Lign

False ban wave?

False bans have happened in the past, but nowhere near as many as people try to claim.

• Like 1

Not sure what happened, but let's not jump to conclusions.

I expect there will be a statement soon, perhaps.

No anti-cheat is 100% fool proof, so maybe some legitimate players got caught in the net. We don't know for sure, however.

If possible, I'd ask if people chill for a bit and wait for an official post about it.

Edited by Kempington
  • Like 2

Could any of the banned people step forward and tell us the supposed reason for their ban? Might help shed some light.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Could any of the banned people step forward and tell us the supposed reason for their ban? Might help shed some light.

That's the problem, I personally don't know the reason I was banned for, as I didn't recieve any notification on my email. I'm guessing that no one else has any emails too.

Edited by spraytag

Could it be a ban due to configs?

1 minute ago, I3ox said:

If that was the case, half of the current online would be banned.

Can you tell if it's an automatic 3-day ban (i.e. based on BattlEye false positive) or a permanent one?

13 minutes ago, Kempington said:

Not sure what happened, but let's not jump to conclusions.

I expect there will be a statement soon, perhaps.

No anti-cheat is 100% fool proof, so maybe some legitimate players got caught in the net. We don't know for sure, however.

If possible, I'd ask if people chill for a bit and wait for an official post about it.

All known banned players got banned today in the morning all together

10 minutes ago, I3ox said:

Definitely not, as not everyone who uses configs (and streams using them) got banned.

maybe banning for account selling 😎 

@youknowhoyouare

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, MartisLTU said:

Playing since 2013 .. never hade "false" ban. Maybe because i never used any 3 party software along APB ? .... even crosshair sraders is taboo in my eyes.

ap,550x550,12x12,1,transparent,t.u1.png

^this

dont use 3rd party software or change files scrubs

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Halelulia said:

^this

dont use 3rd party software or change files scrubs

they dont ban for configs bro

8 minutes ago, preo said:

they dont ban for configs bro

Matt has stated that removal of world sounds, smoke, and muzzle flashes are not allowed.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Hello all,

Please remember that talking about support actions taken against your account publicly is against our Terms of Service. If you feel like your account has been falsely banned, please contact support and you can have the conversation there with one of our staff. Please do not contact support on behalf of others and please provide the full details related to your account to help to expedite the process.

Thank you.

Selali

3 minutes ago, Selali said:

Hello all,

Please remember that talking about support actions taken against your account publicly is against our Terms of Service. If you feel like your account has been falsely banned, please contact support and you can have the conversation there with one of our staff. Please do not contact support on behalf of others and please provide the full details related to your account to help to expedite the process.

Thank you.

Selali

I don't think in this case ppl should contact support

Edited by Lign
  • Like 3

35 minutes ago, Selali said:

Hello all,

Thank you.

Selali

That's good and all , but you're asking people that might have been falsely banned to wait months to get their account back , im not affected by this at all , but i think this should be looked into instead of checking individual cases.

As rarely as i say stuff like that, this is exactly how you lose players and their trust.

Edited by Ketog
Typos , thanks weeb.
  • Like 6

2 minutes ago, Selali said:

Hello all,

Thank you.

Selali

there is no point to contact support, cuz i'll die faster than support will answer

• Like 7

11 minutes ago, Selali said:

Please remember that talking about support actions taken against your account publicly is against our Terms of Service.

I'm speechless 

Imagine being so bad at APB that you buy cheats and still remain silver; being so bad, zero game sense, and still being worse than average despite playing with 100% aimlock.

Also why mods hiding posts rather than deleting them?

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

Getting banned after stream, and the GM has the audacity to message one of my friends on discord. You know who you are GM. Several people clearly know im not cheating, but i joke about cheats and get banned. This GM has the worst decision making, it would be better if they actually played the game and could tell the difference. No faith in this company, looks like the return of the Tiggs false ban days, where legit players were getting banned and blatant cheaters were still running about.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, transverse said:

Getting banned after stream, and the GM has the audacity to message one of my friends on discord. You know who you are GM. Several people clearly know im not cheating, but i joke about cheats and get banned. This GM has the worst decision making, it would be better if they actually played the game and could tell the difference. No faith in this company, looks like the return of the Tiggs false ban days, where legit players were getting banned and blatant cheaters were still running about.

If a GM is acting in an unprofessional manner, you can contact Lixil directly, she takes that stuff very seriously.

Just now, CookiePuss said:

If a GM is acting in an unprofessional manner, you can contact Lixil directly, she takes that stuff very seriously.

Shame that it is a GM currently employed by LO and not a volunteer

Just now, transverse said:

Shame that it is a GM currently employed by LO and not a volunteer

Lixil is LO staff too....

"legit players werde getting banned and blatant cheaters werde still running around" when i read this i get literally cancer. No Offense but when those players got caught again after their unban i dont have any humor for it. they broke the rules several times under tiggs/FF got now their ....th Chance and still cant play fair which results they got caught again 

• Like 3

As some mentioned. Could be account selling and not just cheating.
Cheats, acc selling, whatever. Lots of people got banned and it's good day for us. I've seen false bans myself and every time when it happened, they got their accounts back.

So, if you got false ban, contact support and make sure you say everything to help them to understand.

• Like 3