illgot

The Dog-ear is a better Anti-Vehicle weapon than the DMR-AV

The Dog-ear does 170 72.9 hard damage/shot @ 1 shot per 0.3 seconds.  

The DMR-AV, a weapon supposedly specialized for anti-vehicle, does 180 hard damage/shot @ 1 shot per 0.8 seconds.

That would be fine if the DMR-AV were more mobile but it's not, the Dog-ear is a much more mobile weapon.

The only up side to the DMR-AV is if you get above 80 meters, the DMR does more damage but I'm not sure that 20 meter difference can make up for the lack of mobility and nearly 1/3rd similar damage in the 1-80 meter range.

edit: used stamina as pointed out by @-Rachel-

Edited by illgot
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Correct, the trade off for doing less hard damage is having a faster ttk at range.

(Dog Ear becomes 5stk at like what, 85/87m?)

Edited by CookiePuss

7 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Correct, the trade off for doing less hard damage is having a faster ttk at range.

(Dog Ear becomes 5stk at like what, 85/87m?)

that's a very small margin considering you can at least mod the Dog-ear. 

21 minutes ago, illgot said:

that's a very small margin considering you can at least mod the Dog-ear. 

Not with red mods tho.

Also remember that at range you have to pause after the second Dog Ear shot at max RoF to allow for bloom recovery. (lets say .1 seconds maybe?)

DMR-AV becomes a 2shot at 88m.

Dog Ear becomes a 5 shot at that distance (technically by 85m) giving you a .6 second ttk advantage for the DMR-AV. (bloom recovery again)

Then remember that the Dog Ear becomes a  7stk at 93m, and thats a 1.8 second ttk (not accounting for bloom recovery) giving the DMR-AV a 1 second advantage, and that's where the balance lies.

(I think that math works out, but I'll be honest Ive been up for way too many hours at this point.)

So yes, the ISSR-B is better at AV, but the DMR-AV kills faster starting at 88m and only widens that gap as range increases.

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Thanks 1

i thought everyone knew by now that the issr-b does pretty much everything 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

i thought everyone knew by now that the issr-b does pretty much everything 

Swear to God if a "Nerf dog ear" campaign starts... I'm done. 

• Like 1

Just now, CookiePuss said:

im pretty sure removing the crazy hard damage can go without any issues

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

You are dead to me.

dropping the DMR to 60 meters instead of 80 would probably fix all the DMRs.

Right now there is no reason to use the DMR when you have the scouts available (or the Dog-ear).

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, illgot said:

Right now there is no reason to use the DMR when you have the scouts available (or the Dog-ear).

There's a pretty good reason to use the DMR: 2 shot kills. Get 90m away and go crazy.

25 minutes ago, illgot said:

uh yeah the issr-b is already pushing it in long range ttk arena, i dont think we need the dmr having 30m of .8s ttk - perhaps 77m (85m 2stk) or maybe even 72m (80m 2stk) but 60m (68m 2stk) is too much imo

36 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You are dead to me.

bb no

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

Pretty much , it's a great weapon , but it being able to shred both people and vehicles at range and with a fast firerate while still having mobility seems a bit much .

lowering its hard damage is all it needs , nothing else .

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 2

Back in the day I thought the ISSR weapons had a really short range, and then the sniper silencer killed it even more, making its effective range around 50m. Am I remembering wrong, or did they actually change that god-awful design? Cause the gun seems pretty good in its current state.

That said, I'm seeing 3 different numbers here for hard damage.

ARMAS says hard damage is 108

APBDB says hard damage is 72.9

OP says hard damage is 170

Which.. is it...?

Edited by -Rachel-
  • Thanks 1

Well while weaker with "punch toward cars" ISSR-B got 3 main factors which make it way better option than DMR ever was:

1. You can peak with it out of car window - Perfect when chasing cars. If I remember correctly DMR-AV don't have this ability (anymore).

2. Shooting with ISSR-B is way faster, meaning you have more time to destroy cars - and one mag is more than enough to make any car but toughest ones to fire up.

3. It's also big enough threat for players themselves, where DMR-AV isn't.

Is that great though?... Dunno. Depends on user. I for example didn't liked it as option from sniper rifles category.  Used it some time and prefered other sniper rifles.

Should it be nerfed? Yes. Or more like DMR should be more like ISSR-B.

Edited by Mitne

You forgot the most important part though. DMR-AV sounds way better.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ketog said:

Pretty much , it's a great weapon , but it being able to shred both people and vehicles at range and with a fast firerate while still having mobility seems a bit much .

lowering its hard damage is all it needs , nothing else .

It can also be fired out of car windows iirc

55 minutes ago, -Rachel- said:

Back in the day I thought the ISSR weapons had a really short range, and then the sniper silencer killed it even more, making its effective range around 50m. Am I remembering wrong, or did they actually change that god-awful design? Cause the gun seems pretty good in its current state.

That said, I'm seeing 3 different numbers here for hard damage.

ARMAS says hard damage is 108

APBDB says hard damage is 72.9

OP says hard damage is 170

Which.. is it...?

The gun was heavily reworked, I forgot which patch it was but it went from a crappy 3 shot, 50m drop off weapon to the current 4 shot, 90m (minus m7 from silencer) beast

Edited by Nitronik

30 minutes ago, Weeb TheEpicGuyV2 said:

I wouldn't worry too much. It's probably gonna get a nerf in that department soon anyway

Oh no no. I'm fully against that.

In my opinion it's DMR which needs serious rework, not ISSR-B.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You forgot the most important part though. DMR-AV sounds way better.

I think the ISSR-B is the coolest sounding silenced weapon in the game personally.

Imo, issr-b is well balanced comparing to current meta, but it needs slight nerf to vehicle damage

We all know that the wepon balance update thing need to be finished, we received only 5% or abit more only of few guns in-game.

Probably they are going to change some others too but i think is correct to apply some sort of nerf into vehicle damage for that issr.

8 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

Both weapons could do away with the crazy hard damage. It's a huge disadvantage towards players under R195 who don't have blowtorch. They're also stupid OP against most mission vehicles due to them having really low HP. Than again, blowtorch shouldn't be able to repair on the spot, with no delay, faster than an ALIG can damage.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin

Had some great fun with the DMR AV when it was new. We'd use multiple DMR AVs in the team and blew up enemy cars before they could even react. lol moments 🙂

Getting back to the subject though, the upside to the DMR is so seldom something you're able to take advantage of that it just isn't good enough. You'd need to switch to it, use it for a tiny part of the mission and then switch back again. Not worth it most of the time.

Would love to see some love for the DMR.

Edited by SilverCrow
  • Thanks 1

2 guns. 

1 is good, the other not so good. 

APB community: "Make the good gun worse!"