Start having fun aaaaand... Its gone.

12 minutes ago, Farbon Ciber said:

My personal frustration is that I get limited gameplay time and each of the last 5-6 times have been cut short by bad performance. This equates to loss of Premium time which equals an actual cost to me for nothing

I have mentioned this before and I always get responses from the usual people that live here in this forum, but it is how I feel and I believe LO should address this, regardless if they are at fault or not

You could play a different game for now.

16 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

You have my sincere apology.

I can assure you that we have in fact been DDoSed nonstop since early January.

This has been a very humbling experience for me. We never saw anything like this in 2018.

One day right after New Year, we hit nearly 1300 concurrent. Something I hadn't seen in months.

And the very next day we got hit nearly every 30 minutes with the largest attacks I've ever seen.

Additionally they did something new that our previous protection couldn't block.

Since then we've had the occasional 12 hour break here and there, but for the most part the attacks keep coming on Jericho.

We are working with our providers to get the situation cleared up as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Matt

That's gotta be rough, I don't understand these people. 😞

16 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

You have my sincere apology.

I can assure you that we have in fact been DDoSed nonstop since early January.

This has been a very humbling experience for me. We never saw anything like this in 2018.

One day right after New Year, we hit nearly 1300 concurrent. Something I hadn't seen in months.

And the very next day we got hit nearly every 30 minutes with the largest attacks I've ever seen.

Additionally they did something new that our previous protection couldn't block.

Since then we've had the occasional 12 hour break here and there, but for the most part the attacks keep coming on Jericho.

We are working with our providers to get the situation cleared up as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Matt

Don't quite remember where i heard this, but...

But DDoS attacks are something that has happened to gamersfirst games, even before APB itself was bought.

Not sure if any of the other games get hit the same, but.. I honestly don't understand how someone can hate something so much.

2 minutes ago, Bellenettiel said:

Don't quite remember where i heard this, but...

But DDoS attacks are something that has happened to gamersfirst games, even before APB itself was bought.

Not sure if any of the other games get hit the same, but.. I honestly don't understand how someone can hate something so much.

Yeah I don't understand at all. Why put so much time and effort into trying to destroy something like this? And if you really do see yourself as some kind of crusader for the common people and are sticking it to the man... why now? APB is under new management as of last year, and IMO, it's doing better than it has in a long time. How exactly are the developers supposed to get anything done when they're too busy putting out fires? And if you just hate the game.. then.. why not just not play and pretend it doesn't exist? I dunno, it doesn't compute for me.

1 minute ago, -Rachel- said:

I dunno, it doesn't compute for me.

and that’s why ur not DDOSing apb

altho if you were this would be a good cover to throw investigations off the trail

3 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

and that’s why ur not DDOSing apb

altho if you were this would be a good cover to throw investigations off the trail

Yeah I'm a real mastermind. 😅

8 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

You could play a different game for now.

Your are right, but as I mentioned, I don't have a ton of time, so it is hard to start something new. I have also invested a lot into this game and I really love it and know how much potential it has

There really is nothing that replaces this game

For real, I wish Premium time was spent while you're in game. Not when you're out of it.

On 1/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, Vincci said:

HAHAHAHAHA their cousin lmao

GTA Created by David Jones who at DMA, DMA split into Rockstar and RTW, RTW with David Jones, Created APB...

i'd say Cousins works there, maybe i should have said Half Brother?

On 1/25/2019 at 5:05 PM, LilyV3 said:

I doubt FE has the base to make that happen, On the other side amazing would be if LO made a "character" account that involves the full APB customisation and then creates games that pull a characters customisation from there either in the way APB does or exporting the whole skin and model as such. 

do you mean player base or like code base, because LO are doing the same thing with FE that they are doing with APB, have you seen matts posts over there? might be one day FE becomes a popular MMO

Edited by Seadee

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2019 at 10:07 AM, Seadee said:

GTA Created by David Jones who at DMA, DMA split into Rockstar and RTW, RTW with David Jones, Created APB...

i'd say Cousins works there, maybe i should have said Half Brother?

do you mean player base or like code base, because LO are doing the same thing with FE that they are doing with APB, have you seen matts posts over there? might be one day FE becomes a popular MMO

coding wise of course, because you would need a proper way to import export models between different games, or the "character game" if you make that a stand alone application that should feed multiple games with the customized character.  

On 1/30/2019 at 9:53 AM, LilyV3 said:

coding wise of course, because you would need a proper way to import export models between different games, or the "character game" if you make that a stand alone application that should feed multiple games with the customized character.  

could be a good idea, you character is account bound, to the point that in any game from the same company uses the same characters, at least as a base, then you can have a nice "social hub" game ... and almost use it as a launcher... 😮 the metaverse