Shamis

Threat - in all honesty...

15 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Same... But then again I like getting at least one mission per hour. 

ha, this reminds me when we had no district spin up and you had (or were automatically) put into a bronze district when you were gold, you could easily wait 30+ minutes and not get any opposition. Wow, was that horrible.

On 1/30/2019 at 8:49 AM, Darkzero3802 said:

Silvers can kill golds, bronzies can as well but rare.

I know Tlv of the player who kills the Golden .

On 1/29/2019 at 6:54 AM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The year is 2022. LO has announced the change of the threat system and has finally been implemented. Instead of 4 colours it is now 50 levels. Everyone praises LO for saving APB, threat system, and the matchmaking. Despite this, no one knows they are still using the same Glicko system in the backend and nothing actually changed.

I really think LO is smarter than that, but.. amusing. 😄

1 minute ago, -Rachel- said:

I really think LO is smarter than that, but.. amusing. 😄

Oh. No,  LO is smarter than that.

But the playerbase isn't.

4 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Oh. No,  LO is smarter than that.

But the playerbase isn't.

^this this, a thousand times this

On 1/29/2019 at 4:40 PM, BXNNXD said:
On 1/29/2019 at 4:14 PM, Nite said:

Personally kinda feel that the gold levels make up more total rating points than the silver and bronze levels do....

that’s just a consequence of having static threat levels instead of dynamic, since a majority of players will improve over time it’s only natural that threat distribution will be skewed towards higher threats - especially in a game like apb where the population is stagnant at best

In a closed group the threat levels shouldn't gradually increase, since every time one players gains threat, another loses an equal amount.

As many players who try out APB will only spent some time getting their behinds kicked, increasing someone else's threat in the process and then leave the game, the overall average threat most likely does gradually increase. And only those who can consistently beat weaker players remain active.

On 1/29/2019 at 5:06 PM, NotZombieBiscuit said:

The great thing is this skewing of threat only affects the graphical indicator. The MMR/ELO behind the scenes is unaffected and thus so is matchmaking. So the excuse of matchmaking is one that is flawed.

Assuming the matchmaking system is based on Glicko. I wouldn't be surprised if it's based on the actual threat levels, however.

Either way, matchmaking really was never the issue. Distributing players into the correct districts was and is to this day the major flaw in the system,

• Like 1

Distributing players into the correct districts was and is to this day the major flaw in the system,

(ppssst That's matchmaking)

On 1/30/2019 at 5:36 PM, CookiePuss said:

Same... But then again I like getting at least one mission per hour. 

how about 2 per hour?

2 minutes ago, Jazeker said:

how about 2 per hour?

I have to play solo to even get that. 

Regardless of how flawed the current matchmaking system is, it is pretty obvious that a large portion of the community does not want balanced matches in the first place. There is no system that LO can add to this game that will magically fix matchmaking so long as there are this many people out there who would rather dethreat and stomp noobs instead of going against someone who matches them in skill. These people are not only a threat to the livelihood of the game (actively driving away new players) but they also skew the already flawed matchmaking system which prevents it from serving its intended purpose. 

The only way this sort of mentality will go away is if;

-LO actively punishes players who dethreat (This would be very difficult and time consuming to to)

-Find a way to give players a significant enough incentive to not dethreating in the first place 

4 hours ago, Kaori1 said:

Regardless of how flawed the current matchmaking system is, it is pretty obvious that a large portion of the community does not want balanced matches in the first place. There is no system that LO can add to this game that will magically fix matchmaking so long as there are this many people out there who would rather dethreat and stomp noobs instead of going against someone who matches them in skill. These people are not only a threat to the livelihood of the game (actively driving away new players) but they also skew the already flawed matchmaking system which prevents it from serving its intended purpose. 

The only way this sort of mentality will go away is if;

-LO actively punishes players who dethreat (This would be very difficult and time consuming to to)

-Find a way to give players a significant enough incentive to not dethreating in the first place 

You can magically report someone whose dethreating now in game and get them in trouble. Isnt it a miracle? Now if only the community had enough of a backbone to use it and stop dethreating in the 1st place.

God forbid ppl did the right thing. Dethreating is bannable now.

Edited by Darkzero3802

3 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

You can magically report someone whose dethreating now in game and get them in trouble. Isnt it a miracle? Now if only the community had enough of a backbone to use it and stop dethreating in the 1st place.

God forbid ppl did the right thing. Dethreating is bannable now.

You can only report people if you have actual proof of them doing so. If someone is intentionally playing bad then thats hard to prove to a GM and can result in legit players getting caught in the crossfire. 

They know the diff between playing bad and dethreating as does the community. And no the in game report system can be fired up at anytime and once you submit it the dev team will then look into it as will battleye to determine if its warranted or not.

2 hours ago, Darkzero3802 said:

They know the diff between playing bad and dethreating as does the community. And no the in game report system can be fired up at anytime and once you submit it the dev team will then look into it as will battleye to determine if its warranted or not.

*facepalm*

I knew that my comment will be very unpopular, but in ALL-this-HONESTY you cant establish a perfect ballance.

If u lose as a gold, it does not mean that the game is unballanced. It means u, and ur teammates know how to play, but need to get better. DUH, u will have a bigger chance to win in premade group of players with the same skill level. 

You can only really determine either the player plays bad or good, and in ALL-this-HONESTY silvers and threats below do not play good, and in most cases they do not represent almost any real threat to a gold player.

The ones who really needs help and those who suffers from the flaws of current threat system are those who frequently jump from silver to gold - those are the real victims.

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

*facepalm*

shhhh

dont judge, otherwise discord might ban you because of his 'extra' hobby.

12 hours ago, AxeTurboAgresor said:

If u lose as a gold, it does not mean that the game is unballanced. It means u, and ur teammates know how to play, but need to get better. DUH, u will have a bigger chance to win in premade group of players with the same skill level. 

I don't think anyone here was talking about the general balance of the game, just the matchmaking system and how crazy it can get sometimes. When a threat level 255 bronze deranker gets placed against a trainee this is not acceptable no matter how you look at it. Though there are other factors to consider, if matchmaking had never been much of a problem then APB would have retained far more players over the years. 

Here is just an example. This is a bronze district, I was called into backup a r9 and a trainee. The second I joined the 255s on the other team called for backup and got a 3rd 255.

DccuJR9.png

Heres another one. I wanted to see how bad things were for trainees so I logged into an alt account I made awhile back This was my 3rd match on this character, the second the 255 started losing he pulled out his OPGL and I called him out on it. This was his response:

9vJUwnJ.png

I have known the APB community for a long time and I think a lot of us have just gotten use to the dethreating and the general toxic behavior of most players. But new people coming into this game for the first time will see this sort of behavior and uninstall the game without looking back. 

2 minutes ago, Kaori1 said:

This is a bronze district

2 minutes ago, Kaori1 said:

5cdc25a208997f9cb3384b6993f6d392.png

hold the phone chief 

Just now, BXNNXD said:

hold the phone chief 

I was silver 2 matches ago, I have not played in a few years and I'm complete dogshit at the game right now. 

13 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

hold the phone chief 

Golds in bronze complaining about matchmaking. 

Hilarious. 

12 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Golds in bronze complaining about matchmaking. 

Hilarious. 

You know just as well as I do that a trainee can be gold in a handful of matches if he gets lucky with a few wins. Gold/silver/bronze means nothing. Threat level however can be used to determine how many hours a person has dumped into this game. Someone with 5 hours of game play stands no chance against someone with 1k+ under their belt. 

1 minute ago, Kaori1 said:

Threat level however can be used to determine how many hours a person has dumped into this game.

1 minute ago, Kaori1 said:

a trainee can be gold in a handful of matches

hold up chief 

Just now, BXNNXD said:

hold up chief 

I meant rating, again I have not played in a few years. 

56 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You should probably just stop.

Why? Because people like you are fine with the current situation and enjoy stomping new players? Pretty sure I played with you on a bronze district 2 days ago, Cookie.