Sign in to follow this  
Glubbable

Option to disable game logging

If you've been playing APB for a long time like me, you'll tend to notice that APB can eat up a sizable amount of your harddrive space with massive log files. These files, that you can find them under "APB Reloaded/APBGame/Logs", can get as large as 300MB depending on how long you play APB for within a single session.

I have recently tried to find anything on how to disable this logging functionality, searching the forums and google have turned up nothing. Ontop of that I have tried a few settings in the configs that hinted to logging, but it resulted in nothing. With that being said I am unsure on where to place this kind of topic, so I am putting it in as a suggestion for a launcher / ingame option.

My main motivation for asking for this option (or to be pointed to which config to change) is that I have a strong suspicion that a lot of my stutter lag occasional comes from the game trying to write to this log file as it gets larger and larger.

Edited by Glubbable
  • Like 1

i know this is an older post, but this is still an issue today. the game in running in production with DEBUG level logging enabled.

@MattScott, is there some way to have a developer look into this? it is incredibly verbose.