Kariiim

Can the game add new JMB gun every year?

i was thinking about why dont the game do a Rifle Gun as legendary this year

The game is being developed significantly right now so most of the LO resources are focused on the engine upgrade. You could maybe expect something after the engine update.

Or we could spend that time on content that is not locked behind RNG gambling boxes.

• Like 13
  • Thanks 1

I prefer to follow the RoadMap they released, i won't another JMB weapon honestly, alredy 75% or more are unbalanced so, the right way would be to do the engien upgrade, fix all bugs, resolve potential problems and Then release new stuff such as vehicles, clothes, skins, weapons and more such as districts, threat system, queue system, APB different login screen with new theme, new intro etc... i wont' listen everything.

I agree with Zombie - The RNG factor of the boxes makes it great for the company but awful for the players. You can get lucky and get the gun within 10 boxes. You could also buy 300 and not get any. I think new (and balanced) weapons should be released, but only if there are resources available. Main issues and the Roadmap first. The game is fine at the moment, it was fine when LO bought it. It will get better yes, but that doesn't mean it isn't bad. New RNGboxes won't affect player opinion of LO or APB - always seen as a cash grab.

remember when the regular addition of joker boxes was a fun meme because it was the only “content” g1 bothered to work on but there was only a few and then it slowly got more and more frustrating as it became obvious that the once laughable “lol maybe in jb 20” joke would become a depressingly accurate prediction?

pepperidge farm remembers

• Like 1

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Or we could spend that time on content that is not locked behind RNG gambling boxes.

Hey finally something I agree with you on lol.

Fuck JMB's, fuck gambling, fuck the whole concept in particular. Either make the gun available under reasonable conditions or don't put it in at all. I have a buddy who makes the "fuck you" kind of money, dude's spent like $1000 on JMB's alone and hasn't gotten a single legendary. Convinced his patootie to stop regardless of how much money he has just because it's not worth it in the least.

I'm gonna say no to the idea of more joker boxes until the whole system is revamped.

• We only get one item per box, while many games have moved to a 4-5 reward per box system.
    • Would love to see more rewards given per box, even if it was just bumped to 3.
  • Most players can't do anything with the majority of what the box rewards (e.g. 3 day trials of weapons many players own)
    • We need a way to trade these items in, either selling them to npcs for a small amount APB$ or JTs.
  • No way to F2P players to earn them in game
    • F2P players need a way to get these, either from the JT Store, random mission rewards, or from completing daily missions. 
  • Thanks 1

New players accuse APB of being pay to win...

After EA's Battlefront 2, why the fuck would you want a new Loot box each year?

We already have over 20!

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, VickyFox said:

We already have over 20!

Yeach try to open and get atleast 10 legendarys. You really wont neeed a  new JMB :))

I personally hope that APB (and the industry in general) moves away from loot boxes.. before the governments make them (*stares daggers at EA*).

My primary issues with Joker Boxes always boiled down to how little value they presented unless you got the grand prize (and some of the purples) and how easy it was to get duplicates of things you already owned.

I also kinda hope there will be some mechanics in the future that lets us trade weapons we have bought through MTX, and not just Legendaries from the boxes.

First make it easier to add new content by updating the game. 

Then add new content to the game, 

But if we're adding wishes I would rather they release another season-pass-esque package like the Juggernaut set than another string of JMBs. Juggernaut was dope af, it was like Christmas every month getting that set. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kariiim said:

you keep saying every gun you don't like used against you is op anyways...... *facepalm*

17 hours ago, VickyFox said:

We already have over 20!

Well yes, sadly new and old players accus APB for that when they should understand what that specific word mean "P2W" or "Pay to Win", how you guys prefer.

Battlefront 2 was the most tragic situation, i had it and never paid for get advantage or anything could help my playtime to be better.

Priorities are others right now and they still didn't completed yet all balance.

Don't know man, i am pretty ok with them not adding new boxes. 

Plus they aren't welcomed by some states and countries laws. If anything, i'd be interested in some love to the joker ticket shop and joker tickets as a plausible trade currency on the marketplace.

15 hours ago, AlishaAzure said:

Battlefront 2 was the most tragic situation, i had it and never paid for get advantage or anything could help my playtime to be better.

Priorities are others right now and they still didn't completed yet all balance.

While the gaming industry got a bad rep which some of them deserved, gamers were not given an proportionate portrayal as "won't somebody think of the children".

Meanwhile no one gives a notice or a damn about the mobile game market with premium currency, pay wall - cool down timers and even more lootboxes.

The same marketing and business practices are being used with kids from 3 to 10

-

A lot of newer members to APB seem to not realise how outstanding or significant of a priority the EU3.5 is.

19 hours ago, KnifuWaifu said:

First make it easier to add new content by updating the game. 

Then add new content to the game, 

But if we're adding wishes I would rather they release another season-pass-esque package like the Juggernaut set than another string of JMBs. Juggernaut was dope af, it was like Christmas every month getting that set. 

I whole heartedly agree with this.

The season pass felt rewarding. It is said that it's not the delivery that feels rewarding, but dopamine released in anticipation.

Question is if Little Orbit/Gamerfirst keep to such a commitment when user basically pre-purchase.

Edited by VickyFox
  • Like 1

I think I'm the only person who likes JMBS. . .

. . . and I don't buy JMBs.

So probably not.

I would rather see the discontinuation of JMBs instead of adding more. And also for ARMAS weapons to not rob you out of a kidney for an account bound weapon, thanks.

Edited by Glubbable

but i don't wanna spend my precious shekels for a mere chance of getting a gun i'll probably use a couple times and then switch back to whatever

If all you want them to do is add one weapon a year then that's actually one of the more achievable requests I've seen on this forum.

How about we just add another weapon to Armas that we can just buy instead of having to deal with the RNG of boxes? Most Legendaries are subpar to their normal counterparts anyway.

BTW, am I the only one who sees legendaries as some of the best and most common F2P content APB gets?

34 minutes ago, TacticallyRed said:

Most Legendaries are subpar to their normal counterparts anyway.

That's the point, legendaries are supposed to be weird and fun, not meta-defining. Not that there aren't a few that are really good.

Edited by Kewlin

On 1/21/2019 at 7:35 AM, Kariiim said:

I was thinking remove gambling boxes all together and just release limited edition guns for x amount of time and then no more. As for current JMB guns release them at a higher price then the reg vers.

1 hour ago, Darkzero3802 said:

I was thinking remove gambling boxes all together and just release limited edition guns for x amount of time and then no more. As for current JMB guns release them at a higher price then the reg vers.

How about we don't do limited run items and never suggest that again. That's just taking one terrible business practice and replacing it with another.

APB needs more content, not more exclusivity. Thanks.

• Like 1