelashes off a long time ago lol, Before they did that upgrade it was the Intel users having these issues.   The script got flipped basically.

afaik apb doesn’t lean toward intel on purpose - because of its “overuse” of the cpu the game just favors higher single core clock speeds, something amd has only recently become competitive with 

On 2/5/2019 at 12:25 PM, sono123 said:

My thoughts exactly. It’s sounds like the game had needed to be rebuilt entirely, and that some systems could potentially be missing from the game or different altogether. This is a bit concerning 

Uuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... Yeah... Anyone who thought otherwise was way out of the loop.

There have been numerous times that it's been stated that the original APB Engine is a hodgepodge of Unreal Engine, and numerous custom modules that RTW made just for APB. Modules that have been since developed for Unreal, but integrated in an entirely different way. When you start taking out these massive bits, you have to figure out how to get them reworking with the new code.

Basically, the entire game has nearly been rewritten. Why do you think it's taken so long, honestly? You have a small team (RP had 6 coders at one time) doing the work that a massive team of 300 were doing. And that team of 300 took 5 years to make the game, and it still got rushed and pushed out without it being completed.

40 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Basically, the entire game has nearly been rewritten. Why do you think it's taken so long, honestly? You have a small team (RP had 6 coders at one time) doing the work that a massive team of 300 were doing. And that team of 300 took 5 years to make the game, and it still got rushed and pushed out without it being completed.

What.  Also do keep in mind that RP weren't the only ones working on APBs new engine until maybe 3 years in.  They cranked out a lot in about a 2 year span from what i can tell.  Props to them for their efforts.

15 hours ago, ProPagandaGR said:

Thanks.

you missed a few new events then

Progress, can't wait until they start adding new stuff and event's. PERIODT

Edited by Silicone

5 minutes ago, Silicone said:

Progress, can't wait. until they start adding new stuff and event's. PERIODT

... Im sorry, what?

Just now, CookiePuss said:

... Im sorry, what?

as in when the updates start rolling in.

22 hours ago, SkittyM said:

What.  Also do keep in mind that RP weren't the only ones working on APBs new engine until maybe 3 years in.  They cranked out a lot in about a 2 year span from what i can tell.  Props to them for their efforts.

It wasn't a bash at them at all.

I was one of the few that didn't give them shit for a long time, till the whole KttC banwave.

And even then, I didn't have a massive grasp of the situation. Except the fact that even the RTW Devs didn't know what the hell they were doing, either. 

What made me anti-RP was the KttC Bans, and then the year+ silence from Tiggs regarding anything.

If Tiggs was even 1/4 of talkative as Matt Scott is, maybe she wouldn't have gotten so much hate (She still would have gotten it, but probably not as much.)

Edited by Nymphi--DoubleDee

from i can read, it feels like you guys are building an castle of cards without glue

good luck

old version of the engine upgrade, one before consoles, was kinder to us.

On 2/1/2019 at 11:24 PM, CookiePuss said:

I walked around social for an hour listening to footsteps and found some stairs and a landing with no footstep sounds. 

... testing is fun!

Is the overpass in Waterfront still using grass/dirt particles and sounds, though?

On 2/3/2019 at 9:53 AM, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

It seems so many forget that even the original developers didn't even know how half the stuff worked. 

As the story goes the original developers came up with a lot of mechanics for APB which weren't state of the art at the time, e.g. seamless world-streaming and day-night-cycles. I doubt they didn't understand how half the stuff worked, they probably understood very well how fickle the whole construction was.

On 2/4/2019 at 10:21 AM, Nitronik said:

potentially even reworking the geometry for each clothing asset (given how they're kind of "stitched on" to the human mesh)

The clothing simply extrudes the body to assume the desired shape, as far as I'm aware. They'd probably have to recreate (i.e. import a higher poly version of) every single clothing "item" from the original zBrush file, assuming they still have access to those.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Revoluzzer said:

Is the overpass in Waterfront still using grass/dirt particles and sounds, though?

I will check. 

Thanks for the tip!

You know, seeing as Little Orbit hadn't actually worked on any good games (in my opinion), those games being Kung fu panda and whatnot, I didn't expect much from this team. However, seeing how much work is going into APB and how much of the community's own input is influencing the development, I can finally say that I have a lot of confidence in this company's ability to make this game better.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Kittara said:

You know, seeing as Little Orbit hadn't actually worked on any good games (in my opinion), those games being Kung fu panda and whatnot, I didn't expect much from this team. However, seeing how much work is going into APB and how much of the community's own input is influencing the development, I can finally say that I have a lot of confidence in this company's ability to make this game better.

It doesn't matter about their previous library.

What mattered was Matt Scott's drive to make APB great again.

• Like 1

Why none mentioned phasing system? Is it coming with a new engine?

On 2/1/2019 at 11:45 PM, JenzAmaka said:

Yeh, one of the reasons I'm happily being SPCT. G1's SPCT or whatever tests were a joke.

I am surprised you have the time to be a SPCT and work on your own rendering project at the same time 😲

• Like 1