MattScott

Explanation of recent bans

56 minutes ago, liav said:

You really don't have to, I don't care about what people think. I know that myself and close friends of mine that I know for YEARS never even touched cheat programs. So you can keep laughing, untill the next false ban wave hits you too.

this was not a false ban wave.....

10 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

none  of that was directed to you, sorry if you felt that way, I meant it as a general statement.

My apologies as well then. Normally when someone comments in that style of talking on a quote of one of my posts , it's meant at me directly so I was defensive

6 hours ago, Aroa Croft said:

I hope that someday there will be the same love that here in fallen earth

there's a separate team working on fallen earth but theres a lot of program parts of fallen earth that has to be done from scratch so its taking longer.

52 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean, you certainly could know what you did or didn't do. (whether or not you'd be honest with us or anyone else is another issue), but obviously there is no way for you to know what someone else may have done. Especially since this time cheaters lost all their accounts, not just the ones they cheated on... I wouldn't be surprised if this also included accounts of their friend's that the cheaters happened to have played on... even if they did so without cheating.

This isn't Tiggs' APB anymore. Gone are they days of catching her or her staff on a bad day and getting banned for nothing.

These players were either outright flagged by BE, or banned after a long investigation by Little Orbit.

Long story short don't cheat, don't share accounts, and you have nothing to worry about.

^^^^ THIS ( ty cookie )

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Not exactly sure what you're saying here, but I appreciate the gif.

we know why you like it....hue hue hue

12 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

It doesn't matter if it's a standard practice, speculative banning is speculative banning, and I'm against it in all circumstances.

i don’t think it’s all that speculative, iirc apb created/modified a unique file for each account/login under g1 apb

no idea if this still happens but i’d assume that’s an easy way to catch some unaware cheaters

16 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

It doesn't matter if it's a standard practice, speculative banning is speculative banning, and I'm against it in all circumstances.

Good thing to know, should you ever develop a game I guess.

1 minute ago, BXNNXD said:

i don’t think it’s all that speculative, iirc apb created/modified a unique file for each account/login under g1 apb

no idea if this still happens but i’d assume that’s an easy way to catch some unaware cheaters

Unless they're actually there, have video footage, or are Santa Claus, it's speculative.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Good thing to know, should you ever develop a game I guess.

If I ever actually release a game I doubt I'd ever tell anyone in the APB community, lol.

12 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

If I ever actually release a game I doubt I'd ever tell anyone in the APB community, lol.

But then you'd miss out on literally DOZENS of players!

😛

1 hour ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean, you certainly could know what you did or didn't do. (whether or not you'd be honest with us or anyone else is another issue), but obviously there is no way for you to know what someone else may have done. Especially since this time cheaters lost all their accounts, not just the ones they cheated on... I wouldn't be surprised if this also included accounts of their friend's that the cheaters happened to have played on... even if they did so without cheating.

This isn't Tiggs' APB anymore. Gone are they days of catching her or her staff on a bad day and getting banned for nothing.

These players were either outright flagged by BE, or banned after a long investigation by Little Orbit.

Long story short don't cheat, don't share accounts, and you have nothing to worry about.

Ok then, you're right about my friends. I couldn't be 100% sure never about them.

But one thing, I NEVER will share my account with anybody and never did.

And I was never worried until the false ban struck me.

53 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Not exactly sure what you're saying here, but I appreciate the gif.

Don't share accounts.

Oh, and don't let anyone else in your household play APB.

Don't introduce anyone to APB by letting them play a few missions on your PC.

And never play APB at a friends house.

Or an internet cafe (or any other public place.)

Or while you're away from home on work, or deployed in another country.

You know what, how about you just hook your internet directly to your PC and make sure no other PC uses it.

If you actually think LO IP bans, or even HWID bans, and you think that's alright, you're kinda' dumb TBH.

And basically what he said too.

2 minutes ago, liav said:

Ok then, you're right about my friends. I couldn't be 100% sure never about them.

And I was never worried until the false ban struck me.

Well then I wish you luck.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Wonder if they hit people for macros in the wave as well /speculation

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Thank you, I guess.

It's just depressing that you KNOW you did nothing wrong and nobody believes you.

Just now, Noob_Guardian said:

Wonder if they hit people for macros in the wave as well /speculation

Macros are dumb and useless, I don't think it should be bannable.

My freaking fingers go the same speed as a macro. and if that macro makes your gun shoot faster, than that's a cheat program, not a macro.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, liav said:

Preach it.

5 hours ago, liav said:

Thank you, I guess.

It's just depressing that you KNOW you did nothing wrong and nobody believes you.

My freaking fingers go the same speed as a macro. and if that macro makes your gun shoot faster, than that's a cheat program, not a macro.

You're fingers can fire at the exact firerate needed for max rof? What about the exact ms firerate to prevent bloom on certain weapons? How about perfect recoil handling with every verticle shot from every sniper/ar in game?

Macros are banned because they can negate recoil, hit min ttk every time, and set a ttk to certain guns that makes them lasers when they shouldn't be. They make macros legal, people will be openly able to do this bs again. (not that they don't do it already)

p.s. no cheat programs in apb can make the gun fire faster than min rof/ttk aside from using CJ. just sayin

Edited by Noob_Guardian

6 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

As I understood Matt's post, this seems to be a special circumstance, and wasn't even applied to all the players banned in this wave.

LO hasn't given the details on how they knew which accounts to ban when banning all of a players accounts tho, so all we can really do is speculate.

In any case, I did not get the impression that this would become a standard practice, but who knows really.

I wonder how they decided which acc to ban. They banned some players who had been banned during fairfight on their alts, and players who only had been banned on their main accs. At the very same time, they didn’t ban main accs of those who got banned by battleye. 

Edited by Lign

22 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

You're fingers can fire at the exact firerate needed for max rof? What about the exact ms firerate to prevent bloom on certain weapons? How about perfect recoil handling with every verticle shot from every sniper/ar in game?

Macros are banned because they can negate recoil, hit min ttk every time, and set a ttk to certain guns that makes them lasers when they shouldn't be. They make macros legal, people will be openly able to do this bs again. (not that they don't do it already)

p.s. no cheat programs in apb can make the gun fire faster than min rof/ttk aside from using CJ. just sayin

Sure, macros can do one thing at a time very well, but macros are limiting in that they only do one thing well at a time, and thus if you rely on macros you lose versatility. If you were to make a macro for the N-TEC, for example, it would only be optimized for one way you shoot the N-TEC, when there are many delays and patterns you should be firing in N-TEC in to get the most out of it at every range.

Ultimately macros only really help bad players in the long term, and even then they limit said player. That's my take on it at least.

(As for recoil, vertical recoil in APB is kinda' a joke in APB on 99% of guns anyways.)

3 hours ago, Noob_Guardian said:

Everything you mentioned here doesn't seem like a mouse macro, It's just simply a script named as "macro" but it's literally counted as cheats, I mean. Changing the weapons ttk? neglecting recoil? That's cheats my man. And I'm not talking about cheats such as "trigachi" or ragekings etc. Just private scripts made by rookie coders.

10 hours ago, liav said:

I never said that you had to do it willingly.

Using easy or same password on multiple services, can do the trick.

For all the cry babies out there who don't want to admit it.

1. Don't cheat. 

2. Don't give your account to anyone else.

Then you should be fine.

People complain when nothing gets done about the cheating

LO bans cheaters, the community still complains,

This is why I cannot stand this community. Always complaining. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

For all the cry babies out there who don't want to admit it.

1. Don't cheat. 

2. Don't give your account to anyone else.

Then you should be fine.

People complain when nothing gets done about the cheating

LO bans cheaters, the community still complains,

This is why I cannot stand this community. Always complaining. 

You're smart, just wait till you get falsely banned once, ape.

Just now, liav said:

Why should we be worried about a false ban when G1 was using fairfight to justify sketchy bans?

We have neither now and Little Orbit does a thorough job of investigating , which the community knows full well because they complained about it just a week or two before these bans *shrugs*

And anyways if someone for some reason did get falsely banned im sure they will unban them but i don't believe anyone crying on the forums that they got falsely banned and im sure Little Orbit did the right thing and didn't falsely ban anyone...

4 hours ago, liav said:

maybe it wasn’t a ban for cheating

hmmm

3 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

hmmm

Blank+_c1a6f759cc1ff236c488b776f97d1c57.

4 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

hmmm

I mean, they're generally pretty clear about that, aren't they?

13 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Sure, macros can do one thing at a time very well, but macros are limiting in that they only do one thing well at a time, and thus if you rely on macros you lose versatility. If you were to make a macro for the N-TEC, for example, it would only be optimized for one way you shoot the N-TEC, when there are many delays and patterns you should be firing in N-TEC in to get the most out of it at every range.

Ultimately macros only really help bad players in the long term, and even then they limit said player. That's my take on it at least.

(As for recoil, vertical recoil in APB is kinda' a joke in APB on 99% of guns anyways.)

People macro'd qs, ntec (if mouse and keyboard supports macros, they could just set it to different profiles for each weapon for easy toggle.) carbines, yes they are good at "one thing" but do you really think people are dumb in when to activate it or not? Some ofc are, but really, where's the downside in macroing an fbw? or having 2 fire buttons?

10 hours ago, zyde said:

Everything you mentioned here doesn't seem like a mouse macro, It's just simply a script named as "macro" but it's literally counted as cheats, I mean. Changing the weapons ttk? neglecting recoil? That's cheats my man. And I'm not talking about cheats such as "trigachi" or ragekings etc. Just private scripts made by rookie coders.

wrong, people have made no recoil macros using macro programs like razor synapse. I could easily set up a qsing macro (back when qsing mattered), a macro that would move down "x" amount automatically when I fired or held in for (snipers or ntec) using my razor mouse if I wanted. An old vet made some to prove what macros are capable of, I can't find the videos but they existed. 

Macros let you fire a gun within the game's limited TTK, ex. FBW has a fire interval of .2s. So you just set the macro to fire every .2 to .20001 seconds and you now have the best ttk on the pistol in all situations. Same with carbines. You can set the ntec rof to have perfect bloom so you just hold down the mouse button/macro button and spray, bonus points for adding in a recoil movement in the macro so you don't worry about moving down at all. Can even then switch it up, left mouse for normal fire another mouse button for macro trigger.

This is why macros are banned. They allow unfair advantages. Especially for people who know how to abuse them.

Edited by Noob_Guardian

27 minutes ago, Noob_Guardian said:

People macro'd qs, ntec (if mouse and keyboard supports macros, they could just set it to different profiles for each weapon for easy toggle.) carbines, yes they are good at "one thing" but do you really think people are dumb in when to activate it or not? Some ofc are, but really, where's the downside in macroing an fbw? or having 2 fire buttons?

I didn't say that people bind macros to LMB, but a crutch is a crutch, and it will gimp you in the end.

Sure, they can give short-term benefit, but ultimately they'll limit your growth and even cause atrophy, and in the case of macros for an ultimately minute benefit.