CanadianInfidel

Is this bannable?

What type of punishment fits the crime?  

41 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. What Would You Do, If You Were in Control?

• Permanent Ban
    • 7 Day Ban
    • 3 Day Ban
    • Not Ban worthy
    • Send him some edgy themes and free premium codes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/02/19 at 07:05 AM

Is this form of griefing a mission a bannable offense? I just witnessed this on a random stream, i don't know any of the players involved, but i have had this happen to me before and i'm curious what the community thinks about this situation?

[video snipped - Delator]

Warn these type of players, no bans can be applied to that if happen for the first time at their characters.

afking? i would assume you could /report for it but it seems pretty hard to prove, and its not like any action will be taken before the mission itself is over

Just now, BXNNXD said:

afking? i would assume you could /report for it but it seems pretty hard to prove, and its not like any action will be taken before the mission itself is over

Someone on the opposition team is pretty much hanging out with the opposite team instead of actually playing the mission. 

• Like 1

Considering the clan, I wouldn't mind it being a perma ban. /shrug

• Like 1

Ok so 1 person of a 2 person team is just lingering out in front of their opponents deliberately in a way in attempt to get themselves kills is potentially game throwing.

The Team Kill at the end seems to be a deliberate act which can't be coincidental.

It's a act which can cause their team mate to dethreat, wasting everyone's time, and it's an exploit which can lead to this individual later having an unfair advantage against lower threat players.

Game throwing like that to dethreat would be a ban although i'm not sure for how long.

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, CanadianInfidel said:

Is this form of griefing a mission a bannable offense? I just witnessed this on a random stream, i don't know any of the players involved, but i have had this happen to me before and i'm curious what the community thinks about this situation?

[video snipped - Delator]

so, not wanting to fight a possable botter is in your opinion a bannable offence, i'd do the same if i know i cant in hell beat my oppent, i mean , why try when you know your gonna just feed the botter , isnt the farmer then (the one that is getting all the kills) now bannable as he is greefing the mission by being too good?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Delator said:

I've removed the video link.

Looking forward to clean discussion!

don't meant to talk about moderator decisions but , shouldn't you put a transcript about the video, as now if someone comes into the post they will be confused at what the op was saying completly

12 minutes ago, Delator said:

Looking forward to a clean discussion!

we're all about being clean in this community

12 minutes ago, Delator said:

About what?

What was the video of?

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

so, not wanting to fight a possable botter is in your opinion a bannable offence, i'd do the same if i know i cant in hell beat my oppent, i mean , why try when you know your gonna just feed the botter , isnt the farmer then (the one that is getting all the kills) now bannable as he is greefing the mission by being too good?

Not sure if you saw something that I did but on that point, one can't blame a person for wanting to not continue on with a game with a cheater but I think it's down to the team's overall digression if they're going to refuse continuation.

If a person stopping trying despite a cheat obviously in play, if the second team member does wish to continue then there is nothing to say that he can't make that report.

Just because a game of football/soccer is resulting in your team losing 0 - 3, doesn't mean it's ok for you to just give up on your team. It's rather unsporting. 

If the team is in agreement to just stop in protest then that's completely fine!

14 minutes ago, Delator said:

11 minutes ago, ShaiShai said:

don't meant to talk about moderator decisions but , shouldn't you put a transcript about the video, as now if someone comes into the post they will be confused at what the op was saying completly

I'm sorry @Delator to say that this discussion may unfortunately become a metaphorical blind leading the blind without any visual reference to give context.

It may be just as much up for debate what we saw, as much as what punishment hypothetically should be.

The discussion of what punishment would the community would give can't really be done without knowing to what happened, judgement of what rules were broken and what punishment would be fitting can't be formed without context!

Edited by VickyFox

3 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

as he is greefing the mission by being too good

never change apb community, never change

6 hours ago, ShaiShai said:

From reading I'm assuming hes reporting a griefer/dethreater.

4 hours ago, finaljustice said:

This is pathetic, not bannable.

Well it should be (temporary) bannable in my opinion. So people would get community is not okay with that. Only repeated offenders in that case should get perm (and I think safe margin would be about 5 temporary bans for that). Week without game make him reconsider that he might be gone forever if he continue to be a banana.

No matter how you look at it, you get "nobody" or "additional enemy" in team while opposition got advantage in people (at that moment I would gladly exchange them for even lowest of bronzes x4 if they are gold - bronzies at least make for good distraction to opposition). That's hardly fair, especially when you meet such smart on the same district non-stop (and them being repeated offenders in that case).

And as we know, due to population problems such thing is hard to avoid as district even at peak in Citadel sometimes are about 1 and 1/2 filled at best.

from what i can read and not seeing the vid i can say this goes about an afk player who starts a mission and afk's imidiatly.

my opinion is that that person diserves a ban system where he can't do any missions anymore for a period of time. this said if he get a lot of afk reports and if the system can see that he has been afking for several missions .... than i would say give him a ban of an hour to start with. if it stays active ... make it 2 hours and so on. stil i would not say that they need  to be banned from the game at all. its just to filter out those players who don't do anything in a team and just stand at the same spot for more than 5 min. 

what i also would suggest if this is possible. remove the leadership of a player to another player if the leader is standing afk the whole time. so that other people can get allong withthere mission. maybe a system of good behaviour is here in place.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Delator said:

Removing the video and then saying you look for a clean discussion, sounds at least very weird to me. What should be discussed without seeing the video? Should we discuss about "something which happened but cant be shown", if a discussion makes any sense?

Edited by Ramihyn

Every other match I have players who refuse to play the mission. I would gather as much of their hardware info as possible to make sure they can't return after deleting their account. Not banned, deleted. Make it impossible for them to get their crap back.

I'm not being sarcastic. I want them gone, more so than cheaters. At least the cheaters want to play.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, MrsHappyPenguin said:

Every other match I have players who refuse to play the mission. I would gather as much of their hardware info as possible to make sure they can't return after deleting their account. Not banned, deleted. Make it impossible for them to get their crap back.

I'm not being sarcastic. I want them gone, more so than cheaters. At least the cheaters want to play.

I completely understand where you are coming from. As they know they are screwing you over in order for them to gain. I posted about it in another post. I wouldn't go for a permanent ban on this one though. Unless they are ignoring warnings etc...

I also dont think any 1 to 7 day ban will work either. I think they will take that chance.

Didn't see the video but read the synopsis - basically they afk in a 2v2 and seal the deal with a TK at the end.

To take some artistic licence - if the described behaviour was /reported and I was a GM and was given the video evidence. I'd send them a warning and record it on their profile and hope the other GMs follow suit, when enough warnings are given out - 3 Day Ban. If it somehow keeps going - 7 Day Ban. If it still somehow keeps going (what is wrong with this player?) - 30 Day Ban and then if they're really really dead set on doing it again - Perma Ban. 

So really this instance of behaviour isn't ban worthy - life happens and sometimes you gotta afk sometimes you're drunk or just want to fool around or  you just hate 2v2 or maybe something that happened off camera inspired you to be a banana. But if it is a repeated action that just shows that that player is intent on ruining the enjoyment of other players aka harassment which is ban worthy after the player has been given enough chances. 

Edited by KnifuWaifu

On 2/1/2019 at 11:08 AM, Delator said:

👍

So i came into this after the video was removed...

If this is about someone afking? or dethreating? I think that should only be like a 1 day ban.

• Anyone who says it should be met with a permanent ban is absolutely crazy lol.
  • I don't think it should be a 7-day ban just because it's a bit too extreme for a small offense..
    • You can debate that dethreating/afking is the most damaging thing in this game but they're honestly such small offenses that could be fixed if the kick system was reworked, and afking is just something that kinda happens and sometimes people can't control.
  • I don't think it should be a 3-day ban either just because I don't think it's a big enough offense to earn that either. Maybe repeated offenses of this category could raise it but at the very most there should be a 7-day ban.
  • And I don't think it's not ban-worthy just because it does ruin the fairness of the game for others.

I must say though, who's idea was it to remove the video? How are we supposed to have a discussion about it if we don't know what's going on lol. Maybe a transcript or quick summarization of the video would've been nice? just saying ;o

A very douchy move imo , you should not be banned for it , but you should get a mail saying you've been warned , if you're caught again agter two weeks you get a 3day ban , then 2 weeks after 7 etc.. and being clean for 2 weeks would lower the counter by 1 , if anyone gets what i am trying to say