Oknehud

how to remove the fps lock

Is there any way to remove the FPS from being locked in 100?

I'm using a 1080 and a i7 6700k

VSync and smooth frame rate are disabled but stays at 100 fps fixed
I have a 140hz monitor so I would like to use it at 100%

1 minute ago, Sunsuhan said:

Then you should be getting over 100fps.

Are you sure your refresh rate in windows is set to 144?

53 minutes ago, LaQuandra said:

Then you should be getting over 100fps.

Are you sure your refresh rate in windows is set to 144?

ye, other games show up around 200fps

i m locked at 61 fps most of the time ... and i don't find any problem with it

well after of playing on a 144hz monitor you probably feel the difference 

I've always had the fps locked @ 60 fps too, even though I have a 144 Hz screen ; how do you even manage to reach 100 on APB ? I was not aware it was possible to go over 61 fps actually ><

2 minutes ago, Hyoe said:

I've always had the fps locked @ 60 fps too, even though I have a 144 Hz screen ; how do you even manage to reach 100 on APB ? I was not aware it was possible to go over 61 fps actually ><

You have vsync and/or smooth framerate turned on. Just disable both.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Hyoe said:

You should be able to get up to whatever your refresh rate is.  

Make sure the vsync is disabled as well as smooth frame rate being disabled. Whatever your refresh rate is in windows should be your max frame rate in APB assuming you have the CPU power to pump out those frames. CHeck windows and make sure you're not on 60hz still...I am guessing you are if you're getting those frames.

I have a 165hz monitor and I don't reach 165 fps but I am between 140-90fps depending on how overloaded a particular cluster is, etc. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Is it possible your rig just can't push past 100?

even if he did the cap should have been at 144

1 hour ago, Sunsuhan said:

your monitor is plugged by HDMI or DisplayPort ?

Edited by Ketog

Just as a double check, it can't hurt to do.

Make sure that the display is set to the correct mode/refresh rate, it should look similar to this in the nvidia control panel

2019-01-31_21-18-16.png

game isn't really well optimized for new hardware, iirc.

As in, it can't make use of the new technology in both new graphics cards and CPUs.

Which is something that might change if that engine upgrade ever happens.

1 hour ago, Bellenettiel said:

As in, it can't make use of the new technology in both new graphics cards and CPUs.

my i7 5820k @4.8ghz & 1080Ti would beg to differ as i operate at 5760x1080 nvidia surround resolution @ 120hz and under no circumstances do i drop below 120 fps.

1 minute ago, Sakurachan said:

my i7 5820k @4.8ghz & 1080Ti would beg to differ as i operate at 5760x1080 nvidia surround resolution @ 120hz and under no circumstances do i drop below 120 fps.

i'd assume thats mostly because ur cpu speed is off the charts as far as games as old as apb are concerned

which is why my argument is stating that apb can utilize newer faster hardware. even my laptop with an i7 8750H @ 4ghz & gtx 1070 can maintain 120 fps without breaking a sweat.

5 hours ago, Sunsuhan said:

Number of things involved here. Mostly existing configs, so check those. Oh, and your resolution and refresh rates are related to the type of connection you're using. HDMI can push through so many frames at a given resolution, but DP is way better. Higher bandwidth. (Might not be your case, just saying it)

I'm pretty sure the game caps at 140 fps or so, and at that point the high fps starts to mess with the engine, so you're probably good. 

Edited by _chain

4 hours ago, Ketog said:

even if he did the cap should have been at 144

your monitor is plugged by HDMI or DisplayPort ?

make the difference anyway.. and yes my monitor is on HDMI

3 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Just as a double check, it can't hurt to do.

Make sure that the display is set to the correct mode/refresh rate, it should look similar to this in the nvidia control panel

2019-01-31_21-18-16.png

refresh rate is on 144hz, as i said there are other games running 200fps+ no problems

4 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Is it possible your rig just can't push past 100?

ya

2 hours ago, Sunsuhan said:

refresh rate is on 144hz, as i said there are other games running 200fps+ no problems

Depending on how it's coded, a game can surpass the frame limit of the monitor. In APB that's not the case. 

Is the monitor being duplicated to any other outputs? If it's being duplicated to a 60fps capture card for example that would explain it.

5 hours ago, Sunsuhan said:

make the difference anyway.. and yes my monitor is on HDMI

ya

here's where your problem might be , HDMI doesn't support framerates higher than 60 FPS (depending on the HDMI revision you have)  , and there is a chance you've been playing at 60 FPS on your 144hz monitor for your whole life , you see only displayport supports higher framerates natively .

Almost every game is coded in a way that it can go higher than your system's / screen  framrate limit , but apb isn't made this way , it goes to the limit that your screen supports ,and if you're locked at 101 fps that means apb thinks you have a 60HZ screen .

Try plugging your screen using a DisplayPort cable as that natively supports high framerates (also if that is the problem you will really see a huge difference on other games too)

Oh yeah ,another question , can we get the reference of the screen you're using + it's resolution ?

Edited by Ketog

HDMIs usually support up to 120 FPS, you need to switch to a DP (Display Port) cable to achieve higher FPS

Edited by cheater

Just to clear things up. FPS and Hz are not the same thing, and are completely independent of each other. FPS is how many frames the game is producing per second. Hz is how many times your monitor refreshes per second. Games can run at higher FPS than the monitor's Hz. As for APB, the G1 devs went full retard. APB limits your FPS based on your monitor's Hz rating. 0-119Hz = 101fps. 120Hz = 145fps. (it might be 121fps for 120hz, not sure on that).

Since you're using HDMI, make sure your monitor is set to 144hz. If it is, APB might not be detecting the 144hz option. Try using a DisplayPort cable and see if it fixes it. If not, try adding a custom 144hz profile using this guide:

17 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

The HPET feature can severely limit your fps on new hardware. Some motherboards have this enabled by default, others don't provide a way to disable it. Disable HPET if you can. Other than those few motherboards, APB runs way better on the latest hardware. I have no issues recording 1440p 60fps videos while maintaining 100+ fps in game.

Edited by MrsHappyPenguin
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Sakurachan said:

hey! fair enough.

Learn stuff everyday.