MattScott

Explanation of recent bans

Good riddance. The cleaning before the engine upgrade.

• Like 2

PLEASE CHECK OUT FIGHT CLUB AND BAN TRIGGERBOTTER AND MACRO USER PLEASE !!!

FIGHT CLUB IS STILL FILLED WITH CHEATERS,PLEASE BAN THEM ,TAKE THIS FOLKS DOWN !!!

I REALLY WANNA PLAY MORE APB ,BUT NOT UNDER THIS CIRCUMSTANCES.

• Like 4

Not everyone cheats, some people are just good.

15 minutes ago, Atomkraftwerk said:

PLEASE CHECK OUT FIGHT CLUB AND BAN TRIGGERBOTTER AND MACRO USER PLEASE !!!

FIGHT CLUB IS STILL FILLED WITH CHEATERS,PLEASE BAN THEM ,TAKE THIS FOLKS DOWN !!!

I REALLY WANNA PLAY MORE APB ,BUT NOT UNDER THIS CIRCUMSTANCES.

Yup, they missed a few. Come play now MattScott, double dare 🙂

12 minutes ago, Thial said:

Not everyone cheats, some people are just good.

Honestly it would be better if everyone cheated at this point. Just get rid of the hacked anti-cheat and let everyone do what they want.

Look at the forum names and titles, its the same cheating buddy buddy squad since like forever. Huge fail and facepalm. Have fun in this cheater game!

idPaftu.jpg

Edited by DeepLearningSuperSampling
  • Like 3

If you look for it on the web....

There is a small group of people active on the site that's currently the main cheat-developer for little apb. They sell it, includes the bypass.

There is a small group of people active on the site which rmt-sells armas guns for real money. Huge pile of guns is being offered though by a few people.

There is a small group of people who are very active with cheating alt accounts.

There is a small group of hardcore trolls that don't play here, it's what they do for a living.

And finally we have a few suckers who buy their junk.

We have around 300 concurrent people online. If you can't spot the weirdos you're a troll yourself.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, ExpectoPatronum said:

If you look for it on the web....

There is a small group of people active on the site that's currently the main cheat-developer for little apb. They sell it, includes the bypass.

There is a small group of people active on the site which rmt-sells armas guns for real money. Huge pile of guns is being offered though by a few people.

There is a small group of people who are very active with cheating alt accounts.

There is a small group of hardcore trolls that don't play here, it's what they do for a living.

And finally we have a few suckers who buy their junk.

We have around 300 concurrent people online. If you can't spot the weirdos you're a troll yourself.

dude everyone that has been playing here for a few years knows this, that's what makes it so funny; they really still act like nobody knows. In the game. On this forum.

the only one and big question was; on which side will matt be ...

matt acts like we are dumb kids, lol

Edited by DeepLearningSuperSampling
  • Like 1

MATT SCOTT DONT YOU SEE THIS ?????? Today Im like 5 hours in Abington Tower 1 Fight Club,and CHEATERS AGAIN MAKING A FAKE SCORE LIKE 58 KILLS AND 4 DEATHS ,and many more people fully loaded triggerbot or macro user AHK and teleporting around ,PLEASE BAN QUICKER ! WE DONT HAVE TIME FOR THIS ,ON WHICH SIDE ARE YOU ? YOU HAVE TO BAN EVERYDAY CHEATER OUT OF FIGHT CLUB ,COME ON ,THERE ARE ONLY 40 PEOPLE AND ONE SCOREBOARD ,ITS REALLY NOT THAT HARD TO BAN THEM PLEASE !

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Hypothesis said:

if you are frequently grouping with cheaters and you do believe they are cheating and you are grouping up with them for the wins and carry - you are equally guilty. There are those who support the cheaters for a token of thanks of carrying. 

Did I EVER say the ones who admittedly know should get away with it?

Was my post anything to do with  how I would not know?

You ignored the valid points I have to say to punish people (as well as worded it in a way to accuse me gee thanks).

A reminder to everyone that naming and shaming players, regardless of context, is against forum rules. Encouraging users to name others is also not allowed.

-Spuzva

14 hours ago, Fortune Runner said:

Did I EVER say the ones who admittedly know should get away with it?

Was my post anything to do with  how I would not know?

You ignored the valid points I have to say to punish people (as well as worded it in a way to accuse me gee thanks).

none  of that was directed to you, sorry if you felt that way, I meant it as a general statement.

On 1/25/2019 at 10:03 PM, MattScott said:

Hi all,

Over the last couple days, a significant amount of accounts were banned. 

We do not normally acknowledge or discuss these bans, because it's a toxic behavior, and I believe the community is better off without it.

However, my mods have had to deal with several posts about the issue, and I also believe in being upfront with the community when there is a situation.

For context, I recently posted publicly that we were tracking a number of cheats/hacks and that we were working with BattlEye to detect and block them.

Over the last couple days, many accounts were finally banned as we wrap up that process.

This included two groups.

1) Accounts permanently banned based on company evidence

These were all researched by my team so that proper evidence could be directly collected and added to their account. I do want to thank the many players who reached out with copies of cheats, videos of evidence, and the vast amount of /reports that were collected and processed by our analytics systems. All of these things helped us identify problem areas.

Overall, this wasn't a lot of players, but it was a large amount of accounts. This means that we banned all or most of the accounts owned by the player caught cheating - not just the account they cheated on. We tried to be extremely careful and diligent about how this was done, but at the time you get caught, all your accounts can be banned. Clearly this came as a surprise to some players. For the most part, we do allow players to reroll and come back. But that is not a free pass to cheat, damage the experience of other players, while you play consequence free on your main.

2) Accounts temp banned based on new BattlEye detections

We have been working diligently with BE to improve their ability to detect and block the latest round of cheats. We have seen a big jump in global BE bans. Per our policy these are initially implemented as temp bans which give my staff a chance to review them to make sure we aren't mass banning innocent folks.

If you feel you have been banned unfairly, please make a ticket with support at https://support.gamersfirst.com.

I know Support is still behind, and we don't want to make innocent players wait unnecessarily. @Selali has temporarily assigned some resources to review incoming tickets over the next couple days to try and address these as fast as possible without negatively impacting the rest of the players who have been patiently waiting for their issue to be addressed. We will do our best. But please be patient.

Finally, I understand the temptation to make the game easier by cheating, but please don't. We continue to build out our internal systems, and over time they will get better and better. While you may get away with it for a while, you open the door to losing all of your accounts. A number of very unhappy players today learned that all their progress and even real money spent on the game was lost, and they wont be able to participate in engine upgrade or any of the other new content coming.

For that I am deeply sorry.

Thanks,
Matt

Good news, at least I wish that one of those who have received a ban also plays the fallen earth, since that way he will no longer play the fallen earth since the accounts go together I think.

The cheats they use in both games are similar, although I think that what they call triggerbot is what they use the most, according to the community, and they hide it in the memory of the mouse or keyboard.

I hope that someday there will be the same love that here in fallen earth ... and that there will be anticheat and that finally I will be able to play it, a greeting and thanks again for the good work

On 1/25/2019 at 2:03 PM, MattScott said:

For the most part, we do allow players to reroll and come back. But that is not a free pass to cheat, damage the experience of other players, while you play consequence free on your main.

MFW I read this line:

yum.gif

I really appreciate your hard work, I really do. 

But you really should be careful about those bans, I know a massive amount of friends of mine including myself that were falsely banned. 

I personally would rather have a game full of cheaters than getting banned on my account... I've never been so bored in my last week without the game and I feel like you should do something better than this crappy program of Battleye. I personally didn't cheat and never will, but I know how easy it is to bypass this anticheat and that people STILL run at the moment cheating BLATANTLY which means speed hacks and more. Kinda sad that dozens of legit players are banned while they aren't.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

KQ0mqD3.gif

You really don't have to, I don't care about what people think. I know that myself and close friends of mine that I know for YEARS never even touched cheat programs. So you can keep laughing, untill the next false ban wave hits you too.

You don't have to touch cheats.

Someone who used your account credentials, even from another country, can do it for you.

1 minute ago, liav said:

You really don't have to, I don't care about what people think. I know that myself and close friends of mine that I know for YEARS never even touched cheat programs. So you can keep laughing, untill the next false ban wave hits you too.

I mean, you certainly could know what you did or didn't do. (whether or not you'd be honest with us or anyone else is another issue), but obviously there is no way for you to know what someone else may have done. Especially since this time cheaters lost all their accounts, not just the ones they cheated on... I wouldn't be surprised if this also included accounts of their friend's that the cheaters happened to have played on... even if they did so without cheating.

This isn't Tiggs' APB anymore. Gone are they days of catching her or her staff on a bad day and getting banned for nothing.

These players were either outright flagged by BE, or banned after a long investigation by Little Orbit.

Long story short don't cheat, don't share accounts, and you have nothing to worry about.

• Like 1

"I know a massive amount of friends of mine including myself that were falsely banned"2x 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

MFW I read this line:

yum.gif

Not exactly sure what you're saying here, but I appreciate the gif.

32 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean, you certainly could know what you did or didn't do. (whether or not you'd be honest with us or anyone else is another issue), but obviously there is no way for you to know what someone else may have done. Especially since this time cheaters lost all their accounts, not just the ones they cheated on... I wouldn't be surprised if this also included accounts of their friend's that the cheaters happened to have played on... even if they did so without cheating.

This isn't Tiggs' APB anymore. Gone are they days of catching her or her staff on a bad day and getting banned for nothing.

These players were either outright flagged by BE, or banned after a long investigation by Little Orbit.

Long story short don't cheat, don't share accounts, and you have nothing to worry about.

Don't share accounts.

Oh, and don't let anyone else in your household play APB.

Don't introduce anyone to APB by letting them play a few missions on your PC.

And never play APB at a friends house.

Or an internet cafe (or any other public place.)

Or while you're away from home on work, or deployed in another country.

You know what, how about you just hook your internet directly to your PC and make sure no other PC uses it.

If you actually think LO IP bans, or even HWID bans, and you think that's alright, you're kinda' dumb TBH.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

If you actually think LO IP bans, or even HWID bans, and you think that's alright, you're kinda' dumb TBH.

Calm down... they dont.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

Calm down... they dont.

I didn't say they did.

What you said yourself though strongly implied you think they either IP or HWID ban, so I can only go off of what you were saying when talking about your personal views.

Care to explain what you were saying though if you think sharing an account with someone who cheats can get you banned, without them cheating, but also think there's no HWID or IP bans?

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

I didn't say they did.

What you said yourself though strongly implied you think they either IP or HWID ban, so I can only go off of what you were saying when talking about your personal views.

Care to explain what you were saying though if you think sharing an account with someone who cheats can get you banned, without them cheating, but also think there's no HWID or IP bans?

As I understood Matt's post, this seems to be a special circumstance, and wasn't even applied to all the players banned in this wave.

LO hasn't given the details on how they knew which accounts to ban when banning all of a players accounts tho, so all we can really do is speculate.

In any case, I did not get the impression that this would become a standard practice, but who knows really.

1 hour ago, liav said:

I personally would rather have a game full of cheaters than getting banned on my account... 

Uhm, no.
giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

As I understood Matt's post, this seems to be a special circumstance, and wasn't even applied to all the players banned in this wave.

LO hasn't given the details on how they knew which accounts to ban when banning all of a players accounts tho, so all we can really do is speculate.

In any case, I did not get the impression that this would become a standard practice, but who knows really.

It doesn't matter if it's a standard practice, speculative banning is speculative banning, and I'm against it in all circumstances.

• Like 1