Sign in to follow this  
EventideOne

Missions (and District Maps) Change (Imagination Heavy)

So I was thinking this earlier and I was very hesitant to put it here, mainly because I know it would be a damn near insurmountable task for the new development team. But I've decided to put it here knowing its damn near impossible. 

As I was doing my missions, I realized how dull they must get after you've been playing the game for so long, and how repetitive they must get. 

Basically, loosely based off of Heists and Missions in GTA Online, the idea was to create more depth and make the mission more interesting by adding/changing the following:

1. All  mission related equipment start a mini-game. So Bomb Defusals, Arsons, Investigations, Hacking, Spraying, Crowbars, AND the battering ram would have their own minigames. This would require that teammates be adequately covered in order to complete the mini-game. Of Course, the equipment levels (I-IV) would improve your ability to successfully complete the mini-game. 
  2. Adding Mission Only Areas that would only be accessible during missions. These areas would replace the Raid portion of the mission and require the battering ram or lock jimmy to access. This way, you wouldn't stand at a door, press F, and wait for a present to pop out. You'd have to go in and get it.
  3. Territory Capture Objectives would be extended to a realistic area. So if you were "taking turf" it would be things like a court yard, a street, something small but significant enough. Not an orange circle. And as a result of the borders being less defined, you would have to hunt the enemy blocking your capture.

All of the following points would also make way for a user interface change that took the white progress bar away from your reticle, which can be quite irritating when you're trying to see your opponent.

I did say I was hesitant making this suggestion, and here's why.

The main reason I didn't want to post this is because I expected that even if everyone wanted this, it would require most likely long and arduous overhaul of not only several missions, but the mission system and more importantly the Waterfront and Financial Districts to accommodate for this change, which could in turn change the entire game that so many have grown to love. Sure it could add depth and bring more attention to the game but the cost seems higher than the outcome for this idea.

And so I turn it over to you. What other ways can we make for more exciting money earning on the streets of San Paro?

I’m all for this except for the mini-games. 1v1 missions would be impossible to win as a “Attacker”.

6 hours ago, TheFreelancer said:

I’m all for this except for the mini-games. 1v1 missions would be impossible to win as a “Attacker”.

You make a valid point but the mini games I had in mind wouldn’t be too complex. You’d still be able to finish them in time after you clear the area. Also keep in mind this wouldn’t be with the current matchmaking system. So take for instance the battering ram. The mini game I was thinking for that was charge and release the battering ram. Done in 4-5 smacks with starter equipment, 2-3 with maxed out equipment. Roughly the same, just you’d be doing the work. I’ll elaborate more later if needed, but they wouldn’t necessarily take too much time to do, they’d just add another level of gameplay. The only thing that changed gameplay is actually raiding and actually investigating. For investigations think LA Noire but not as slow and tedious with yellow markers.