Sign in to follow this  
Nitronik

Add 1 more point of health damage to the STAR 556

Adding a single point of health damage (175 -> 176) to the STAR 556 would allow players to equip Heavy Barrel 1 without increasing the weapon's TTK.

It'd be nice to see the STAR get more mod options that don't completely ruin it, and IMO would help set it further apart from the FAR rifle

Edited by Nitronik
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, Nitronik said:

Adding a single point of health damage (175 -> 176) to the STAR 556 would allow players to equip Heavy Barrel 1 without increasing the weapon's TTK.

It'd be nice to see the STAR get more mod options that don't completely ruin it, and IMO would help set it further apart from the FAR rifle

COuld works but you know what, i still hope we can have back the LCR one, i mean, the most legendary weapon back in old and good days, can't really leave it out from this game, just because too other peoples have it alredy.

38 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

COuld works but you know what, i still hope we can have back the LCR one, i mean, the most legendary weapon back in old and good days, can't really leave it out from this game, just because too other peoples have it alredy.

I think you got the wrong thread 😛

This isn't a bad suggestion, the ntec doesn't suffer from HB1while the far does. Allowing star to have HB1 wouldn't be broken and would still be balanced imo.

I'd rather see heavy barrel have its functionality re-evaluated at some point over tweaking every other gun to work with it. In this case it is relatively harmless, in other cases not so much. It is considered borderline unusable in virtually every situation save for a few edge cases. 

That's not a good state for a staple item of the base game to be in. Everyone has access to it, and almost none bother going near it. Suppose I'd have to mention that I believe the issue lies both with the current state of modifications and weapon balance. They are both playing a part in my opinion. 

On 3/4/2019 at 9:32 PM, Genobee said:

I'd rather see heavy barrel have its functionality re-evaluated at some point over tweaking every other gun to work with it. In this case it is relatively harmless, in other cases not so much. It is considered borderline unusable in virtually every situation save for a few edge cases. 

That's not a good state for a staple item of the base game to be in. Everyone has access to it, and almost none bother going near it. Suppose I'd have to mention that I believe the issue lies both with the current state of modifications and weapon balance. They are both playing a part in my opinion. 

I'd probably say its not used because it decreases damage, and that causes more hits to kill. Increasing ttk (we all know that feels horrible) is also why the IR3 rework didn't work, because the ttk's became too high to be effective. Even though it is one bullet, it matters a LOT in combat.

18 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

I'd probably say its not used because it decreases damage, and that causes more hits to kill. Increasing ttk (we all know that feels horrible) is also why the IR3 rework didn't work, because the ttk's became too high to be effective. Even though it is one bullet, it matters a LOT in combat.

Totally lost me right there. A short TTK feels all wrong on APB. Apex Legends has a TTK that on average winds up being longer and I have to say feels far more satisfying. Not to mention it has broken missions, maps, and everything really. At no point do I believe that change was good. I always felt the "horrible" setup was vastly superior in more ways. 

Anyways, that's kinda my point. Heavy barrel won't see any form of adoption until there's a change in functionality. Leaving it as-is will leave it relegated to borderline non-existence. That's a really awful spot for a staple mod like heavy barrel to be stuck in. 

On 3/6/2019 at 4:58 PM, Genobee said:

Leaving it as-is will leave it relegated to borderline non-existence. That's a really awful spot for a staple mod like heavy barrel to be stuck in. 

Oh i agree, its in a bad spot and needs reworked. But what i meant about TTK was that due to the low ttk in apb, increasing it via hb even for an upside doesn't do anything, because it's upside doesn't make it on par to other red mods. As well as increasing apb's ttk feels horrible when .7 ttk is about on par, making it .78+ is difficult to justify for more close -mid range weapons.

I enjoy Apex as well, and it's ttk is high (sometimes annoyingly so though imo due to it taking almost 2 mags to take someone out at times depending on weapon) I'm fine with a higher ttk on APB, but the mod's problem is that it does so but not every gun across the board gets a ttk increase.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

On 3/6/2019 at 4:34 AM, Noob_Guardian said:

I don't think high TTK is inherently a bad thing - but when you weapon's TTK is way higher than everyone else's then yeah, I can understand the issue

On 3/6/2019 at 10:58 PM, Genobee said:

Totally lost me right there. A short TTK feels all wrong on APB. Apex Legends has a TTK that on average winds up being longer and I have to say feels far more satisfying. Not to mention it has broken missions, maps, and everything really. At no point do I believe that change was good. I always felt the "horrible" setup was vastly superior in more ways. 

Anyways, that's kinda my point. Heavy barrel won't see any form of adoption until there's a change in functionality. Leaving it as-is will leave it relegated to borderline non-existence. That's a really awful spot for a staple mod like heavy barrel to be stuck in. 

The issue with APB Reloaded's TTK is that they didn't really bother balancing player speed and maps around it - you can easily see me parrot about how most maps could use a lot more cover in general

Heavy Barrel is really niche due to it destroying most weapons' TTK for no real advantage, and in the case of shotguns it doesn't even do anything at all! see :

That said, higher overall accuracy -> more consistent hit -> makes the TTK lower on average, which I guess is why they decided to wreck weapon damage with HB