DrTilt

When are we gonna actually see something and not only read

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

I you wanna see what 3.5 looks like.... just google APB Reloaded Xbox One / PS4

Fb43JaG.gif

Game if the year right there!

Gotta say it sure is taking LO a good while to do an engine update that they said months ago was almost done. That matchmaking is working out very well too...

1 hour ago, SelttikS said:

Gotta say it sure is taking LO a good while to do an engine update that they said months ago was almost done. That matchmaking is working out very well too...

I was just being snarky. I don't know that PC will at all resemble consoles. 

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I was just being snarky. I don't know that PC will at all resemble consoles. 

No matter what swanky purple sash you don you'll still be Cookie.

4 hours ago, SelttikS said:

technically that's the community's fault for wanting new events for Halloween and Christmas so badly to the point we asked them to hold off on the engine for new content

4jX9.gif

21 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

technically that's the community's fault for wanting new events for Halloween and Christmas so badly to the point we asked them to hold off on the engine for new content

Y'all need to stop blaming the playerbase. There's a demand for a working product and a failure to deliver. LO's plan is amazing, but their company is too small, underfunded, and inexperienced.

25 minutes ago, Rebelliousness said:

4jX9.gif

Y'all need to stop blaming the playerbase. There's a demand for a working product and a failure to deliver. LO's plan is amazing, but their company is too small, underfunded, and inexperienced.

How big is their company?

How many employees?

What is their funding?

(since you must know)

And once you've answered those questions...

How big does their company need to be?

How many employees should they have?

How much funding would be enough?

1 hour ago, Rebelliousness said:

We chose what we chose and Little Orbit did as we asked.

Thats not blaming the playerbase , that is taking responsibility.

Ride out

youtube.com/watch?v=X7rdg_tKzKQ

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

How big is their company?

How many employees?

What is their funding?

(since you must know)

And once you've answered those questions...

How big does their company need to be?

How many employees should they have?

How much funding would be enough?

• Doesn't have all required resources.
  • 97 employees including minor staff
  • 1.4 million

• company needs resources not size
  • dont need many employees just need resources
  • their funding is fine

ok.

In my experience with many other games as well as APB and even some things that LO has already brought to us, it is always much better to wait it out than to bring stuff out half-baked. Problem is a lot of people want to have their cake and eat it too. On the one hand people want the Engine Upgrade now, on the other, people want it to be perfect. On the one hand, people want weapon rebalance now, on the other hand they demand perfection. Doing things right takes time, and I would MUCH rather have them take more time than to get shotgun-meta style issues with the entire UE3.5 upgrade, but that's just my 2 cents on the matter.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Alani said:

• 1.4 million

• company needs resources not size
  • dont need many employees just need resources
  • their funding is fine

ok.

Gracias senorita.

On 1/31/2019 at 12:43 AM, Fortune Runner said:

Yes we wanted something after 3 years of nothing... I mean in the last year, GamerFirst even cancelled some holiday events.

But the Epidemic event in October, followed by Autumn Assault in November, and then Slay Bells in December. Not too much of a good thing? Were potential points of improvements learnt from Epidemic event within a month before Autumn Assault?

Just my personal opinion that when an Engine Upgrade was announced in 2013, It may be for the best to get a crack on with it now it's 2019. 

Edited by VickyFox

Just now, VickyFox said:

Yes we wanted something after 3 years of nothing... I mean in the last year, GamerFirst even cancelled some holiday events.

But the Epidemic event in October, followed by Autumn Assault in November, and then Slay Bells in December. Not too much of a good thing? Were potential points of improvements learnt from Epidemic event within a month before Autumn Assault?

Just my personal opinion that when an Engine Upgrade was announced in 2013, It may be for the best to get a crack on with it now it's 2019. 

I personally do not mind a short delay of the engine for the new content.

People needed something new after years of neglect.

but I really want that Engine upgrade bad.

Cant have your cake and eat it too though but I did vote for an Engine Upgrade over new content on some poll that was made.

now Im just hoping for pizza and soda im hungry

9 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

I personally do not mind a short delay of the engine for the new content.

People needed something new after years of neglect.

but I really want that Engine upgrade bad.

Cant have your cake and eat it too though but I did vote for an Engine Upgrade over new content on some poll that was made.

now Im just hoping for pizza and soda im hungry

First off... Now you got me hungry!

I feel that there is 2 possible ways to perceived the holiday events done by Little Orbit last year:

Possible Little Orbit may of become overly excited and got carried away after Epidemic event was a successful Halloween and then went on to do Autumn Assault and Slay Bells.

What I think actually happened though is Little Orbit just decided to try a Staff interactive event at the worst time inbetween holidays, with a format that just wasn't going to work as intended and it comes across wrongly in my opinion.

While people want new content, I think the community overall was more wanting to see and hear that Little Orbit cared and was going to make changes for the better.

But of course you can't please all the people all of the time, likewise give some people an inch and they'll take a mile.

I too voted for getting the engine upgrade done, but I didn't think GamersFirst would cut nearly all interaction and cancelling pre-existing event that were rerun years before.

The Engine Upgrade is probably the number 1 outstanding thing on the to-do list followed by threat system rework.

FormerGamersFirst dangled a carrot over our noses. One can't blame them for Racing District banners left in from RTW, but APB:Vendetta, APB:Retrobution, One does have to question where their priorities were.

But as always the Engine Upgrade should be coming shortly. But with an undefined period of time, It just as well be indefinite still and that's the kicker for a lot of people is we just got to take Little Orbit's word after FormerGamersFirst just used it.

Just now, VickyFox said:

But as always the Engine Upgrade should be coming shortly. But with an undefined period of time

I believe an old post by MattScott suggested April but I can not remember clearly.

sorry you're hungry , but i did get what I wanted and now have pizza n soda at least.

If you lived closer id say come over id share

Edited by Fortune Runner

Just now, Fortune Runner said:

i believe an old post by MattScott suggested April but I can not remember clearly.

sorry yorue hungry , but i did get what i wanted and now have pizza n soda at least.

if you lived closer id say come over id share

It was more "April at the earliest".

Hes not given a solid date.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

It was more "April at the earliest".

Hes not given a solid date.

DIDNT EVEN GET TIME TO EDIT MY POST FOR TYPOS ROFL COOKIE WANTS PIZZA TOO

and ty cookie i cant remember his post clearly

1 hour ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

Problem is a lot of people want to have their cake and eat it too. 

QZlJcxC.gif

You're on point here; a lot of the community has a lot of different desires for the most desired fix, so LO probably feels like they're being pulled apart by horses.

16 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

FormerGamersFirst 

Just refer to them as RP, since that's who they were

2 hours ago, Alani said:

• 1.4 million

Would we be able to get a source on those numbers? I'd love to verify them

15 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

In my experience with many other games as well as APB and even some things that LO has already brought to us, it is always much better to wait it out than to bring stuff out half-baked. Problem is a lot of people want to have their cake and eat it too. On the one hand people want the Engine Upgrade now, on the other, people want it to be perfect. On the one hand, people want weapon rebalance now, on the other hand they demand perfection. Doing things right takes time, and I would MUCH rather have them take more time than to get shotgun-meta style issues with the entire UE3.5 upgrade, but that's just my 2 cents on the matter.

Some people (like me) just want to see news, something.... if LO made a 3minut video in the office showing what they are doing for example, showing progress and such, people wouldnt even demand "i want UE3.5 now" or w.e.

Some people want a reason to believe since they've been waiting since 2014 thats all. 

12 hours ago, Kevkof said:

Would we be able to get a source on those numbers? I'd love to verify them

+1

5 minutes ago, Keshi said:

Some people (like me) just want to see news, something.... if LO made a 3minut video in the office showing what they are doing for example, showing progress and such, people wouldnt even demand "i want UE3.5 now" or w.e.

That would be pretty cool. 

I think a lot of us would like to not only know what's up, but would also like to get to know our devs. 

• Thanks 1

Soon (without the TM).

What Little orbit did was remove the TM from Soon.

On 1/30/2019 at 6:23 PM, CookiePuss said:

I you wanna see what 3.5 looks like.... just google APB Reloaded Xbox One / PS4

minus the 20fps avg.