WorldDominator

What if false bans never got solved?

There will always be false bans. Software isn't perfect. Maybe when we get quantum neural network anti cheat there will be less false positives. But they will always be there. Same with anti virus. Anti freaking anything. The thing is you have to trust the software and host to make the right decision when things are just too close to call.

Trust. It is important. Can you trust anti cheat that that bans you globally for having a cheat on your pc for some random offline game? Like BE does? I'd say that is a fucking ridiculous ban. Trying to save face from being hacked from here to china. There is no way I personally trust BE anymore. It's crap hacked spying software.

Trust. Would you trust a company that takes ages to ban obvious hackers that try to ruin a game? Well, would you?

Trust. Do you trust a community infested with old trolling cheaters? Hah.

ZhIVqnY.jpg

Edited by DeepLearningSuperSampling
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, DeepLearningSuperSampling said:

There will always be false bans. Software isn't perfect. Maybe when we get quantum neural network anti cheat there will be less false positives. But they will always be there. Same with anti virus. Anti freaking anything. The thing is you have to trust the software and host to make the right decision when things are just too close to call.

Trust. It is important. Can you trust anti cheat that that bans you globally for having a cheat on your pc for some random offline game? Like BE does? I'd say that is a fucking ridiculous ban. Trying to save face from being hacked from here to china. There is no way I personally trust BE anymore. Its crap hacked spying software.

Trust. Would you trust a company that takes ages to ban obvious hackers that try to ruin a game? Well, would you?

It was mumble overlay. I promise...

4 hours ago, WorldDominator said:

Well I'm just stating the few who i know they never cheated before and never will;  the ones who i had been playing with for 7 years straight and btw just as an update there has been a couple of unbans for those who recently got banned and i know that one of them cheated for sure and i even know what kind of cheat they had and who never cheated still didn't get any replies for their support ticket and ofcourse are still banned for no reason, i guess that is good enough to call these bans and the way they handle cheaters are "unprofessional"

You cannot know that anyone but yourself never cheated. Just because they didn't cheat whilst playing with you, or with an account / character known to you, doesn't mean they never have any other time.

You'd be surprised how long people can hide a skeleton or two in their closet.

Edited by MrChan

Thread title What if false bans never got solved?

Made me wonder if this thread is saying like the other thread that we just had false bans.

If that is the case the only true answer I see that I could accept is what CookiePuss said.

On 1/25/2019 at 5:36 PM, CookiePuss said:

The "false ban" conspiracy in this case, seems to stem from the fact that some of these players had ALL of their accounts wiped, INCLUDING the ones they did not cheat on.

If this is only intended as a what if thread then I do not see any good reason to do this.

Any claims of a false ban can go through support (although it annoying it is proper protocol).

I do not want to speculate on "what If's" since it would only feed the ones who were caught , who are lying through their teeth.

For reference and clarity on how I feel about the bans we just had.

4 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Thread title What if false bans never got solved?

Made me wonder if this thread is saying like the other thread that we just had false bans.

If that is the case the only true answer I see that I could accept is what CookiePuss said.

If this is only intended as a what if thread then I do not see any good reason to do this.

Any claims of a false ban can go through support (although it annoying it is proper protocol).

I do not want to speculate on "what If's" since it would only feed the ones who were caught , who are lying through their teeth.

For reference and clarity on how I feel about the bans we just had.

bruh calm down

2 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

bruh calm down

if i get any calmer ill fall asleep

does it sound bad?

Edit : told you I'd fall asleep if i was any calmer....

Edited by Fortune Runner

I wish the rest of the world took cheating as seriously as South Korea.  Maybe such measures can save future games from having to suffer at the hands of these types of people.

Can you imagine what APB might be like today if there had never been any cheaters?

9 minutes ago, mynd said:

I wish the rest of the world took cheating as seriously as South Korea.  Maybe such measures can save future games from having to suffer at the hands of these types of people.

Can you imagine what APB might be like today if there had never been any cheaters?

probably in the same place its at now tbh, i wont deny cheaters have been a big issue but apb has had far more problems throughout the years

i also dont see the practice of requiring the equivalent of a social security number to play video games catching on in the US

There could be errors in detecting cheats but as many others said there is no way for one to know if someone is cheating or not unless hes blatant enough or he is right behing him lookin at him playing.Sure we must not izolate the fact that some people might have been fasley accused but im sure LO will look into their cases and proceed with the apropriate responce.

everything what LO did was a good decision in there eyes and a bad decision for certain people.

Lets look back, first thing "LO" did was unban all players who got banned in G1 time. Even when about 70% pop. were againts it. "LO" explained that they want to be fair to all players and start fresh without any "false bans" because "LO" find out about Tiggs banning random ppl.

( Looking in this fact alone... i think "LO" did best they could to minimize false ban numbers).

"LO" sayd that they track cheaters to they original acc.

Now lets remember FFban list. and how many ppl. acutaly breaking "TOS" rules every day ?...How many ppl. playing with macro, crosshair schrader's ? How many players removed smoke or muzzle flash form game? How many players have fake acc. so they could cheat when they get mad ?

After all we talking about APB ... one of the most cheated game. And i think there was no false ban at this wave ... ppl. are so mad because they didint expect that "LO" would track original acc. and ban it. ( I wont surprise if "LO" didint ban all flagged players so APB wont lose too much pop.)

Edited by MartisLTU

Im happy ,knowing that there was a ban wave .Thank you LO !

Cheaters destroying the product=Armas Weapons for example ,which means nobody wants to buy weapons in ARMAS because of hacks or cheats,WHY should LO ban innocent people,

who are buying their products? Why should LO ban their own customers???

I think this bans was rightful correct and Im happy they are banning cheaters and take this folks down.

Hypocrites tellin they where good in APB and believing their own lies,BAN EM ALL !!!

GREAT WORK LO ,KEEP UP!

Edited by Atomkraftwerk

9 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

probably in the same place its at now tbh, i wont deny cheaters have been a big issue but apb has had far more problems throughout the years

The latter is definitely true, but think of all the time and money wasted on trying to combat cheaters in this game.  Think of all those players that put their feet down and said, "that's enough for me I'm out."  The truth is, there's no way to accurately quantify the damage cheaters have done in all aspects of the game, but I am of the belief that it has caused significant damage both to game's bottom line and player retention.  I think our populations would be much higher today without the cheater culture this game has.

Edited by mynd

On 1/27/2019 at 3:08 PM, WorldDominator said:

Well I'm just stating the few who i know they never cheated before and never will;  the ones who i had been playing with for 7 years straight and btw just as an update there has been a couple of unbans for those who recently got banned and i know that one of them cheated for sure and i even know what kind of cheat they had and who never cheated still didn't get any replies for their support ticket and ofcourse are still banned for no reason, i guess that is good enough to call these bans and the way they handle cheaters are "unprofessional"

I have to agree with you on anything you've said brother, this is pure madness that they just give the experienced players straight L's in the face and let us open a reroll ......

This has been the first time I've been falsely banned and I never believed it was true untill it happened. So all of you saying "no such thing"

Just wait, it will happen some day.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, liav said:

I have to agree with you on anything you've said brother, this is pure madness that they just give the experienced players straight L's in the face and let us open a reroll ......

This has been the first time I've been falsely banned and I never believed it was true untill it happened. So all of you saying "no such thing"

Just wait, it will happen some day.

Wow finally someone who can relate.

Just now, WorldDominator said:

Wow finally someone who can relate.

Yeah, this forum community is PACKED with silvers that know nothing about this game, their fat patootie sits here typing on the forums 24/7 trying to be relevant instead of actually playing the game. 

And then they be like "I was never false banned"

Well you damn right you aren't. You barely even have kills smh

Just now, liav said:

Yeah, this forum community is PACKED with silvers that know nothing about this game, their fat patootie sits here typing on the forums 24/7 trying to be relevant instead of actually playing the game. 

why do i see you in bronze  district all the time then?

Just now, WorldDominator said:

Interesting.

unless of course someone has a duplicate  name

that sort of thing happens too now and then. an old thread griped of it

almost forgot about that.

8 hours ago, liav said:

I'm sorry, you're right. You convinced me with that substantive reasoning of your position.

I can only agree. Clearly supports the view that it is impossible to doubt your modest character who would only ever surround himself with the most trustworthy friends.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

why do i see you in bronze  district all the time then?

That name I have on the forums is just my internet nickname spelled backwards. (Vail)

I haven't been in bronze district for ages. Just a few months ago 1 time where I played with a close friend of mine and his girlfriend (she is a bronze and wasn't enjoying the game on the silver district)

37 minutes ago, TheJellyGoo said:

I'm sorry, you're right. You convinced me with that substantive reasoning of your position.

I can only agree. Clearly supports the view that it is impossible to doubt your modest character who would only ever surround himself with the most trustworthy friends.

I don't even know how to reply to you. I mean, I can't prove that I'm not lying, but I can also say to you that I ain't lying...

Just saying, that it's very easy to know whether a friend cheats or not. Especially when you play with them for years, you see their streams/recordings and you SEE that they simply just don't cheat. 

Everyone has their good days when their aim feels like an aimbot but it's just not it.. You just play insanely good for no reason, and the next day your aim could be potato.

1 hour ago, liav said:

That name I have on the forums is just my internet nickname spelled backwards. (Vail)

I haven't been in bronze district for ages. Just a few months ago 1 time where I played with a close friend of mine and his girlfriend (she is a bronze and wasn't enjoying the game on the silver district)

10 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

unless of course someone has a duplicate  name

that sort of thing happens too now and then. an old thread griped of it

almost forgot about that.

^^ exactly why i thought of that being possible

1 hour ago, liav said:

Just saying, that it's very easy to know whether a friend cheats or not. Especially when you play with them for years, you see their streams/recordings and you SEE that they simply just don't cheat. 

no its not....most don't stream or they would of been caught a lot sooner from evidence being turned in rather than us recording them ourselves.

when you play against someone and not with them then you can see if they play godly or not otherwise you are too busy killing ops

no way to really know just by having an APB friend

19 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

no its not....most don't stream or they would of been caught a lot sooner from evidence being turned in rather than us recording them ourselves.

when you play against someone and not with them then you can see if they play godly or not otherwise you are too busy killing ops

no way to really know just by having an APB friend

Ok senpai, whatever you say.