Start having fun aaaaand... Its gone.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 6:50 PM, a Pair of Socks said:

Seriously??? The servers are so shitty theres no fucking way its ddos at this point lmao.

About to just say fuck it and just uninstall till the rare " APB Engine Upgrade " kek

Hi there,

You have my sincere apology.

I can assure you that we have in fact been DDoSed nonstop since early January.

This has been a very humbling experience for me. We never saw anything like this in 2018.

One day right after New Year, we hit nearly 1300 concurrent. Something I hadn't seen in months.

And the very next day we got hit nearly every 30 minutes with the largest attacks I've ever seen.

Additionally they did something new that our previous protection couldn't block.

Since then we've had the occasional 12 hour break here and there, but for the most part the attacks keep coming on Jericho.

We are working with our providers to get the situation cleared up as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 8
  • Thanks 4

updates are good, even if it’s not “everything’s fixed”

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

at least we know *something's* happening in the background. thanks Matt

So many people are treating LO like they've done absolutely nothing. Cmon. Sure, your feelings are hurt, but calm the fuck down already and show these guys the respect they deserve. 

2 hours ago, MattScott said:

for the most part the attacks keep coming on Jericho.

Who is so mad to DDoS Han 0.5 the server is close to dead anyways.

Hi there,

This has been a very humbling experience for me. We never saw anything like this in 2018.

One day right after New Year, we hit nearly 1300 concurrent. Something I hadn't seen in months.

And the very next day we got hit nearly every 30 minutes with the largest attacks I've ever seen.

Additionally they did something new that our previous protection couldn't block.

Since then we've had the occasional 12 hour break here and there, but for the most part the attacks keep coming on Jericho.

We are working with our providers to get the situation cleared up as quickly as possible.

Thanks,
Matt

boggles my mind that there are some people out there who still seem dedicated to shutting down APB, they really must have some life issues for this to be an important task for them to complete.

i reckon its Rockstar, only logical explanation, they dont want APB to succeed under new management and eclipse GTA, because if APB works, then FE will work and it has a sort of post apocalyptic wild west theme, so can pull away the RD lot.

Good luck and power through these DDoSsssesss i don't play often any more, but when i do, i still enjoy the game.

I play on Citadel from time to time and everytime i play the servers seem fine so which servers are actually DDoSed.... Jericho?

18 minutes ago, Me Loco said:

I play on Citadel from time to time and everytime i play the servers seem fine so which servers are actually DDoSed.... Jericho?

It was mentioned in the post that most of those attacks are going to Jericho

38 minutes ago, Seadee said:

boggles my mind that there are some people out there who still seem dedicated to shutting down APB, they really must have some life issues for this to be an important task for them to complete.

i reckon its Rockstar, only logical explanation, they dont want APB to succeed under new management and eclipse GTA, because if APB works, then FE will work and it has a sort of post apocalyptic wild west theme, so can pull away the RD lot.

Good luck and power through these DDoSsssesss i don't play often any more, but when i do, i still enjoy the game.

if FE had APB's character customization it would be dope.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

Thanks Matt, ❤️

3 hours ago, Seadee said:

i dont think rockstart would ever need to worry about 400 ppl playing other games, but yeah fun fact haha.

and yeah maybe its a small DDoS provider that wants to give propaganda or whatever, just people that has nothing to do, and they can do it. Very sad.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, LilyV3 said:

if FE had APB's character customization it would be dope.

LO are redoing FE as well so chances are it might do one day.

1 hour ago, Vincci said:

Thanks Matt, ❤️

i dont think rockstart would ever need to worry about 400 ppl playing other games, but yeah fun fact haha.

and yeah maybe its a small DDoS provider that wants to give propaganda or whatever, just people that has nothing to do, and they can do it. Very sad.

i know, but it still makes me chuckle that it could be them, sitting there laughing evilly about how they are stomping down on their cousin, afraid that they might one day stand up form themselves.

it has be prophesied! (maybe... im sure someone has said it) 

13 minutes ago, Seadee said:

LO are redoing FE as well so chances are it might do one day.

i know, but it still makes me chuckle that it could be them, sitting there laughing evilly about how they are stomping down on their cousin, afraid that they might one day stand up form themselves.

it has be prophesied! (maybe... im sure someone has said it) 

HAHAHAHAHA their cousin lmao

I doubt FE has the base to make that happen, On the other side amazing would be if LO made a "character" account that involves the full APB customisation and then creates games that pull a characters customisation from there either in the way APB does or exporting the whole skin and model as such. 

17 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

I doubt FE has the base to make that happen, On the other side amazing would be if LO made a "character" account that involves the full APB customisation and then creates games that pull a characters customisation from there either in the way APB does or exporting the whole skin and model as such. 

they could add horses from FE to APB :3 (and the quad too maybe)

7 hours ago, Seadee said:

i reckon its Rockstar,

you know, i was actually thinking the same thing. no way to prove it but what single person would have the money and resources to ddos for months on end that actually cared or even KNEW about apb? somethin smells pretty fishy for sure

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

you know, i was actually thinking the same thing. no way to prove it but what single person would have the money and resources to ddos for months on end that actually cared or even KNEW about apb? somethin smells pretty fishy for sure

I hope you missed the /s or :^) there.

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

I hope you missed the /s or :^) there.

ummmm you don't believe in corporate conspiracies?????

6 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

ummmm you don't believe in corporate conspiracies?????

Like how minority ethnicity in America owns the majority of media conglomerates?

Is it really a conspiracy if it is factually true though.

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Like how minority ethnicity in America owns the majority of media conglomerates?

tHaT'S rAcIST

Just now, SLICKIEM said:

tHaT'S rAcIST

Is it racist to point out that statistics show that a minority in America commit the majority of violent crime?

minority in America commit the majority of violent crime?

b-b-b-b-b-bUT it's because they r trapped in the ghetto!! why do u think they call it TRAP music???

Just now, SLICKIEM said:

b-b-b-b-b-bUT it's because they r trapped in the ghetto!! why do u think they call it TRAP music???

Woah. Why did you just assume it was people who live in ghettos? I never said the ethnicity directly. You just assumed it. You're the big racist here.

You just assumed it. You're the big racist here.

b3LjXVs.png

did u just assume what i identify as?

11 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

b3LjXVs.png

did u just assume what i identify as?

nice duckwrth 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, _chain said:

So many people are treating LO like they've done absolutely nothing. Cmon. Sure, your feelings are hurt, but calm the fuck down already and show these guys the respect they deserve. 

My personal frustration is that I get limited gameplay time and each of the last 5-6 times have been cut short by bad performance. This equates to loss of Premium time which equals an actual cost to me for nothing

I have mentioned this before and I always get responses from the usual people that live here in this forum, but it is how I feel and I believe LO should address this, regardless if they are at fault or not