MattScott

Explanation of recent bans

Really glad you made your research and are now pulling through with your decision.

Cycle of ban&unban really started to alienate me.

Won't say there have never been false-bans however it did strike me odd that it was usually the same clientèle and flock of players that was hit by those wrong sentences.

To weird it never hit any of my close gamer buddies or me. Today to those reoccurring names&friends maybe it's really time to take a second look with whom you surround yourself.

Also as you can see LO - trying to hide that cheating is part of APB will always backfire.

Be open with it and your honest playerbase will thank you. Add whatever rules you see fit but don't sweep it under the carpet.

• Like 3

> If you feel you have been banned unfairly, please make a ticket with support at https://support.gamersfirst.com.

I've uninstalled the game in August after 48 hours account suspension, out of fear to get banned and lose all the premium stuff I got - even though I didn't participate in PvP since May, then I've played couple rounds in action districts + couple rounds in fighting club with k/d ratio like 1:5 (I'm bad). I've sold symbols on exchange and transported stolen cars few times a week + got shot by notorious players and returned fire in the process handful of times. When I've asked support about the reason of suspension - explanation was "cheating" instead of "false positive". I don't believe company has enough expertise to spot the difference. Maybe a year or two later.

Good luck to everyone involved!

Edited by Letter

THANK YOU; Thank You and Your Staff for your efforts in this matter, and thanx for letting us know.

A note of Good Faith for us legit's and a Sign of Karma for the Hax

/Thumbsup  👍

Is it bad that I noticed several names on my friends list haven't logged in recently?

3 minutes ago, Zolerox said:

Is it bad that I noticed several names on my friends list haven't logged in recently?

It's APB: if anything it's good that they aren't playing.   😜

While I do agree that too much information regarding who got banned will lead to toxicity. I do very much believe that posts like these atleast once a while should definitely be something you actually do without a special reason, because it gives reassurement to everyone else that you are working on it. 

Edited by VanilleKeks
  • Like 5

Thanks for the honesty. And a great job improving the anti cheat!

2 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

I feel sorry for the support and that upcoming mess to handle. Now all those cheaters will write a more or less crappy and soemtimes very adventurous ticket of how they were wrongly banned, got their account hacked or their brother using the cheat. On the other side yu could fill a evening with popcrn on those stories.

GL with that LO.

It makes me cringe thinking about what stress they may have to go through with that.

1 hour ago, Tigrix said:

So when Matt posts about the issue with cheaters, it's not just another silver cryin' add it to the pile? 

There were certain posters who made extremely impossible accusations that they themselves discredited.

that's when we expect zombie to do their job and post that.

Like yes literally zombies job since the community assigned it to zombie for some reason

Anyways for those who were saying to just "ban them now" in those posts , they can not come back with that cheat and there is substantial evidence to support it.

This is why many of us were saying no anti cheat is 100 percent and to be patient because it was a matter of time before it happened.

And it happened a lot faster than the ones posting gave credit for including us who said to be patient.

I am sad to see people banned as I am not the type of person who likes to wish bad things to happen to people

However when a person does something intentionally that they know is wrong it can not be excused or it would allow and justify it instead.

Accountability must be made in such a case.

I hope they learn from this and reform themselves to being better people as some have done.

Cheaters are selfish and thoughtless, I am happy with this news.

Good news.

I hope this to prevent rerolls too.

5 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

Good news.

I hope this to prevent rerolls too.

3 hours ago, MattScott said:

This means that we banned all or most of the accounts owned by the player caught cheating - not just the account they cheated on. We tried to be extremely careful and diligent about how this was done, but at the time you get caught, all your accounts can be banned. Clearly this came as a surprise to some players. For the most part, we do allow players to reroll and come back. But that is not a free pass to cheat, damage the experience of other players, while you play consequence free on your main.

Sounds like they have no intention to prevent rerolls, which is fine by me TBH.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, safdfsgkjhdgsjkhs said:

Daily silver getting owned in APB thread thrw it in the bin, thanks.

this looks really similar to something else i've seen on the forums

CooperativeSpotlessDutchsmoushond-max-1m

Edited by SLICKIEM

Nice way to feeling welcomed, last time I stopped playing for something around a whole year I just came back right when LO took over G1, now I stopped playing since August 2018 and came back to play yesterday and today this great news arise.

Not just thank you for the effort you and your team does and for keeping us informed, but also thank you for taking into consideration what the players point out about these issues.

Also, as someone said, there will still be some very experienced veterans who might still hide their cheats very well, since wallhacks is something nearly impossible to detect and GMs presence will always be limited by the perception of the GM itself along with the ability of the cheater to pretend they play legit along with the chances that their hacks can also let them notice if an invisible admin is spectating them.

But disregarding our guessing and assumptions it is a big deal to know you are getting rid of these bad elements of the community.

Regards!

7 hours ago, Kewlin said:

It's APB: if anything it's good that they aren't playing.   😜

Most of my friendlist hasn't even logged in since Colby days. 😞

30 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Most of my friendlist hasn't even logged in since Colby days. 😞

TFW I'll never know what happened to the first person I befriended on APB.

(Granted, I wasn't at all close to him.)

“We’re banned some ppl or maybe not you’ll never know is it truth or maybe not”

Gg

8 hours ago, Kewlin said:

Sounds like they have no intention to prevent rerolls, which is fine by me TBH.

If they would reroll legit, sure, but we know that is not the regular case with these people. 

2 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

If they would reroll legit, sure, but we know that is not the regular case with these people. 

"Bruh. I was always legit. Just cause this is my 15th account doesn't mean I'm not this time."

• Like 1