Shamis

Threat - in all honesty...

12 minutes ago, Kaori1 said:

Why? Because people like you are fine with the current situation and enjoy stomping new players? Pretty sure I played with you on a bronze district 2 days ago, Cookie. 

There's only one gold player stomping noobs here bro. 

And ironically, it's the guy pretending he has a problem with it. 

... priceless. 

Just now, CookiePuss said:

There's only one gold player stomping noobs here bro. 

And ironically, it's the guy pretending he has a problem with it. 

... priceless. 

Right, the person who has not played in years is stomping those poor dethreating 255s. You have yet to actually contribute anything to this conversation other than your petty nitpicking and judging by your post history thats all you really seem to do on here anyway. Unless you actually have a counter argument or a point to make then I suggest you find some other thread to skulk around in. The issues presented in this thread are serious and solving them could help APB out a great deal especially in the long run. 

Whats interesting though is that despite my absence, portions of the APB community seems to have not changed one bit. People are still just as stubborn to admit fault or make any effort to change things as they were a few years ago. Gamersfirst is gone and LO is trying their hardest to fix as much as they can but they cannot do that if the community refuses to do their part as well. 

6 minutes ago, Kaori1 said:

~snip~

Stop playing in bronze.

Stop stomping noobs.

Stop making excuses.

You sir, are part of the problem.

Stop playing in bronze.

Stop stomping noobs.

Stop making excuses.

You sir, are part of the problem.

So you finally admit that there is a problem then? Great, now as someone who has been very active in this game and its community since at least 2017, what is your honest opinion on the situation and how should we go about dealing with it? 

Those screenshots I took were just the tip of the iceberg and I could not have taken them if I was playing on a silver district. The people who don't play on those districts need to know how bad things are for new players. 

Just now, Kaori1 said:

So you finally admit that there is a problem then? Great, now as someone who has been very active in this game and its community since at least 2017, what is your honest opinion on the situation and how should we go about dealing with it? 

Those screenshots I took were just the tip of the iceberg and I could not have taken them if I was playing on a silver district. The people who don't play on those districts need to know how bad things are for new players. 

You should wait for 3.5 and phasing like the rest of us.

In the meantime, try not to be the only gold in your screenshots if you want to make this point again.

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You should wait for 3.5 and phasing like the rest of us.

In the meantime, try not to be the only gold in your screenshots if you want to make this point again.

Point taken, waiting to see what LO does next is defiantly the smart move. That being said though, I do not think that ignoring this situation helps anyone either. It doesn't hurt anyone to listen to people's thoughts on these matters and who knows, maybe someone out there has some good ideas that LO has yet to think of yet (its a long shot but still one worth taking). 

Lastly, since I could not have been gold at the time of entering that server and because I do not dethreat, I had every right to be in that district in accordance with the game's rules. Furthermore, if I had intentionally dethreated before taking such screenshots then that would have been deceptive. People deserve to see how things really are, even at the cost of my own "public image" on these forums. 

3 minutes ago, Kaori1 said:

Lastly, since I could not have been gold at the time of entering that server and because I do not dethreat, I had every right to be in that district in accordance with the game's rules.

Yes, no one in any of those screenshots were breaking any rules.

If you do find someone dethreating, please use the new and improved /report function.

Edited by CookiePuss

Yes, no one in any of those screenshots were breaking any rules.

If you do find someone dethreating, please use the new and improved /report function.

I never said that those images were proof of anyone breaking the rules. 

Just now, Kaori1 said:

I never said that those images were proof of anyone breaking the rules. 

You shouldn't have said they were proof of anything.

You shouldn't have said they were proof of anything.

They are proof of how flawed the matchmaking system is though. Before I was called in to that match for backup, a rank 9 and a trainee were going against two rank 255s. 

Just now, Kaori1 said:

They are proof of how flawed the matchmaking system is though. Before I was called in to that match for backup, a rank 9 and a trainee were going against two rank 255s. 

Which is exactly why backup exists.

And matchmaking isn't so much flawed as it is limited by a tiny player pool.

Really, you should know all this by now, as well as knowing that rank =/= skill.

Which is exactly why backup exists.

And matchmaking isn't so much flawed as it is limited by a tiny player pool.

Really, you should know all this by now, as well as knowing that rank =/= skill.

They would not have needed backup had the matchmaking not been so flawed and put them against two people who have unlocked everything in the game. 

Kaori1 you really shouldn't be in bronze complaining about 255 bronzes or even 255 silvers.

A 255 only completed contacts and that it is not the same as weapon proficiency

BXNNXD and  CookiePuss have valid points that you should consider listening to.

7 minutes ago, Kaori1 said:

They would not have needed backup had the matchmaking not been so flawed and put them against two people who have unlocked everything in the game. 

lol... unreal

3 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Kaori1 you really shouldn't be in bronze complaining about 255 bronzes or even 255 silvers.

A 255 only completed contacts and that it is not the same as weapon proficiency

BXNNXD and  CookiePuss have valid points that you should consider listening to.

You act as if I regularly play in bronze districts, which I do not. Out of the two of them, Cookie was the only one to make any valid points but only after I twisted his arm. 

lol... unreal

This is not an argument.

2 minutes ago, Kaori1 said:

~snip~

Honestly man if you think rank = skill, I don't even know what to say to you at this point.

Honestly man if you think rank = skill, I don't even know what to say to you at this point.

If you don't know what to say, then why are you still posting? Reflect on our discussion and come back when you're ready to actually contribute something. 

Just now, Kaori1 said:

If you don't know what to say, then why are you still posting? Reflect on our discussion and come back when you're ready to actually contribute something. 

Look if you insist, I will continue.

Rank has nothing to do with skill.

Nothing whatsoever.

I currently have 11 characters, how much worse am I on a r27 vs a r255?

How many matches do you think youv'e lost only because of r195 mods?

I'm trying to let you off easy, you are making a fool of yourself and its kind of making me uncomfortable to even watch.

Please... just stop. We've all had bad experiences on APB, ran to the forums while salty af, and posted shit we'd later regret. Just let it go.

1 minute ago, CookiePuss said:

Look if you insist, I will continue.

Rank has nothing to do with skill.

Nothing whatsoever.

I currently have 11 characters, how much worse am I on a r27 vs a r255?

How many matches do you think youv'e lost only because of r195 mods?

I'm trying to let you off easy, you are making a fool of yourself and its kind of making me uncomfortable to even watch.

Please... just stop. We've all had bad experiences on APB, ran to the forums while salty af, and posted shit we'd later regret. Just let it go.

My point was that a 255 has at least ~1,000 hours or more experience in playing the game than a fresh player. These two individuals should never be matched with each other. 

1 minute ago, Kaori1 said:

My point was that a 255 has at least ~1,000 hours or more experience in playing the game than a fresh player. These two individuals should never be matched with each other. 

I'll bite... what is your solution?

Just now, Kaori1 said:

*facepalm*

they are both noobs on bronze but one was only here longer is your argument?

I'll bite... what is your solution?

I'm sorry but I've never claimed to have one. My only intention here was to show the people who do not play on these servers why new players might quit this game before they've really given it a chance. Think of all the people who could be playing right now if they did not run into these kind of players for their first few games. People say APB is dying, this is one of the major contributing factors for this (though not the only one). 

2 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

*facepalm*

they are both noobs on bronze but one was only here longer is your argument?

I'm not sure I understand what you're getting at. Are you saying map awareness/knowledge, game mechanics, gun strengths/weaknesses, car/weapon/modification unlocks and knowledge of common player tactics offers these individuals with 0 advantage over a fresh player who has never played APB before? I am sorry but anyone who has 1,000 hours played in any game will defiantly be on an entirely different level than that of a new player. 

3 minutes ago, Kaori1 said:

I'm sorry but I've never claimed to have one.

Nest time start with a disclaimer "only here to cry", that way we all know to just ignore you.

Edited by CookiePuss

Nest time start with a disclaimer "only here to cry", that way we all know to just ignore you.

I'm still not sure where all this hostility is coming from but if doing so will keep you out of a thread then I'll be sure to do that next time. 

2 minutes ago, Kaori1 said:

I'm still not sure where all this hostility is coming from but if doing so will keep you out of a thread then I'll be sure to do that next time. 

Muchos gracias.