DrTilt

When are we gonna actually see something and not only read

Besides reading about it on several posts, when are we actually gonna see those "progress" on the UE3.5
I am not talking about "how it looks". I am not talking about "reading that we did this and that"
I mean actually showing us what all is happening and where they are. Are SPCT's allowed to share anything or are they under the good old NDA as well?

Edited by DrTilt
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

You don't want to see what it's going to look like, nor read about what changes are being made. What do you want?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

From what I know they start CBT of 3.5 relatively soon. So we would probably get more updates on what the game would actually look like for PC master race then.

But yeah, if there is a so called 'NDA' then I give little hope on the engine upgrade. Hiding behind fake agreements just gives everyone suspicion.

yes spct is under an nda, iirc we’ve been told that once spct testing starts they’ll be allowed to share screenshots/videos 

chillax broski

why are you in such a hurry? wait for another year bruh

I seriously recommend you to try out new games and forget about APB until they are done with what the hell they are up to

We've waited this long. Might as well let them take the extra time to get things right.

• Thanks 1

Having seen the difference in developing with v3 and v4 of the engine ...  an update from an even older version to 3.5 must be quite something.  (never seen exactly that)

I do remember the notice about v4 in the roadmap (second team).

https://apbreloaded.gamersfirst.com/2018/06/apb-roadmap.html

I'm super curious about that as well. Anyway we'll hear whenever. Which is fine. Keeping track of development and writing detailed update news (actual interesting info) would be a workload in itself.

• Like 1

to much people are sometimes being so agressive. G1 did nothing over a timespan of 3-4 years. and now u all want that the company who took it over rework the game in one night only. just be reasonable and let them work on it. we had conformations enough that the engine would hit. so when it hits for the testers we wil probebly know about it.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

yes spct is under an nda, iirc we’ve been told that once spct testing starts they’ll be allowed to share screenshots/videos 

chillax broski

On 1/19/2019 at 3:43 AM, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We had a build staged for SPCT to test right at the end of 2018, but we hit a snag while one of our developers was on vacation.

I'm going to give us some time to test and work some kinks out, and then I'll let SPCT post pictures.

Thanks,
Matt

Not quite but yes, we will be allowed to post pictures at some point in the future. 

17 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

to much people are sometimes being so agressive. G1 did nothing over a timespan of 3-4 years. and now u all want that the company who took it over rework the game in one night only. just be reasonable and let them work on it. we had conformations enough that the engine would hit. so when it hits for the testers we wil probebly know about it.

After waiting for something that was promised to be released 4 years ago, One surely can be understanding of the feeling restless over it.

Sorry but I too am losing patience. The Engine Upgrade is an intangible entity to the APB community, everyone can agree is needed but is left lingering as a pipe dream.

Is there really an NDA?

didn't Matt say they can post screens when it's on OTW, which it seems to not be atm.

4 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

After waiting for something that was promised to be released 4 years ago, One surely can be understanding of the feeling restless over it.

Sorry but I too am losing patience. The Engine Upgrade is an intangible entity to the APB community, everyone can agree is needed but is left lingering as a pipe dream.

i understand the restless ness but atm we had some conformation it wil drop in february and not soon-TM

2 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Is there really an NDA?

didn't Matt say they can post screens when it's on OTW, which it seems to not be atm.

i thought hearing the same. but the testing isn't started yet only next month... that wil be i think between 1-4 weeks ...

8 minutes ago, Frosi said:

Not quite but yes, we will be allowed to post pictures at some point in the future. 

wil there be an announcment when u guys can say we are starting testing then ?  or is this also not allowed ?

17 minutes ago, TzickyT said:

wil there be an announcment when u guys can say we are starting testing then ?  or is this also not allowed ?

That is something Matt has to decide, he can give us the approval to talk about things that would usually be locked behind the NDA.

I think LO want to drop it like hammer again.

Better than promising something and then not delivering, right?

53 minutes ago, Mitne said:

I think LO want to drop it like hammer again.

Better than promising something and then not delivering, right?

Looks like that's gonna happen

17 hours ago, DrTilt said:

Besides reading about it on several posts, when are we actually gonna see those "progress" on the UE3.5
I am not talking about "how it looks". I am not talking about "reading that we did this and that"
I mean actually showing us what all is happening and where they are. Are SPCT's allowed to share anything or are they under the good old NDA as well?

You sound so rude... Little Orbit has been working hard on many things for us and has not been here for a year yet it is almost completed.

The Engine Upgrade will be ready when it is ready

2 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

You sound so rude... Little Orbit has been working hard on many things for us and has not been here for a year yet it is almost completed.

The Engine Upgrade will be ready when it is ready

I don't think OP was talking about "where the engine upgrade at" or "when is it ready"
It's more showing us stuffs like pictures, video's..anything than just writing texts on blogposts and keeping testers under NDA like G1 did since 2014

I mean i kinda agree too...

Edited by Keshi

21 hours ago, DrTilt said:

Don't you get it, they giving us fake promises like G1 did for 8 years!!!!!!

I too am getting antsy, however, unlike OP I'm content with just hearing. It'd be nice for them to lest us know if everything is peachy or if already it is going awry and it's behind schedule... I just wanna know, ya know :c

I predict EU patch day for live servers on June 21

What do you want ? How it looks ? Just like screenshots and on console. How it works ? Maybe the same. I hope better performance, less fps drops and a HDR shader, because I'm tired of adjusting the brightness in every half minute. (Too bright- too dark)

Just stop asking the same question.

When they have something to share they will.