MurkTheMerc

Crouch movement speed.

What's your opinions on the speed being increased?

Here's the speeds for reference. This is from the ATAC 424. Crouch, walk, run and sprint speed are the same as is if you put the weapon away.
dba88caabce784ea1162ba1e34cd0ee4.png

Edited by MurkTheMerc
  • Like 3

Maybe a little increase would be nice. 

• Like 1

I wholeheartedly agree.

Normal sprint speed is 600cm/s, while crouching is currently 90cm/s, which is ridiculously slow in comparison. The animation even looks slow and I'm sure it can be sped up quite a bit without looking bad. The question is how much though? Should it be affected by if you're using a heavy weapon or not, and how would marksmanship mode speed affect it?

I think it would be good to test out something around 175cm/s crouched movement speed, without taking into account other movement modifiers.

Huh, this never really crossed my mind, but I really like the idea.  What is the normal jogging speed?  IMO it should be somewhere around half or maybe a little faster than half of the jogging speed.

1 hour ago, BrandonBranderson said:

What is the normal jogging speed? IMO it should be somewhere around half or maybe a little faster than half of the jogging speed.

413cm/s, so half of that would be 206.5cm/s.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Alright thanks.  The animation might look a little goofy if the speed is just doubled like that.  Your number of 175 cm/s sounds like a good starting point.

3 hours ago, LuzExtinguido said:

Any specific reason to crouch walk faster? There is no reason for it. To dodge bullets when surfing?

When there's actual cover present and standing up and running is the worst thing you can do.

I like this idea, faster crouching would lead to slightly faster gameplay, which I'm all for.

i Never worried about the crouch movement speed, i mean u have cars and coberts, so why the players need that? only 3 of 10 players crouch in a corner aiming the enemy

On 7/10/2018 at 12:04 AM, scaredofsnakes said:

We could double the sprint speed and increase the crouch speed to the old sprint speed.

Why double sprint speed?

Just now, MurkTheMerc said:
On 7/10/2018 at 12:04 AM, scaredofsnakes said:

We could double the sprint speed and increase the crouch speed to the old sprint speed.

Why double sprint speed?
Make the game fast, super fast.

I would honestly prefer a slow speed like we already have but an option of a faster speed like some games have implemented

basically its setup with certain key presses to toggle slow or fast speed.

the last thing anyone needs  is to move too fast out of cover  when peeking  around a corner or moving too slow from cover to cover which is why I believe two different speeds  for crouching would benefit game play.

There's a jog feature and a sprint feature already and having it setup this way for crouching would benefit us however this would have to be after the engine update for what I am referring to because of suspicion of changing too much coding to upgrade fast and efficient to the new engines otherwise

17 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

I would honestly prefer a slow speed like we already have but an option of a faster speed like some games have implemented

basically its setup with certain key presses to toggle slow or fast speed.

the last thing anyone needs  is to move too fast out of cover  when peeking  around a corner or moving too slow from cover to cover which is why I believe two different speeds  for crouching would benefit game play.

There's a jog feature and a sprint feature already and having it setup this way for crouching would benefit us however this would have to be after the engine update for what I am referring to because of suspicion of changing too much coding to upgrade fast and efficient to the new engines otherwise

I understand what you're saying and agree. Though it's never binded to anything from the start, we do have a Walk key, which I use sometimes on corners, that can be used to toggle the speed of the crouch walk. Edited by MurkTheMerc

2 hours ago, MurkTheMerc said:
I understand what you're saying and agree. Though it's never binded to anything from the start, we do have a Walk key, which I use sometimes on corners, that can be used to toggle the speed of the crouch walk.
exactly.

hopefully after the engine upgrades are completed they will consider something like this  in the future .

but they also need work on fallen earth as well its not just apb  so hopefully they don't get bogged down too much

I support this. The crouch speed is too slow. Your hitbox is taller while crouch walking, it's currently too dangerous to crouch walk since your character can barely move. It's safer to just sprint.