Kariiim

Can the game add new JMB gun every year?

APB needs more, we all know.

On 1/22/2019 at 10:27 PM, Kewlin said:

How about we don't do limited run items and never suggest that again. That's just taking one terrible business practice and replacing it with another.

APB needs more content, not more exclusivity. Thanks.

Im talking straight up in terms of content like this. Im well aware we need more content in general but im not talking about that aspect at this moment.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

Im talking straight up in terms of content like this. Im well aware we need more content in general but im not talking about that aspect at this moment.

Paid content is content too, so as far as I'm concerned you're talking about content, not to mention JMBs bring free content to the game to a lot of players like myself.

Limited time store items are a blatant psychological trick to pressure people into buying it, plain and simple. Ultimately it's not very different from getting people addicted to gambling on RNG boxes, and I've seen it have pretty bad effects on people just the same. So switching out JMBs, which are a system you can easily avoid if you have a little in-game money, because they're bad, and then replacing them with something as vile or worse is dumb IMO. On top of that, limited time items have the negative effect of not really adding much to the game like permanent ARMAS additions do.

I kinda' figured as someone who was at one point for handing out the Butcher skin you wouldn't be for permanent limited time exclusivity.

1 minute ago, Kewlin said:

Paid content is content too, so as far as I'm concerned you're talking about content, not to mention JMBs bring free content to the game to a lot of players like myself.

Limited time store items are a blatant psychological trick to pressure people into buying it, plain and simple. Ultimately it's not very different from getting people addicted to gambling on RNG boxes, and I've seen it have pretty bad effects on people just the same. So switching out JMBs, which are a system you can easily avoid if you have a little in-game money, because they're bad, and then replacing them with something as vile or worse is dumb IMO. On top of that, limited time items have the negative effect of not really adding much to the game like permanent ARMAS additions do.

I kinda' figured as someone who was at one point for handing out the Butcher skin you wouldn't be for permanent limited time exclusivity.

Im for my fair share of readily avail items and rare ones. Having a mixup allows ppl to strive for the rare items while reg ones are readily avail at anytime. Having rares allows LO to make some money as well considering its what keeps the servers running. Make rares tradeable and you got yourself a in game market.

Just now, Darkzero3802 said:

Im for my fair share of readily avail items and rare ones. Having a mixup allows ppl to strive for the rare items while reg ones are readily avail at anytime. Having rares allows LO to make some money as well considering its what keeps the servers running. Make rares tradeable and you got yourself a in game market.

To have some people have certain content and others not have it can create an unbalance that can not be justified.

When all content is available to all people it avoids many negative side affects which falls under pay to win which APB is not  , yet in this case that idea would turn our heading towards pay to win.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Darkzero3802 said:

How does one "strive" for an item that the way you get it is spending $30 during one particular week?

Also, any game dev that makes extraordinarily rare items tradable, whether they allow real world trading or not, knows damned well that they're creating items with inflated prices for the real-money market.

50697cc7b0a2fa21b437cb34dbeb4e34.png

Sure, items in APB won't go for thousands of dollars, but if the game ever gets any popularity again, the market will be there, and there will be plenty of people willing to play the system, whether that be buying items en-mass, hacking, or just playing the market. I know FFA IIIs have gone for a few hundred bucks, what's to say ARMAS items from a few years ago won't go for more?

If a game company can't keep a game running without resorting to preying on them psychologically, I'm not entirely sure I want the game's servers to run in the first place. There's a reason I haven't spent money on PUBG since they turned into cash grabbing bastards.

5 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

To have some people have certain content and others not have it can create an unbalance that can not be justified.

When all content is available to all people it avoids many negative side affects which falls under pay to win which APB is not  , yet in this case that idea would turn our heading towards pay to win.

Even if we ignore P2W, in a game based so largely around customization, do you really want a game where you need one specific scarf for your outfit, but you can't have that scarf because "fuck you, that scarf was only sold a year ago, character bound no less."

Edited by Kewlin

Just now, Kewlin said:

How does one "strive" for an item that the way you get it is spending $30 during one particular week?

Also, any game dev that makes extraordinarily rare items tradable, whether they allow real world trading or not, knows damned well that they're creating items with inflated prices for the real-money market.

50697cc7b0a2fa21b437cb34dbeb4e34.png

Sure, items in APB won't go for thousands of dollars, but if the game ever gets any popularity again, the market will be there, and there will be plenty of people willing to play the system, whether that be buying items en-mass, hacking, or just playing the market. I know FFA IIIs have gone for a few hundred bucks, what's to say ARMAS items from a few years ago won't go for more?

If a game company can't keep a game running without resorting to preying on them psychologically, I'm not entirely sure I want the game's servers to run in the first place. There's a reason I haven't spent money on PUBG since they turned into cash grabbing bastards.

Don't forget G1 did a cash grab on us and the surviving players would not survive a round 2 of that intent.

Too many of us barely stayed just before Little Orbit bought us

It was extremely vocal on the old forums about this

6 minutes ago, Fortune Runner said:

Don't forget G1 did a cash grab on us and the surviving players would not survive a round 2 of that intent.

Too many of us barely stayed just before Little Orbit bought us

It was extremely vocal on the old forums about this

Oh yeah, no way in hell they'd survive if they went to try to play new cash grabbing shit on us.

I feel like most of us have learned to think a little better before we spend money, but perhaps I'm wrong.

7 minutes ago, Kewlin said:

Even if we ignore P2W, in a game based so largely around customization, do you really want a game where you need one specific scarf for your outfit, but you can't have that scarf because "fuck you, that scarf was only sold a year ago, character bound no less

It would drive me insane

APB players live to customize even if it is casually

• Like 1