ramell

Bring back ‘send as gift’ botton

Can someone tell me why LO got rid of the ‘send as gift’ botton from Armas Market? This feature is kinda important to me, as my friend sometimes buy me armas items as gifts. I believe it’s a good way to encourage spending too. Is it possible to reinstate the botton?

@MattScott

I think one of the reasons was to help combat real world trading. Also I vaguely recall hearing about people using it to get others banned on purpose by gifting them things and then doing chargebacks.

In other words bad people ruined something good. Hopefully it'll come back when it's less exploitable but until then you can give people steam giftcards or something

6 minutes ago, Tizzie said:

I think one of the reasons was to help combat real world trading. Also I vaguely recall hearing about people using it to get others banned on purpose by gifting them things and then doing chargebacks.

In other words bad people ruined something good. Hopefully it'll come back when it's less exploitable but until then you can give people steam giftcards or something

Well, I assume whoever playing this game takes responsibility of his/her own actions. They just have to learn to protect themselves, in game and in real world.

Edited by ramell

1 hour ago, ramell said:

Well, I assume whoever playing this game takes responsibility of his/her own actions. They just have to learn to protect themselves, in game and in real world.

it has nothing to do with your actions

someone else could make a throwaway account, gift you an item, chargeback, and get your account banned - all without your knowledge (until you boot up to a 10008 error code)

There was an exploit as ^^^^^ they ^^^^^ said.

I am not certain of the official statement since it has been a while since I seen it. its kinda buried on the forums now.

14 hours ago, ramell said:

Can someone tell me why LO got rid of the ‘send as gift’ botton from Armas Market? This feature is kinda important to me, as my friend sometimes buy me armas items as gifts. I believe it’s a good way to encourage spending too. Is it possible to reinstate the botton?

@MattScott

G1 removed "send as gift" option on ARMAS, this was due exploitable methods to get players banned on purpose or trade legendaries for real money + others.

Was important for me too, send stuff to my friends, gift to players, spent alot doing this. I still buy some stuff for my girlfriend but i have login details of her, no gift option.

Maybe they will make it avaiable again, but i don't really know.

14 hours ago, Tizzie said:

Exactly

14 hours ago, ramell said:

Agree

13 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

it has nothing to do with your actions

someone else could make a throwaway account, gift you an item, chargeback, and get your account banned - all without your knowledge (until you boot up to a 10008 error code)

Well yes, thats right too.