Sign in to follow this  
Mitne

(Outdated) ARMAs: Add "weapon subscription".

Idea is old and inactual as there been price readjustments and other changes which made it obsolete. ~ Mitne, 2020

Hey. Mitne with another "revolutionary" idea (as with my all ideas, probably second human already benefit from it).

What if we add "weapon subscription" option to ARMAs?

TL:DR at the bottom

What is weapon subscription? -

Weapon subscription is my name for option in which you subscribe for weapon for some time and at the moment of paying off price of gun with subscription you receive permanent version of it.

What is purpose of it? -

There several purposes of such feature:

Players might consider getting subscription to try out weapon since it will be something like temporary 3-days or 30-days lease but you gain chance to get it permantely if you pay rest of price. It sure adds to attraciveness to current non-subscribing timed leases (my whole new suggestion is to replace 30 day leases with that option).

What would it cover? -

Can cover both character or account-wide options. My suggestion would be character-wide options as there is option to expand to account. Economically it sounds right for developer (additional pay along way).

How would it work? -

It's pretty simple. Let's take Joker CR-5 as example of how it would work.

Current price of character-bound Joker CR-5 on ARMAs is 2,999 G1C (2399 G1C with premium)

Depends on what type of time stretch you want to give it, usual options in my opinion would be 6 months, one year and two years. Fee would be monthly in my case. I think one year option is the most sound one so I will give example on it.

For normal account without premium it would be 2,999 G1C / 12 ~ 250 G1C, for premium account it would be 2,399 G1C / 12 ~ 200 G1C. In both cases you might notice player would lose basically 1 G1C with that option, last subscription fee can be lowered by 1 G1C to correct that of course.

Subscription can be cancelled or renewed at any time. Lease tied with subscription runs out the moment G1C balance on account is not meeting subscription monthly fee in moment of it running out. Subscription CAN be renewed either indefintely or with some sane time limit (1-2 months for example) after failing to pay monthly fee.

In my opinion 30 days lease should be removed to make option for that as it would make subscription "better option".

If you though decide to keep 30 day lease (I don't know why), I would decide to make price of it be the same with monthly fee or lesser. I discourage also against making subscription overall price bigger than character-bound weapon on it's own as people would either save up money or resign from trying.

So what can I gain from it? -

As customer - different option to pay for permanent weapons which bases on "leasing" type of loan. You own something as long as you pay your loan.

As developer - possible bigger income from ARMAs

TL:DR:

Replace or add option similiar to timed leases (in that case monthly lease) which would at the time of paying up price of character-bound weapon give permanent version of that weapon.

So... what are you opinions?

Would you fix something or that?

Would you approve or disapprove of it?

Please, comment in the section.

Edited by Mitne
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would be cool to see "Try Now" back into the ARMAS as well as this option, because, why not? I would approve if they will add something like that.

Sounds good. But:

On 2/1/2019 at 12:02 PM, Mitne said:

I discourage also against making subscription overall price bigger than character-bound weapon on it's own as people would either save up money or resign from trying.

I guess that's not too reasonable, might give it a slight overall increase like 10% to still have an incentive to buy it directly...

• Like 1