Sign in to follow this  

Why not? Let me know what you think!

Event Districts  

7 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see these features in a Event District?

• Yes
    • No
    • Maybe, i'll explain to you

Hey, how are you all?

Was thinking about old good years, you know.. 2010/11/12/13/14 and the first part of 2015, when GamersFirst introducted forbidden areas, instant respawn, invisible walls and out of bounds 10 secs timer everywhere.

Obviously you probably thinking "Is that related to the topic title?" well yes, in a way im going to explain.

Back in those years was so much fun to do different type of videos, tons of out of map areas, hours spent just jumping around with your friends up into building roofs, windows and more.. now this isn't possible anymore sadly, due to changes made i've explained above to you.

So.. why don't create an official way to do all things together.

Event Districts (Financial, Waterfront, Baylan and Asylum) New Features:

- Actual Events such as San Valentine, XMAS, Halloween, Easter, Mug, Anarchy, Gun Game, Minigames etc;

- Can explore all out of bounds/forbidden areas (included water roofs etc) without forbidden areas/out of bounds and timers scripts running;

- Avoid missions during exploring time (example: You are currently exploring Out of Bounds Areas and will not receive missions.);

- Add easter eggs hidden everywhere with achivements to collect and at the end give rewards such as unique skins or clothes, players will be able to enjoy the exploring time more than before;

- No pedestrians or cars, just parked ones.

Probably more..

The actual idea came thanks to @heysie! We talked abit about things and after sometime i've decided to write a public topic. :classic_happy:

I think would be a great idea to leave open and online Event Districts, i feel an annoying thing to turn them off/on everytime just for an event during approx. 10/15 days.

Honestly i miss old days.. tons of youtube videos done with friends doing these type of things around all districts.. now we got invisible walls or instant respawn too if we jump more than 40/50 meters from the ground.

I know many places those should be playable areas but if you stand there with your character you will get respawn timer or instant death, not fun.

These changes maybe could bring old stuntman's back in the game or not, i don't know but i would really love to be able doing thigns like these.

I still have my ways to explore everything but isn't easier than the old method, just jump or run and you were done.

Extra Suggestion:

Add back APB Reloaded / All Points Bulletin as category when going to upload a youtube video.

Edited by Guest

Just disable the OOB boxes whilst not in a mission, have them only active during missions or events that you're participating in. 

Having more little things like easter eggs in the OOB areas would be nice, but, add these little things once all the code and such is updated and cleaned up, one step at a time.

As for the APB:R/All Points Bulletin category for youtube, I believe Matt said its not in their control but they have attempted to contact Youtube about this.

P.S. Your English ain't that bad~

Edited by Nanometic
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Yes to turning off OOB when you're not in a mission.

No to exploration based Easter egg/achievements. They add nothing to the game but an hour or two of time for a player. It is content that requires more development time than it is worth. It will be fired out, completed, and never touched within a week.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Nanometic said:

Just disable the OOB boxes whilst not in a mission, have them only active during missions or events that you're participating in. 

Having more little things like easter eggs in the OOB areas would be nice, but, add these little things once all the code and such is updated and cleaned up, one step at a time.

As for the APB:R/All Points Bulletin category for youtube, I believe Matt said its not in their control but they have attempted to contact Youtube about this.

P.S. Your English ain't that bad~

Thank you for being honest, well yes, step by step, didn't meant an update for this engine, maybe when the new one will come.

Understood

P.S Didn't expected that but anyway thank you :classic_laugh:

24 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Yes to turning off OOB when you're not in a mission.

No to exploration based Easter egg/achievements. They add nothing to the game but an hour or two of time for a player. It is content that requires more development time than it is worth. It will be fired out, completed, and never touched within a week.

Thank you too for being honest, well i think the thing about easter eggs isn't that bad but should be nicely done and bring something to players, yes it will requires more tha expected, this is why i dont' think at the end this will be something to get in the game, just an idea/suggestion i had.

16 hours ago, Cheeseburger! said:

Too much to read. I just voted randomly. 

🤦‍♂️..