NotZombieBiscuit

Do Not Take Every Fight

I see this issue with a lot of APB players and can heavily affect their gameplay when it is such an integral part of APB despite most not even realising.

YOU. DO. NOT. HAVE. TO. TAKE. EVERY. FIGHT.

You do not have to shoot and ultimately fight every enemy you see with the hopes to kill them. In many instances this is the worst decision possible. Let's go over a few of them so hopefully more people will learn this. Drill it in to your head:

• If an enemy has a weapon that counters your weapon choice. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If an enemy has a superior position to you. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If you are going to a new objective and killing the enemy will allow them to respawn there. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If the enemy is unaware of you and you are actively trying to find the rest of the enemy team. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If it is better to 'crowd control' the player rather than allow them to safely respawn. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If the enemy team is camping and you do not have an optimal angle/approach with your team. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If you have the item and are in a place that would make it hard to get if you die. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.

Now of course it is a little more nuanced than this and there will be many circumstances where you want to go against these ideals. However in the general broader sense there are a number of times where not taking the fight is the beneficial route. Some of these are if the enemy is wounded, or a friendly is with you, or you need to push something due to objective, or even drawing attention. 

So stop holding the W and Fire Key while running non stop at points as if it was D-Day and you have to kill every person in sight.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1

Not gonna lie this is very very true , can i add a point here ? :

• If you are driving to the objective with a friend in your car and see an random enemy on the road . DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.

This happends way too much , your ally suddently going out the car and leaving you alone in the passenger seat , only so he can try to get a greedy kill that will serve no purpose , the worst part is when he fails at doing so .

Edited by Ketog
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Ketog said:

Not gonna lie this is very very true , can i add a point here ? :

• If you are driving to the objective with a friend in your car and see an random enemy on the road . DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.

This happends way too much , your ally suddently going out the car and leaving you alone in the passenger seat , only so he can try to get a greedy kill that will serve no purpose , the worst part is when he fails at doing so .

In that situation it is actually worse for him to succeed.

If he loses, the enemy is still left behind and he will likely have the chance to spawn with you or closer to the point.

If he wins, the enemy gets a free respawn to the point and he is now stuck out there.

Even worse if he is the one driving and now put you down a 'three person deficit' on the next point for a while.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

What the fuck Zombie, how am I supposed to win if I can't abuse the fact that nobody knows this?

What am I supposed to do now that you spilled the beans? Get mechanical skill? As if.

Sidenote that's not 100% related: when you're defending a point, make sure you can get line of sight to the point before it's completed. I can't tell you how many times I've won stages against people who were so kill-hungry they slowly creep farther from the point every time they kill someone, until you can just straight-up complete the objective because they can't react in time. I cry when I see my teammates way too far from the objective we're defending.

It amazes me that people cannot get it through their thick skulls that there is no merit to getting kills in APB unless it's a kill stage.

Edited by Kewlin

21 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

YOU. DO. NOT. HAVE. TO. TAKE. EVERY. FIGHT.

Big fonts for big bois

21 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

• If an enemy has a weapon that counters your weapon choice. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If an enemy has a superior position to you. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If you are going to a new objective and killing the enemy will allow them to respawn there. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If the enemy is unaware of you and you are actively trying to find the rest of the enemy team. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If it is better to 'crowd control' the player rather than allow them to safely respawn. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.
  • If the enemy team is camping and you do not have an optimal angle/approach with your team. DO NOT TAKE THE FIGHT.

Your examples are pretty vague. I need more specific examples to help improve my gameplay. How about "If you haven't thrown 6 low-yields at one player yet, do not take the fight."

24 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

So stop holding the W and Fire Key while running non stop at points as if it was D-Day and you have to kill every person in sight.

I personally enjoy and prefer W + M1 gameplay. It's a refined taste, I know.

nothing better than watching your teammate rush off in the wrong direction to get some sick frags only to die out in the open

oh and he had the item, so gg

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Crusade said:

Big fonts for big bois

Your examples are pretty vague. I need more specific examples to help improve my gameplay. How about "If you haven't thrown 6 low-yields at one player yet, do not take the fight."

I personally enjoy and prefer W + M1 gameplay. It's a refined taste, I know.

I throw at least 9 before even peaking a corner.

19 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

nothing better than watching your teammate rush off in the wrong direction to get some sick frags only to die out in the open

oh and he had the item, so gg

Pressing 'x' to drop the item before you take a risk brings dishonor to your family.

1 minute ago, Deadliest said:

mate u tell em

Have to do something for my community on Straya day.

3. is a pretty hard to tell, yet even If I don't like to try telling the game to be biased, I always felt like being crim makes this happen more often than Enforcer. So yes generally it's better trying to avoid killing opps when the objctive changes as it cna really make them spawn over there.

Generally there are way too many people who always go to and fight the opponent and tdon't try to wait for the team.

Sadly, you'll still get some Luke starwalkers (holds rmb and lmb and w key in the middle of the street with a star shooting at an enemy 100m away), but nice to see a non-troll post from you that actually makes sense. Cheers.

3 minutes ago, Kempington said:

Sadly, you'll still get some Luke starwalkers (holds rmb and lmb and w key in the middle of the street with a star shooting at an enemy 100m away), but nice to see a non-troll post from you that actually makes sense. Cheers.

Just kidding. 

If you don't lean jump in the middle of the street with an N-tec at 100m while completely disregarding the objective or cover you're fucking shit at the game.

Can't believe I'm actually agreeing with NotZombieBiscuit, but they're right. It is better to focus the objective than to get the frag.

52 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Just kidding. 

If you don't lean jump in the middle of the street with an N-tec at 100m while completely disregarding the objective or cover you're fucking shit at the game.

Aaaand reality reasserts itself.

6 minutes ago, Fenton said:

Can't believe I'm actually agreeing with NotZombieBiscuit, but they're right. It is better to focus the objective than to get the frag.

Aaaand reality reasserts itself.

The only thing that matters is getting the most kills, being mvp, and having the best KDA. Objectives are a waste of time, do not show any skill, and wins are not important. Only asserting dominance.

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips. Sadly I'm still trying to remember to use cover. But I'll work on these next

I can't count the amount of times I have ninja'd objectives because the defenders started to creep forward so far that they can't kill me in time. On that note: If you are close to completing the objective and start getting shot at just take the death and complete it. You never know if you and your team will suddenly bog down and be unable to take the objective again.

Just wait for your teammates, thats my tip. Too many times i've had people jump head first into a 1v2 instead of waiting for the teammate 50m behind them to get a fair battle. Just regroup, you're not a pro and you can't take two guys at the same time in a hallway. 

Also, more people have to get used to flanking instead of going in through the same spot in the open expecting a change.

i'd rather take the fight, win, and do the objective. that's how you win the match after all...and everyone knows being MVP is important.