Sign in to follow this  
DenVx

PVE: TO BE OR NOT TO BE?

Сегодня

PVE: TO BE OR NOT TO BE?

Today I went to the Waterfront, I need to play there to raise the level and open up modifications and clothes. The problem is that after 3 hours of waiting, I never got the mission (I was ready). In the Financial District, I have no more contacts. Now I am waiting for 3 hours one mission in the area in which only I and another player, does not give me any mission. I managed to watch several films, and a couple of TV series, having waited more than 3 hours, I went out.

Therefore it is worth adding PVE, since:

1) Bad players will be able to get a little pleasure from the game.

2) AI can be both difficult and simple, they can use weapons from both Armas and available to all players.

3) It will revive the game a bit, as players who play poorly against other players will be able to enjoy the game and invest money in the game, thereby developing APB Reloaded.

4) Players performing tasks against AI may not receive a “role” pumping by killing AI. There may be some additional roles associated with AI.

5) Bosses - each MMO has bosses, creating a boss in PvE mode can add the ability of players from different factions to work together.

(A great way for friends from different factions to play together)

P.S.

Yes, everyone has their own opinion, someone will say that the AI is bad idea, someone will support this idea.

BUT, THIS SHOULD BE DEDICATED TO SEPARATE AREAS WITH A SIGNATURE "PVE".

Edited by DenVx
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

I also would say that PVE isn't the best for APB. Maybe better AI for civilians but not for fighting. What do you think about having like small activities similar to the daily activities? Not like the daily acitvities you should be able to complete them together with your group and without being in a mission. There could be different "quests" as like "Assassin this person" (This Person would be a NPC who spawns at a special location and you and your team have to find and kill him) or "Deliver X of this Car" (You have to find requested cars and deliver them). The "quests" could turn into missions with enemys if you fail a step. There are actually so much possiblities.... I think I already flipped to far away from OPs post so I take a cut here.

i think adding AI PVE would be great. there are a lot of options on how you could do this... teammates, roaming enemies, weather elements, etc...

the games very open world can allow a ton of small to large integration of AI over time and in various modes.

• Like 1

lazy reposts from the last time this was suggested

On 12/16/2018 at 11:20 PM, BXNNXD said:

short answer - no 

long answer - any kind of ai meant to imitate player character movement would take a hefty amount of work, and frankly would never be a decent substitute 

On 12/22/2018 at 12:44 AM, BXNNXD said:

making a bot that could accurately replicate even a low gold player is anything but simple lol

On 12/22/2018 at 1:39 AM, BXNNXD said:

most open world games have serviceable AI the problem is that raising the "skill level" usually just ends up making their aim more and more artificially good, leading to a situation where your AI "players" would play like silvers or bronzes but with perfect aim - it doesnt lead to particularly good gameplay since any face to face firefight is essentially an automatic loss

its an unfortunate downside of having low population, coding pve into apb would take time away from projects that will likely boost the population and fix the problem

ai in that case would just be a stopgap for the very serious issue of low playerbase. that's just treating the symptoms, not the disease.

just wait for 3.5 when matchmaking system is reworked. i have a really good feeling about that

But damn it, I waited more than three hours for the mission to begin, and in the end I ended up playing games, since I was wildly bored. And I am sure that new players will also throw this game as there are no missions AT ALL. That is, no one wants to wander around the city for more than 3 hours, I lost my primium time. All by the fact that I was not given even a single mission.

So what is the use of the game if it has nothing to do? The AI would fix this problem and make the game more interesting for all those who would be interested.
The game would not be as dead as it is now.

Edited by DenVx

APB will never be PvE

Doing a thread over doesnt change the many reasons given why its a bad idea , hard to program , and so on.

especially when it has only been a few weeks from the last thread.

Edited by Fortune Runner

even tho it looks like you think having a PVE mode would be fun

i think your main problem is not being able to lvl waterfront contacts

there were suggestions to allow WF pledges while in financial

its a more realistic solution to that problem

PvE to compensate for low population levels making WaterFront empty has been suggested a few times.

It would be easier and quicker to just finish the Unreal Engine 3.5, then do promotions and public relations to try and raise awareness of APB and get new players

Developing a NPC/AI/bots to work within APB would take years to do, then testing and bug fixes would take even more months.

PvE, while it would be neat to have, absolutely does not work with how APB plays. APB is so hugely dependent on positioning and dynamic strategy, you can't go and write a simple CS style bot. Even if we ignore positioning and paths of approach, alone weapon handling will be difficult to manage. In my experience with bots in PvP focused games, they usually have so much fudge in their aim values that they do not work at all, or so little that they keep min TTKing everyone.

The only bots I can see happening at all would be some sort of horde bot for an event mode, but nothing that emulates mission play.