MattScott

Progress with UE3.5 / Integration

13 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Shieet , how am i going to gamble with people now 🤨

You'll at least not be as broke as last time ...

3 minutes ago, Kevkof said:

You'll at least not be as broke as last time ...

yeah , the game will be

9 hours ago, MattScott said:

Most of the code is based on the console version. That's great for engine optimizations, but generally bad for many aspects of gameplay right now. The menus, districts, weapon balance, and other areas are all based on what you can see right now on XB1 and PS4. My team will be pulling across all the PC specific pieces and updates as fast as possible, but there's a fairly big gap at the moment.

This literally just tells us G1 never planned for a PC release.

Lmfao.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, SkittyM said:

As Matt had stated before, Its based on the console version, and since you can't do wheelies on console, I'm 99.9% sure that you can't on the new PC version.  This is subject to change however depending on what LO wants to do.  At least the normal Vegas was given suspension.

Boy do I hope they bring back wheelies.

• Like 3

Hats off to you and your team, for the effort, progress achieved and communication about it.

I miss bullet traces, fog and other visual details that are gone so long time ago.

And some innovation in the HUD wouldn't hurt I think...idk, at least some framing on texts or something like that.

Awesome!

• Like 1

Thanks for the information and not keeping us in the dark.

3 hours ago, Alani said:

This literally just tells us G1 never planned for a PC release.

Lmfao.

Pretty much, probably hoped it would gain a ton of popularity on consoles and they could have a good source of revenue from that alone. Then leave the PC community starved for content since there was nobody playing anymore. Now it's going to end up being the opposite. I can see a lot of people coming back just for 3.5. If it was up to me I'd ditch the console variants completely since the population on there is just going to dwindle into nothing if it hasn't already. Just a waste of resources

• Like 1

I'm just hyped about having better textures. I want my tattoos and cars to stop being so pixelated

• Like 3

Thanks. Informatively.  

will the minimum software requirements for the game change when switching to a new engine ? 

7 Nov 2012   OS:Windows XP

Processor:Intel Core 2 Duo E6420 (2.13GHz) or AMD Athlon x2 5800+ (3.0GHz)

Memory:3 GB RAM

Graphics:GeForce 7800 with 256MB and support for Pixel Shader 3.0, or AMD equivalent

DirectX®:dx90c

Hard Drive:7 GB HD space

Other Requirements:Broadband Internet connection 

Edited by Yood

13 hours ago, Kevkof said:

As most of us are aware, you can spam /cointoss to kick yourself from a server.

As to why you would do such a thing, I'll leave up to your imagination. 

When you do this in the client we're testing, it will crash the entire client. 😉 I'm not sure if I'd per se want that to get fixed, maybe just have it be a graceful shutdown instead of a full crash 

Dope.

I also see you've finally been accepted to the SPCT, congratz 😄

• Thanks 1

Great news - can't wait for this to happen

The ride to get there has been hell of a long

Everyone talking about the graphical and technical changes but no one talking about the negative gameplay and aesthetic changes. 😞

So basically, G1 invested 0 effort into PC engine upgrade. 

Scrubs.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Healt said:

Curious. Have physics changed at all? Apart from 4x4 wheelies.

Vehicles have seemed to get a smidge more bouncy, normal Vegas now has suspension, can't do wheelies in any vehicle.  Otherwise the same as Live PC.  Can't say much about OTW2 however, it's just a port of console, if you played console you know that OTW2 is just a prettier version of that with M/KB.

• Like 1

the console version has really bad lighting... where some parts of buildings were shining even though they were in shadow. also, shadows were casted where they shouldn't be (for example: when you're inside but the sunlight still casts a shadow from your character).

so I wonder, has that been fixed yet?

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Knite said:

One bug I ran into --

uOZU8WT.gif

my eyes are blind, too much savage B)

Does any of SCPTs own some shitty PC? Hopefully something near minimal APB requirements like Intel Dual Core or Quad, some weak GPU like 1GB of VRAM and 4GB of RAM set?

I would ask them to test it in manner of how much performance suffered or improved.

Of course I know there will be fix to optimization but right now I just want to know at what shitty-end PCs stand at.

9 minutes ago, Mitne said:

Does any of SCPTs own some shitty PC? Hopefully something near minimal APB requirements like Intel Dual Core or Quad, some weak GPU like 1GB of VRAM and 4GB of RAM set?

I would ask them to test it in manner of how much performance suffered or improved.

Of course I know there will be fix to optimization but right now I just want to know at what shitty-end PCs stand at.

If you can run Ut3 on an Amd A8  mobile cpu with only 8gb of ram with only a 512mb dedicated card at 72fps at 16x9 on max settings.  you should be fine on minimum 

1 minute ago, IRyanI said:

If you can run Ut3 on an Amd A8  mobile cpu with only 8gb of ram with only a 512mb dedicated card at 72fps at 16x9 on max settings.  you should be fine on minimum 

We talk UE 3.5.

The same console UE 3.5.

Did you saw all this performance breaks on it?

Yikes.

That's why i'm asking somebody from SCPT team to check that.

1 minute ago, Mitne said:

We talk UE 3.5.

The same console UE 3.5.

Did you saw all this performance breaks on it?

Yikes.

That's why i'm asking somebody from SCPT team to check that.

Not all the performance breaks no. I'm only answering your question on machines that are low end based, I was merely using a game which had the same engine version at the time of release. I understand why my answer is a little skeptical since APB is a different beast entirely and, It would be nicer to hear an answer from SPCT.

21 hours ago, MattScott said:

sexy screenshots

ohh myy :O, naked 3.5 screenies :O MOM GET THE CAMERA!!! xD, Good jobs guys :D.