MattScott

Progress with UE3.5 / Integration

When people with extremely competent hardware, still use Advanced Launcher to turn off the aspects of the game that annoy them (and they don't afraid to admit it), I believe that it's not too much different than using other aiding software (to put it nicely).

So, welcome new engine, goodbye Advanced Launcher.

Edited by Saxtus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

43 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

When people with extremely competent hardware, still use Advanced Launcher to turn off the aspects of the game that annoy them (and they don't afraid to admit it), I believe that it's not too much different than using other aiding software (to put it nicely).

What do you think they are turning off?

Cuz it sounds like you don't actually understand how the advanced launcher works, or what it is capable of doing. 

51 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

mattscott has stated that eventually he wants most of the functionality of the advanced launcher to be in the ingame options, so it’s not like much will change 

Wouldn't LO ban the advanced launcher/configs then if they were meant for giving advantages/same tier as auto aim/wall hacks etc? Jw. I don't know if they went into detail about why they decided to let them through. 

That being said, I do have to agree with Cookie, i don't have the best rig but it's not a potato and even then I have to use Advanced Launcher for the game to run with somewhat stable frames. So many people here complain about their rigs being more than capable for the issues they're experiencing. How is that related to them using AL to get rid of "annoying" things and causing advantage? 

Twitch streamers that use Advanced Launcher, even having very good hardware, admitted publicly that they do it to give them an edge against their opponents, like (but not limited to):

- Easier distinguishable enemies with less clutter for the eye to track

- Smooth framerate when near explosions or other difficult for the current engine situations

- Seeing when there is smoke for others

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Twitch streamers that use Advanced Launcher, even having very good hardware, admitted publicly that they do it to give them an edge against their opponents, like (but not limited to):

- Easier distinguishable enemies with less clutter for the eye to track

- Smooth framerate when near explosions or other difficult for the current engine situations

- Seeing when there is smoke for others

That's quite vague, but it seems that you, like so many of the anti-advanced launcher crowd seem to not be able to distinguish what is possible with the advanced launcher vs what is possible through custom configs. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

That's quite vague, but it seems that you, like so many of the anti-advanced launcher crowd seem to not be able to distinguish what is possible with the advanced launcher vs what is possible through custom configs. 

I am just relaying what Advanced Launcher users are admitting publicly when I asked them on their Twitch chat.

My opinion on what Advanced Launcher can do is irrelevant.

So any time soon those NDA's can be lifted a bit, for the testers to share some stuffs with us?

+1 Keshi. Would be nice to have a show on Kemps stream with Matt again or something similar.

• Like 1

fun to see everything is getting worked on and things are going in this direction.

also i hope climbing down stairs wil not be a hassle as they were in this game at this moment.

guys they even cant merge necrova - and how long uv been waitng for the new engine?) i want to see that but - meh 

49 minutes ago, Romique said:

guys they even cant merge necrova

There is another thread that has detailed posts about the reason about that.

It has nothing to do with the new engine upgrade.

Awesome to hear that progress is still coming along.  I have no doubt that the finished product will be worth the wait.

About the advanced launcher thing.. Saxtus isn't wrong. People use it solely for the FPS boost and for having an easier time finding and tracking enemies.

Some players also go that far to remove all environment/ambient noises so they can hear footsteps, which almost cannot be heard by players that have these sounds on.

As small as the advantage of doing this is, it's still an advantage people like to exploit.

I personally wouldn't like it if these clay texture graphics become an actual ingame setting.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, GhosT said:

About the advanced launcher thing.. Saxtus isn't wrong. People use it solely for the FPS boost and for having an easier time finding and tracking enemies.

Some players also go that far to remove all environment/ambient noises so they can hear footsteps, which almost cannot be heard by players that have these sounds on.

As small as the advantage of doing this is, it's still an advantage people like to exploit.

I personally wouldn't like it if these clay texture graphics become an actual ingame setting.

You cannot move world ambient noise using the Advanced Launcher. 

It's like no one with strong opinions on the Advanced Launcher actually knows anything about it. 

• Like 1

I don't think you should connect the first line with the second.

On the second line he just explain what people do, not that they do it using Advanced Launcher.

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

You cannot move world ambient noise using the Advanced Launcher. 

It's like no one with strong opinions on the Advanced Launcher actually knows anything about it. 

Yeah, wasn't precisely talking about the advanced launcher regarding that.

You can do anything the advanced launcher does by opening a couple files and editing them by yourself, the launcher just helps you, and you can do a lot more than what the launcher offers you, some things could be called cheating like removing animations so people don't crouch and can be seen behind cover, they stick out of corners, explosions not rendering, getting rid of environment sounds, etc.

Edited by GhosT
more things

Just now, GhosT said:

Yeah, wasn't precisely talking about the advanced launcher regarding that.

You can do anything the advanced launcher does by opening a couple files and editing them by yourself, the launcher just helps you.

And its ok'd for use because it also limits you from doing things that LO doesn't approve, like ambient sound removal, muzzle flash removal, etc etc

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

And its ok'd for use because it also limits you from doing things that LO doesn't approve, like ambient sound removal, muzzle flash removal, etc etc

As far as I know the last statement we had only forbid muzzle flash removal, and everything else was ok to be abused.

Sure, the advanced launcher "limits" you from doing certain things, but there's barely any file check in the game and people can do what they want by manually editing and deleting things.

Edited by GhosT

6 minutes ago, GhosT said:

As far as I know the last statement we had only forbid muzzle flash removal, and everything else was ok to be abused.

Sure, the advanced launcher "limits" you from doing certain things, but there's barely any file check in the game and people can do what they want by manually editing and deleting things.

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the advanced launcher itself.

Maybe we'll get lucky with 3.5 and stuff will be encrypted.

10 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Yeah, but that has nothing to do with the advanced launcher itself.

Yeah, again, I was pretty much confirming what saxtus said about the advanced launcher, and then mentioned other common things people do to get advantages.

Someone that knows his way around game files doesn't even need the launcher, and considering there's no file check, people can just do whatever they want.

And that's bad.

Edited by GhosT

1 minute ago, GhosT said:

Yeah, again, I was pretty much confirming what saxtus said about the advanced launcher, and then mentioned other common things people do to get advantages.

Someone that knows his way around game files doesn't even need the launcher, and considering there's no file check, people can just do whatever they want.

And that's bad.

Yes, people breaking the rules is bad.

People using the advanced launcher is not.

Im not really sure why its even up for debate. This was decided months ago.

31 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Let's hope for that.