WorldDominator

What if false bans never got solved?

As mattscott said once before that it is hard to tell who is cheating and who isn't in Apb specifically, most of the inexperienced unaffected players seem to be happy with those recent bans and congratulating LO for their great work when it actually is a complete madness of them to do that so unprofessionally. Let me tell you that so many people got falsely banned

So back to the main question, do you think falsely banned players will simply reroll and start it all over again and invest more money and time in that game after years of growing their accounts just simply because of some GMs who seem like they they do not know what they are doing?

In my opinion i see that the decision of making this ban wave a thing made alot of players distrust LO even more than they already do, sadly.

This was supposed to be something important that needed to be revised 1000 times to make it flawless by banning the real cheaters only.

If you got falsely banned keep your story for the support team, Lets just wait and see what will they do 

• Like 2

The "false ban" conspiracy in this case, seems to stem from the fact that some of these players had ALL of their accounts wiped, INCLUDING the ones they did not cheat on.

• Like 10
  • Thanks 3

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

The "false ban" conspiracy in this case, seems to stem from the fact that some of these players had ALL of their accounts wiped, INCLUDING the ones they did not cheat on.

Indeed, i won't bother arguing about something like that, but that doesn't mean that there aren't people who never knew how do cheats look like on their screens and still got banned don't exist

• Like 1

the bans don’t seem to have had anything to do with GMs, so there’s that

and honestly, yes - as we’ve seen over the years players are perfectly “happy” to create new accounts even after being “falsely” banned

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

and honestly, yes - as we’ve seen over the years players are perfectly “happy” to create new accounts even after being “falsely” banned

so far, the current system while appearing a bit slow, is working behind the scenes, hidden from plain view. But again, it appears to be working.

13 minutes ago, WorldDominator said:

Indeed, i won't bother arguing about something like that, but that doesn't mean that there aren't people who never knew how do cheats look like on their screens and still got banned don't exist

If some people have, they've either voiced it on forums, and have been punished for breaking the forum rules. As evident by the big red button above. Or they've brought it up to support, and have had their situation explained.

From what MattScott has said in the past, they're doing their best to prevent false flags. So, take that information as you wish.

4 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

That goes for them blatant cheaters or closets who got lots of unnecessary money to waste on a game by either buying accounts to cheat on once again or by just creating a totally new accounts.

Not for the people i know who got banned.

• Like 1

Since I didn't read the main thread by MattScott until now, I'll help direct more information that way.

Overall, this wasn't a lot of players, but it was a large amount of accounts. This means that we banned all or most of the accounts owned by the player caught cheating - not just the account they cheated on. We tried to be extremely careful and diligent about how this was done, but at the time you get caught, all your accounts can be banned. Clearly this came as a surprise to some players. For the most part, we do allow players to reroll and come back. But that is not a free pass to cheat, damage the experience of other players, while you play consequence free on your main.

We have been working diligently with BE to improve their ability to detect and block the latest round of cheats. We have seen a big jump in global BE bans. Per our policy these are initially implemented as temp bans which give my staff a chance to review them to make sure we aren't mass banning innocent folks.

If you feel you have been banned unfairly, please make a ticket with support at https://support.gamersfirst.com. 

I know Support is still behind, and we don't want to make innocent players wait unnecessarily. @Selali has temporarily assigned some resources to review incoming tickets over the next couple days to try and address these as fast as possible without negatively impacting the rest of the players who have been patiently waiting for their issue to be addressed. We will do our best. But please be patient.

https://forums.gamersfirst.com/topic/7694-explanation-of-recent-bans/

So, if you know anyone that's been falsely banned, please refer them to support as that's the sole channel for such requests.

For any other information, Little Orbit, and BE have been doing their best to prevent the false flags and false bans by first implementing temporary bans, then settling on their decision prior to a permanent ban. In addition to this, they in fact do allow rerolls of accounts, so long as the new account does NOT cheat.

According to the post, if a person owned several accounts, then all concurrent accounts were banned, so not one account was left unpunished. Take the ban as a form of "grounding". You get your time, but you're still allowed back in to play if you'll follow the rules set by the game master.

edit: added link to thread for more clarity.

Edited by Sergsininia

They have to wait and work it out thru the support. If it was BE false positive then I guess it will be handled better than what Even Balance used to do.

It sucks and I wouldn't reroll if I was in their shoes but shit like this happen in every online game.

I mean, at least one person who cheated on stream ( no naming guys ), was banned. They claimed it was false and stated they didn't know the reason for it on the forums, was playing yesterday. They're either dealing with them quickly or something was weird with this one case. The official response is send a ticket, they'll get to it when they can. So far tickets last over 2 months, just a matter of patience.

23 hours ago, WorldDominator said:

As mattscott said once before that it is hard to tell who is cheating and who isn't in Apb specifically, most of the inexperienced unaffected players seem to be happy with those recent bans and congratulating LO for their great work when it actually is a complete madness of them to do that so unprofessionally. Let me tell you that so many people got falsely banned

So back to the main question, do you think falsely banned players will simply reroll and start it all over again and invest more money and time in that game after years of growing their accounts just simply because of some GMs who seem like they they do not know what they are doing?

In my opinion i see that the decision of making this ban wave a thing made alot of players distrust LO even more than they already do, sadly.

This was supposed to be something important that needed to be revised 1000 times to make it flawless by banning the real cheaters only.

If you got falsely banned keep your story for the support team, Lets just wait and see what will they do 

Wait until the next company takes over APB in 8 years, and once they change the anti-cheat, they'll unban everyone, just like LO did.
♫♫♪

1 hour ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

Wait until the next company takes over APB in 8 years, and once they change the anti-cheat, they'll unban everyone, just like LO did.
♫♫♪

only if there's false positives and inaccurate information for bans

3 hours ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

♫♫♪

made little difference, all the same players still played

The wheels of justice turn slowly.

Can't say the same about the dozens of threads popping up after ban-waves trying to discredit the whole system. same ol' same ol'

• Like 1

False bans can always happen, but considering that they had to unbanned all the players who were banned by FF i am sure they are more caution this time and don't want this to happen again. Reading all these complains is just funny, so are you really stating that all the players who been banned in the latest banwave were falsely banned!? Simply not possible..

10 hours ago, Thanahr said:

I mean, at least one person who cheated on stream ( no naming guys ), was banned. They claimed it was false and stated they didn't know the reason for it on the forums, was playing yesterday. They're either dealing with them quickly or something was weird with this one case. The official response is send a ticket, they'll get to it when they can. So far tickets last over 2 months, just a matter of patience.

This.

I don't know either mods are going to delete my post 10th time unreasoningly or let this stay here. But unbanning the real cheaters "constantly" isnt going to get you guys anywhere. Letting them stay around eventually will cost more than their few bucks since people barely accept play against those guys. As ive seen numerous times a whole team refuse to play against them and either leave or crash their game intentionally against the obviousness of their dirty gameplay.

Edited by ATK-
Grammer

Some people are so dump that they don't even know what wrong stuff they do.

I can imagine someone may never have cheated yet got banned because he probably made a few acoounts and sold one or a few of them and then someone cheated on those bought accounts, which connected his legit accounts with the cheated sold one.

The amount of people who trade in APB for accounts and other games is a pretty regular sight. I've seen people posting ingame they buy LOL and PUBG accounts and offer APB stuff. And of course the other way around.

Edited by LilyV3

I don't think you can "accidentaly" ban "innocent" accounts which shows evidence of being used by the same network connection.

Quit your bullshoot.

21 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

Some people are so dump

~ LilyV3 2019

Also selling accounts is illegal in pretty much every ToS I saw in every service. That way company don't receive any money, it just circles between users.

Edited by Mitne

Pretty sure with how slow they've been rolling out BattlEye as the games anti-cheat and how graceful Matt has been over the possibility of false bans. I think calling the company unprofessional is uncalled for, especially when they have admitted to double verifying bans ontop of providing additional support towards those that just got banned just incase.

Edited by Glubbable

1 hour ago, Glubbable said:

Pretty sure with how slow they've been rolling out BattlEye as the games anti-cheat and how graceful Matt has been over the possibility of false bans. I think calling the company unprofessional is uncalled for, especially when they have admitted to double verifying bans ontop of providing additional support towards those that just got banned just incase.

Well I'm just stating the few who i know they never cheated before and never will;  the ones who i had been playing with for 7 years straight and btw just as an update there has been a couple of unbans for those who recently got banned and i know that one of them cheated for sure and i even know what kind of cheat they had and who never cheated still didn't get any replies for their support ticket and ofcourse are still banned for no reason, i guess that is good enough to call these bans and the way they handle cheaters are "unprofessional"

Edited by WorldDominator
  • Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 11:36 AM, CookiePuss said:

It doesnt matter if they have one account or more.

The "false ban" conspiracy stems from rule 1 of the cheater handbook: "Dont tell anyone you're cheating, even if you're caught.".

So people who were *actually* banned for cheating will still deny any allegations because, well, only the player and the company know what actually happened.

Advocating that someone or themselves were an all time "legit" player is easier for most members of the community to bandwagon behind because players relate to other players. Players are people they can interact and communicate with on a personal and regular basis, unlike most companies. Which makes it easier to create a divide between company and player base about who is doing the "right" things.

APB has gotten a much tougher skin over the years, but it is still very easy to take the community for a wild ride.

See; Flaws.

Edited by UubeNubeh DaWog
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, UubeNubeh DaWog said:

It doesnt matter if they have one account or more.

The "false ban" conspiracy stems from rule 1 of the cheater handbook: "Dont tell anyone you're cheating, even if you're caught.".

Ahh... That's s good point too. 

It's not about whether or not they will reroll. It's about LO working with BE to increase the detection rate and speed. Even if they will reroll (which they will do) they will be getting caught faster and faster over time. I wouldn't bother myself with it. There aren't that many cheaters to begin with right now.

Also about the false ban conspiracy. Not to brag or anything but I've been playing since 2014 and sometimes I've been doing such plays that it would look like cheating even to me if I would watch a recording of it so there were countless opportunities for other players to report me. I've been also hackusated countless times like many other people here, even by really good players. Yet I was never banned a single time.

I was really waiting to be falsely banned multiple times since so many people were spreading this conspiracy about being falsely banned that it almost seemed like it's real but despite all the hackusations and everything nothing ever happened to me nor to my friends who were also really good players.

I'm not saying that there are no false bans at all but imo 99% of the false ban claims are lies which usually come from notorious rerollers.