MattScott

Progress with UE3.5 / Integration

30 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

LOL NICE SCREENSHOT BAIT WE ALL KNOW ITS A FAKE LINK!!!

I could have posted something like 

oil_leaks.jpg

But I decided to have some fun

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

I could have posted something like 

oil_leaks.jpg

But I decided to have some fun

well played...

k where the real screenshots at :v

One of my biggest questions is will the config files be encrypted ?

16 minutes ago, BrandonBranderson said:

[image]

Jk, that's just Vrchat.  I sure as hell hope the EU doesn't look like that.

at least it has proper light pollution 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keshi said:

k where the real screenshots at :v

In a secret folder that's only on local storage and not on my servers 😛 

4 hours ago, Keshi said:

Honestly this is all what we asked...without screenshots but if spct's can post screenshots...that's all most of us wanted.

Now @MattScott i have posted a video 5 months ago with a freecam in the new UE3.5 and you said that what you guys had back then is nothing like what i had. After reading your post i would like to ask again. Was there any difference between the video i had and what you experienced? 

That's even older then the one we are joking about. I cant even call that the same thing since there have been so many changes since then.

Edited by IRyanI

On 2/1/2019 at 4:25 PM, Glubbable said:

So basically the engine upgrade is a bigger clusterfuck than we originally thought. Welp.

My thoughts exactly. It’s sounds like the game had needed to be rebuilt entirely, and that some systems could potentially be missing from the game or different altogether. This is a bit concerning 

1 hour ago, Kevkof said:

I thought we were brothers man. How could u do this to us 😞 

3 hours ago, Kevkof said:

hey its me the pizza guy may i come in : )

On 2/1/2019 at 5:08 PM, MattScott said:

[...]

Update UE3.5 Screenshots

I know some players have asked for a new round of sexy screenshots from the new engine. 

However given where we are, I don't think hyping this effort is the right route to take. We have time for that later.

Instead, I'm going to make an exception to the NDA and allow each SPCT member to post a single bug or feature they found interesting from their experience so far - good, bad or ugly.

Thanks,

Matt

Post some of the bug as a screenshot yo...

32 minutes ago, moneychixx said:

Post some of the bug as a screenshot yo...

If you read it carefully it says that we won't be posting screenshots at this time. We were however allowed to post about a single bug/feature each

Edited by Kevkof

11 hours ago, Keshi said:

why can't i see this 😢 

10 hours ago, moneychixx said:

LOL NICE SCREENSHOT BAIT WE ALL KNOW ITS A FAKE LINK!!!

It works for me. Are you guys sure you typed it correctly?

2 hours ago, Kevkof said:

If you read it carefully it says that we won't be posting screenshots at this time. We were however allowed to post about a single bug/feature each

it doesn't say you aren't allowed... 🙂

1 hour ago, moneychixx said:

it doesn't say you aren't allowed... 🙂

By default, the NDA prevents us from sharing anything without being given expressed permission to do so. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

By default, the NDA prevents us from sharing anything without being given expressed permission to do so. 

Yeah you better not do anything like a good puppy you are! hahaha

Wow i'm happy @MattScott This is generating hype just because you're talking about it. This communication is key, admitting this game was/is fucked up is a great step.

Edited by SalmonToastie

5 hours ago, moneychixx said:

when the puppy can be sued and denied access to the testing environment, I think it's fair for it to behave

I guess acting like professionals is a bad thing now?...

...well, they do say dogs are better than people 🙂

Edited by Nitronik
  • Like 2

I hope you will roll this Engine Update out soon. Would be nice to have a proper optimization.  Something I might suggest is to try to have support for both Intel, and AMD users since currently, the game leans heavy in Intel's favor since it seems that only i5/i7 run the game with little trouble.  Only AMD that currently runs the game at 128 or higher is Ryzen.

Basically, I run AMD and used to get 128 client fps, three or so years ago G1 Rolled a graphics upgrade out that added: Render Eyelashes. After this supposedly great upgrade, the game seemed to stop running on my AMD very well since G1 seemed to favor Intel users heavily dropping me down to between 45-54 client fps in combat, out of combat I reach between 60-75 client fps.

Course none of it would matter if you would make sure the game utilized the GPU more than the CPU then it wouldn't matter.   I run Battlefield One for instance on Ultra settings no issues I get 60 consistent frames, On 1080p I get 144htz  so if APB could better optimize things would get exceedingly better.

Thank you for you're time. -Ryomou

5 hours ago, moneychixx said:

Yes because getting pulled to court for breach of NDA is so worth it getting a screenshot out there a tiny tiny bit earlier than we're allowed to. Just have some patience dude.

24 minutes ago, LoliHax said:

I hope you will roll this Engine Update out soon. Would be nice to have a proper optimization.  Something I might suggest is to try to have support for both Intel, and AMD users since currently, the game leans heavy in Intel's favor since it seems that only i5/i7 run the game with little trouble.  Only AMD that currently runs the game at 128 or higher is Ryzen.

Basically, I run AMD and used to get 128 client fps, three or so years ago G1 Rolled a graphics upgrade out that added: Render Eyelashes. After this supposedly great upgrade, the game seemed to stop running on my AMD very well since G1 seemed to favor Intel users heavily dropping me down to between 45-54 client fps in combat, out of combat I reach between 60-75 client fps.

Course none of it would matter if you would make sure the game utilized the GPU more than the CPU then it wouldn't matter.   I run Battlefield One for instance on Ultra settings no issues I get 60 consistent frames, On 1080p I get 144htz  so if APB could better optimize things would get exceedingly better.

Thank you for you're time. -Ryomou

you can disable rendering eyelashes with the advanced launcher (maybe even ingame)

yes, apbs engine is heavily outdated and unoptimized - but rushing 3.5 would just make things worse. have you read the thread? they are working on it but are experiencing frequent issues and crashes. of course they are doing their best but rushing it won't do any good.

optimizing apb specifically with rather old, low-end systems in mind - while you don't specify your cpu, it certainly has to be a pre-ryzen amd cpu and frankly, they were quite bad - might lead to the same issues we have right now: it not running well on newer architectures and it looking quite bad. i'd also appreciate it though.

BF1 probably doesn't rely on CPU performance as heavy as APB does - as you said - but that is due to it being a totally different kind of game with a totally different engine. you don't havd customization there which is certainly the biggest feature but also performance-issue apb has. (along with particles, that should get improved, lol)

Maybethat'll change with the engine upgrade and it rather utilizes GPUs better. who knows. you can't just flip a switch for that though.

supporting and making use of ryzen would be nice - amd cpus always relied on having more cores over single core performance - and apb only utilizes on core - which the engine upgrade IS supposed to change. so i guess that'd also improve performance for the older, pre-ryzen, amd gens.

a good i3 is enough for apb, even with high fps though, since the vast difference between i3, i5 and i7 are core counts - e.g. the top end i3 8350k is quite on-par with the top end i7 8700k. both are not quite that budget though xd (that being said, the better amd cpus - ryzen that is - are also on the same performance level)

+ no need to sign posts on forums

Edited by neophobia

10 minutes ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

9 minutes ago, neophobia said:

you can disable rendering eyelashes with the advanced launcher (maybe even ingame)

yes, apbs engine is heavily outdated and unoptimized - but rushing 3.5 would just make things worse. have you read the thread? they are working on it but are experiencing frequent issues and crashes. of course they are doing their best but rushing it won't do any good.

optimizing apb specifically with rather old, low-end systems in mind - while you don't specify your cpu, it certainly has to be a pre-ryzen amd cpu and frankly, they were quite bad - might lead to the same issues we have right now: it not running well on newer architectures and it looking quite bad. i'd also appreciate it though.

BF1 probably doesn't rely on CPU performance as heavy as APB does - as you said - but that is due to it being a totally different kind of game with a totally different engine. you don't havd customization there which is certainly the biggest feature but also performance-issue apb has. (along with particles, that should get improved, lol)

Maybethat'll change with the engine upgrade and it rather utilizes GPUs better. who knows. you can't just flip a switch for that though.

AMD Six-core  FX-6200,  16 gigs of ram, GTX 980.  An old system, but still runs practically every current game at 128 frames or higher depending on settings.

P.S. I already turned Render Eyelashes off a long time ago lol, Before they did that upgrade it was the Intel users having these issues.   The script got flipped basically.

Edited by LoliHax

Will the FPS limit be increased to 3.5? All I managed to achieve now is 101 FPS, with a few subsidences.
PC: i7-8086K and 1070Ti