TheTankBal

Do Something About This Already!

9 minutes ago, Me Loco said:

Most of the players who are gold and play in bronze districts are actually silvers

Yeah, that's because all the golds are in the silver districts so the silvers go to the bronze district. Somewhat natural reaction.

Edited by I3ox
fixed my grammer a bit
  • Like 1

On 1/24/2019 at 3:13 AM, TheTankBal said:

why hasnt there been a auto-kicking put in plave that kicks golds/max ranks out of bronze yet?

8KEexBR.png

its geting really old fast having golds feeding on low skilled players like me cuz there crap in there own server.. at the very least has a GM in the damn server to kick someone once they hit gold/maxrank....

Looking at the teams... The bronze for 3 kills with 5 deaths but with 2 medals.

At that rank, I'd have to believed that character is a reroll and not a main character/new player and used to be a silver threat account.

Kinda rude to kick players like that in my opinion.Its enough not to be able to start missions(press K)when player become gold in bronze district.When press K-message appears to change district and thats it.Same can be for golds in silver districts.Im high silver for example(max 255 gold right now but silver skills)When im forced to play in gold districts i know ill drop back to my threat in max 2-3 matches(even in 1 if i get destroyed badly)So im gonna play most time in my own threat district.I can even try in bronze but ill get gold there fast so ill have to go to gold district.So..thats how people will play most of time against players theyr skill lvls(or close to dat)I think this can be good temporally solution for matchmaking

Edited by TheMessiah

1 hour ago, I3ox said:

Yeah, that's because all the golds are in the silver districts so the silvers go to the bronze district. Somewhat natural reaction.

And this has been a problem for a long time and could have been avoided if they done something about it

On 1/24/2019 at 12:37 PM, I3ox said:

when G1 did this the number of players dropped noticeably and with a player base of 700 ish that's not an option. This should be dealt with when we have a better threat system and a bigger player base. I know that players are going to stop playing if we don't fix this as well, but there really isn't a good solution to this with the current threat system  (just a thought/opinion) 

1 minute ago, Me Loco said:

And this has been a problem for a long time and could have been avoided if they done something about it

There have been efforts to fix this, but it only backfired read the other response I sent.

Just now, I3ox said:

There have been efforts to fix this, but it only backfired read the other response I sent.

You really think i don't know how they tried to fix it and failed, what did they do then, put it back as it was and left it just like they abandon most of the problems the game has

19 minutes ago, Me Loco said:

You really think i don't know how they tried to fix it and failed, what did they do then, put it back as it was and left it just like they abandon most of the problems the game has

I think you don't understand how complex this problem is. As you said, "if they did something about it". There is no simple fix to this short or long term at the moments since first of all we have a bad threat system and we have a fair bit of players that are "in between" the threats. as someone said "some gold arent golds"
The problem with the first fix was the effect of it had a worse effect than what they tried to fix and was therefore removed.

Edited by I3ox

25 minutes ago, Me Loco said:

You're asking for a simple, quick solution to a problem that is extremely complex and one that several multi-million games have issues with. Matchmaking is a huge problem in gaming that doesn't already have some of the huge issues naturally inborn into APB.

At the moment, as far as I can tell, the biggest issue that APB's MM and threat system has is player pools. In any district, the ABSOLUTE MAXIMUM number of people you can be matched with is 40, and that's assuming no one is in a mission already, and that everyone has k'd up. Realistically, you have an average MM pool of maybe 10-15 people per district and even that I am worried might be a high estimate. If none of those people are a good match for you and your group (which adds yet another dimension to this already big problem), the game has 2 options: Either it leaves you unopposed, or it matches poorly. We know the former happens relatively frequently if you are playing with a wildly mixed group, and the latter only really happens after you've waited quite a long time in an unopposed mission.

This is why district phasing is so important. It would dramatically increase the potential for viable matches and it would eliminate the need for having segregated servers, which again would help the MM along. combine that with people actually reporting dethreating (use /report, select griefing, then select dethreating) and it could make the game a lot more playable, even in slower hours. For now we just kinda have to bite the bullet and take it until we get that district phasing.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, CookiePuss said:

Its already been stated several times that district phasing as well as threat reworking will come after 3.5 is up and stable.

You can stop making these threads now.

finally someone with brain.

3 minutes ago, TheTankBal said:

if cookie is telling the truth then i'll take the L but as of right now it just sucks. 

I am. 

And it does. 

21 hours ago, I3ox said:

I think you don't understand how complex this problem is. 

20 hours ago, WhiskeyTangoFoxX said:

You're asking for a simple, quick solution to a problem that is extremely complex and one that several multi-million games have issues with. Matchmaking is a huge problem in gaming that doesn't already have some of the huge issues naturally inborn into APB.

Where did i state the the problem is easy to fix? I just said they tried to fix it once...failed then gave up and didn't bother finding any better solution. This kind of problems should have been their top priority. One of the reasons why APB player base is so low is because the learning curve is so long and new players have to play against players who have over 2k hours. Of course if you get pwned every mission you don't feel like playing the game anymore so you loose interest and move on to another one

Much as I feel your frustration, OP, your originally suggested solution isn't going to work. There have been a lot of threads discussing an assortment of methods - And not just here. This was even acknowledged back in 2015 by Mok.

7 minutes ago, Me Loco said:

I just said they tried to fix it once...failed then gave up and didn't bother finding any better solution.

LO have said they are looking at the way matchmaking and server population work and they are looking at it. Matt Scott has a profile here and you can track his posts here. See also his post, helpfully titled "Matchmaking and threat", which *should* be fairly easy to find, but I've linked for you anyway.