illgot

The Dog-ear is a better Anti-Vehicle weapon than the DMR-AV

7 hours ago, Mitne said:

Oh no no. I'm fully against that.

In my opinion it's DMR which needs serious rework, not ISSR-B.

it could definitely use a drop in hard damage but that is it.

The DMR needs a buff.  I love the weapons and own them all but they are useless unless your enemy is stupid and allows you to camp in that perfect 20 meter window.

1 hour ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Both weapons could do away with the crazy hard damage. It's a huge disadvantage towards players under R195 who don't have blowtorch. They're also stupid OP against most mission vehicles due to them having really low HP. Than again, blowtorch shouldn't be able to repair on the spot, with no delay, faster than an ALIG can damage.

that's an easy fix, drop all mods to rank 85 (highest before the rank 195 mods were introduced).  Allow the newer players to buy the mods off the auction house, that drives the economy a bit.

Iower the mod requirement also balances the game because not only is blow torch extremely useful, so is Radar, marking players, remote detonator, basically all the rank 195 mods have a use except the flag...

Edited by illgot

9 hours ago, illgot said:

dropping the DMR to 60 meters instead of 80 would probably fix all the DMRs.

Right now there is no reason to use the DMR when you have the scouts available (or the Dog-ear).

Use the DMR-AV PR1 because it is fun to use! While the numbers may not show it, I think the DMR is better at blowing up cars. The ISSR-B will bloom too much if you shoot it too quickly. Also at 90m+ the DMR is going to beat your dog ear. The DMR can be superior if used the way it should be used. 

I never bought into the whole "no reason to use this gun because this gun is better" mentality. If that is case, equip an ntec and concs full time because would be the optimal load out. 

36 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

The DMR can be superior if used the way it should be used. 

Amen.... A-freaking-men.

Dog Ear is fine to be honest. It takes like 2 mags to kill a modded pioneer/espacio, which is more than enough for it to get away. Dog Ear only really shines in vehicle missions. If you like Dog Ear for killing people, try the oblivion. That thing has a 4 shot range of like 90m or something.

And where is the love for the Artemis?  Talk about a gun on the short end of the stick in ALL categories. 

As far as the Dog Ear and DMR AV are both  fine.  The silenced DMR needs slight hard dmg increase imo. 

Dog Ear isn't that good though, sure it can make most cars smoke after 12 rounds but many other weapons can do the same. Try the dog ear and blowing up cars on long range becomes a hassle due to the bloom. 

Can someone confirm that the 'Dog Ear' is the same as the 'Wisp'

2 minutes ago, owzzy said:

Can someone confirm that the 'Dog Ear' is the same as the 'Wisp'

It is.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

It is.

Cool, that's been bothering me for years.

4 minutes ago, owzzy said:

Cool, that's been bothering me for years.

Yeah, both are the N-ISSR-B. 

Vehicle damage is a little too much, especially for a silenced gun. All the silenced guns in APB do weaker damage to vehicles than their non-silenced counterparts, and I don't really understand why the ISSR-b would have such extreme vehicle damage.

And that's the only issue with it. Please don't touch its stats.

16 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

im pretty sure removing the crazy hard damage can go without any issues

Dog-Ear I find to be a great example of the just weird G1 balancing. Like what was the reasoning behind giving it such high hard damage? Nothing about the gun suggests it should have it.

8 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Both weapons could do away with the crazy hard damage. It's a huge disadvantage towards players under R195 who don't have blowtorch. They're also stupid OP against most mission vehicles due to them having really low HP. Than again, blowtorch shouldn't be able to repair on the spot, with no delay, faster than an ALIG can damage. 

DMR already suffers from a pretty niche role (88m is actually quite difficult to effectively achieve in APB), removing the hard damage would really hamper it.

Edited by Lord Cashpoint

7 hours ago, Revoluzzer said:

Was expecting exploding ambulances. What a let down.

nice to see your crazy patootie again.

On 2/1/2019 at 10:37 PM, illgot said:

nice to see your crazy patootie again.

No, he's right, this has to be done.

On 2/1/2019 at 12:17 PM, -Rachel- said:

Back in the day I thought the ISSR weapons had a really short range, and then the sniper silencer killed it even more, making its effective range around 50m. Am I remembering wrong, or did they actually change that god-awful design? Cause the gun seems pretty good in its current state.

That said, I'm seeing 3 different numbers here for hard damage.

ARMAS says hard damage is 108

APBDB says hard damage is 72.9

OP says hard damage is 170

Which.. is it...?

Dog Ear (issr b)

https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_SniperRifle_ISSR-Dogear_Slot2_Armas

Artemis (issr a)

https://db.apbvault.net/items/Weapon_AssaultRifle_ISSR-FoldedStock_PR3_Armas

5 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

That is not actually an answer sir.

Values on APBvault 's DB are taken directly from the game , so the ones you see there are accurate .

Also armas has many things that aren't updated iirc

Edited by Ketog

Just now, Ketog said:

Values on APBvault 's DB are taken directly from the game , so the ones you see there are accurate .

Also armas has many things that aren't updated iirc

Sure, but can you explain why OP is giving a completely different value?

3 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

Sure, but can you explain why OP is giving a completely different value?

he just read the "stamina damage" instead of hard damage , he based his opinion solely on stats , still the ISSR's are very strong against vehicles .

unknown.png

@illgot

Edited by Ketog
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Ketog said:

he just read the "stamina damage" instead of hard damage , he based his opinion solely on stats , still the ISSR's are very strong against vehicles .

unknown.png

@illgot

Thankies.

@-Rachel- funny that you're the only one that noticed that op's using completely wrong values still .

But even with that the issr does more hard damage than DMR AV in the same ammount of time .

8 hours ago, Ketog said:

unknown.png

@illgot

lol, that's pretty embarrassing.

56 minutes ago, illgot said:

lol, that's pretty embarrassing.

other than the wrong per-shot hard damage number you are still correct about the issrb vs dmr av tho