Visionaireh

Lost access to 2FA

Hey everyone, it's been two weeks since I've sent a support ticket about losing access to 2FA and yet to get a respond.

I am currently locked out of my account and can not login at all. 

My ticket number is #88349 if any moderator sees this and can help me out 🙂

I know that my answer won't help you at all, but I suggest that when you finally get support to disable your 2FA, when you enable it back (and you should enable it back), do it through Authy instead of Google Authenticator.

Edited by Saxtus

26 minutes ago, Saxtus said:

I know that my answer won't help you at all, but I suggest that when you finally get support to disable your 2FA, when you enable it back (and you should enable it back), do it through Authy instead of Google Authenticator.

Yeah, I deleted Google Authenticator off of my phone and installed Authy instead. Just waiting on support to reply my ticket.

Im doing that too, instead of GOogle Authenticator im changing to Authy, atleast it gives backup and support.

Also i don't know why but sometimes 2FA code won't work at the first time and after i've insert it the 2nd one it goes foward.

Edited by Guest

1 hour ago, AlishaAzure said:

Im doing that too, instead of GOogle Authenticator im changing to Authy, atleast it gives backup and support.

Also i don't know why but sometimes 2FA code won't work at the first time and after i've insert it the 2nd one it goes foward.

Probably because the code changes as soon as you enter it. You need to time it right 😛

32 minutes ago, AlishaAzure said:

2FA codes are time sensitive. Make sure your device is time synced.

2 hours ago, Visionaireh said:

Probably because the code changes as soon as you enter it. You need to time it right 😛

I know, i use authenticators since years, the Google one don't works perfectly, sometimes it gave me that strange error. Im now using Authy and it works.

2 hours ago, Saxtus said:

2FA codes are time sensitive. Make sure your device is time synced.

It is, was just Google Authenticator abit glitched

What do you mean? the code you've entered from the phone doesn't work or something else?

2 hours ago, Bellenettiel said:

What do you mean? the code you've entered from the phone doesn't work or something else?

It worked well but sometimes the game asking me after inserting it to re-insert again like it was wrongly written but was right everytime, idk, some bugs happenign with Google Authenticator, Authy like i said before works perfectly so i just unistalled google one and have only authy wich i use alredy for twitch.

Anyway i won't go off-topic or in anyway talking about another problem i've experienced, you > Visionaireh < should contact support and wait for the response.

Expecting responses from support in 2019.

That's rich.

25 minutes ago, Visionaireh said:

Bumping this so I can get the attention of a GM on this

All you can really do is wait on support, just like everyone in line before you.

Unfortunately only support can help you with this. Please wait for their response.

36 minutes ago, Dicelz said:

@Lixil @MattScott i wonder why there is no backup codes available in case of something happen like that?

if they do it trough backup codes i think it would be easyer to hack the accounts

I still haven't got a reply from support..

-Visionaireh

On 1/29/2019 at 11:08 AM, TzickyT said:

if they do it trough backup codes i think it would be easyer to hack the accounts

I don't think so because the only way to get the backup codes is after u enable 2fa already on your account so no one will hack ur account and bypass the 2fa. it works like other major websites. unless there is a breach on their end that's a different story 

On 1/22/2019 at 7:57 AM, AlishaAzure said:

It is, was just Google Authenticator abit glitched

google auth can get desync'd from the global time independently from your device's time, all you have to do is sync it like they said

i've had it happen to me a handful of times in the years i've used it

12 hours ago, Uru! said:

google auth can get desync'd from the global time independently from your device's time, all you have to do is sync it like they said

i've had it happen to me a handful of times in the years i've used it

i was using google authenticator and i had to restore my phone .lost all key tokens had to remember al websites and made recovery SMS and backup code to able access websites again . i didn't know google auth app not save tokens. I never used this app since. the best alternative app so far is Authy. u can backup codes and protect it with a master password in case ur phone broken or stolen. i highly recommend it instead of google authenticator app 

Edited by Dicelz

On 1/29/2019 at 4:33 AM, Weajh said:

I still haven't got a reply from support..

-Visionaireh

On 1/24/2019 at 10:53 AM, Lixil said:

Unfortunately only support can help you with this. Please wait for their response.