Sign in to follow this  
MilitaryDispatcher

Anticheat Technical Questions

Inspired with experience of developing server-sided many anticheats for SA-MP (including open-sourced NEX-AC by OstGot, closed-sourced for many popular russian roleplay servers and by my participation in developing such things by myself), I wish to ask something about APB's server-sided anticheat and show situation from other side:
1) How many employers works on anticheat (both sides)? - In most cases sa-mp projects have <5 programmers in team that making everything in their free (from primary work) time. The gameplay mechanics there are much complicated than here, but effort of many unprofessional (in most cases, ROFL) programmers resulted now as serversided-anticheats that works INSTANTLY (<1min) and Correctly.

2) Does you have remote-vacations ? How many man-hours devoted in developing anticheat measures?

3) I wanted to ask about speed-hackers ingame (they are still rarely exist), meaning that aimbots or wh are out of this topic due complication of this problem (on the other side already exist solutions based on neural networks with verification by serversided game map) what is technical problemы to fully automate this process? I still experience ~1 person in 2 months that speedhack-usated (without fragile perc and adrenaline) and he lives until ban or 'ragequit' at least 1 hour. WTF why the other players in session with him must suffer so long?

4) Many of people ask for return broadcasting bans but this is 'naming and shaming' by rules. How about announce every month statistics about bans with such information as: number of registered new accouts, number of automated bans, number of false-positives, number of manual bans, number of accounts in current month that played >N hours and didn't got ban? So there will be no blame about productivity of anticheat measures but AC-details.

I'm does't intended in shaming somebody but I want some information about real reasons of so long and doubtful effectiveness of development be bring to masses.

2 hours ago, MilitaryDispatcher said:

Inspired with experience of developing server-sided many anticheats for SA-MP (including open-sourced NEX-AC by OstGot, closed-sourced for many popular russian roleplay servers and by my participation in developing such things by myself), I wish to ask something about APB's server-sided anticheat and show situation from other side:
1) How many employers works on anticheat (both sides)? - In most cases sa-mp projects have <5 programmers in team that making everything in their free (from primary work) time. The gameplay mechanics there are much complicated than here, but effort of many unprofessional (in most cases, ROFL) programmers resulted now as serversided-anticheats that works INSTANTLY (<1min) and Correctly.

2) Does you have remote-vacations ? How many man-hours devoted in developing anticheat measures?

3) I wanted to ask about speed-hackers ingame (they are still rarely exist), meaning that aimbots or wh are out of this topic due complication of this problem (on the other side already exist solutions based on neural networks with verification by serversided game map) what is technical problemы to fully automate this process? I still experience ~1 person in 2 months that speedhack-usated (without fragile perc and adrenaline) and he lives until ban or 'ragequit' at least 1 hour. WTF why the other players in session with him must suffer so long?

4) Many of people ask for return broadcasting bans but this is 'naming and shaming' by rules. How about announce every month statistics about bans with such information as: number of registered new accouts, number of automated bans, number of false-positives, number of manual bans, number of accounts in current month that played >N hours and didn't got ban? So there will be no blame about productivity of anticheat measures but AC-details.

I'm does't intended in shaming somebody but I want some information about real reasons of so long and doubtful effectiveness of development be bring to masses.

are you trying to compare your own SA-MP experience with APB?

because if you do, i dont think you can compare with this game, specially in the "i make my own anticheat" department, as G1 and LO has been trying to implement 3rd party anticheats, AKA: not made by them, but already made by a profesional company.

on top of that, questions like "How many man-hours devoted in developing anticheat measures?" , "How many employers works on anticheat (both sides)?", shouldnt you be asking that kind of questions to someone from the battleye company (Battleeye innovations)?

i remember samp, that shit was awesome. i used to play on crazybob's cops and robbers, best samp server 10/10.

40 minutes ago, SLICKIEM said:

i remember samp, that shit was awesome. i used to play on crazybob's cops and robbers, best samp server 10/10.

so good they are still arround with a healthy playerbase.

...or at least healthy enough for them.

still, great server, and by far the best SAMP server i played.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, MilitaryDispatcher said:

Why are you here and why are you talking?:classic_huh:

37 minutes ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

so good they are still arround with a healthy playerbase.

...or at least healthy enough for them.

still, great server, and by far the best SAMP server i played.

30k-50k players online simultaneously - much more than here for all period.

2 hours ago, TheOppositePolarBear said:

on top of that, questions like "How many man-hours devoted in developing anticheat measures?" , "How many employers works on anticheat (both sides)?", shouldnt you be asking that kind of questions to someone from the battleye company (Battleeye innovations)?

The topis is about serversided AC-measures but client-sided (battle eye). You read that wrong.

So what your 'professional large team' have done? It's interesting why enthusiasts got success and professional teams still staying at 1 place (before LO - we'll see how they work it soon).

2 minutes ago, MilitaryDispatcher said:

So what your 'professional large team' have done? It's interesting why enthusiasts got success and professional teams still staying at 1 place (before LO - we'll see how they work it soon).

I mean, you get that SAMP and APB are completely different games, right?

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I mean, you get that SAMP and APB are completely different games, right?

Yeah and what?
The question isn't about developing game itself, it is about developing serversided AC. It based in most cases on physics laws (even we talk about anti-speedhacking/teleportation/ghosting) not at your favorite graphics engines.

8 minutes ago, MilitaryDispatcher said:

Yeah and what?
The question isn't about developing game itself, it is about developing serversided AC. It based in most cases on physics laws (even we talk about anti-speedhacking/teleportation/ghosting) not at your favorite graphics engines.

You seem to be missing the point. 

Surely you don't think cheating and the creation of anti cheat measures are no more or less difficult between games?

Also, you made the comparison, not me. 

But then again, what's the point of a layman's discussion on a technical subject?

Should we all give our opinions on cold fusion next?

You'd likely have more luck simply messaging Matt. 

Edited by CookiePuss

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Surely you don't think cheating and the creation of anti cheat measures are no more or less difficult between games?

Creating cheats everywhere the same process: get Debugger, Virtual Machine, IDA, HexEditors, and go into reverse engineering mostly by hooking memory addresses, devices, and don't forget about spoofing sending data = the recipe of hacking any game.
Anticheats - the same actions in reversed direction.

Just now, MilitaryDispatcher said:

Creating cheats everywhere the same process: get Debugger, Virtual Machine, IDA, HexEditors, and go into reverse engineering mostly by hooking memory addresses, devices, and don't forget about spoofing sending data = the recipe of hacking any game.
Anticheats - the same actions in reversed direction.

You know what, it's probably for the best you haven't bothered Matt directly with this. 

Carry on. 

• Like 1

What's this topic even about?  My brain got fried trying to read the posts. 

I'm pretty sure the game code is vulnerable to hacks right now.  I'm also pretty sure MattScott and Lo team are working to make an engine upgrade fix and private anticheat and have the people who know what they're doing to work on it... if they don't they game is dead.  If they do it will make them some money.  I for one will be thrilled to invest in an APB reboot on a new. improved engine.  Hopefully all the weaknesses of the game we suffer through right now are helping the team develop the improvements we need.

3 minutes ago, Hey! said:

What's this topic even about?  My brain got fried trying to read the posts. 

I'm pretty sure the game code is vulnerable to hacks right now.  I'm also pretty sure MattScott and Lo team are working to make an engine upgrade fix and private anticheat and have the people who know what they're doing to work on it... if they don't they game is dead.  If they do it will make them some money.  I for one will be thrilled to invest in an APB reboot on a new. improved engine.  Hopefully all the weaknesses of the game we suffer through right now are helping the team develop the improvements we need.

Well said friend, well said.

The topis is about serversided AC-measures but client-sided (battle eye). You read that wrong.

...sigh

...you do realize APB's serverside anticheat was fairfight, an anticheat program made by gameblocks, and not LO nor G1, right?

here, https://www.gameblocks.com/contact

go send them a mail or something and ask whatever you want. answers are not guaranteed tho.

why are you trying to make it looks like im defending them by calling them "my professional large team"?

i told you to go ask questions to them, its not like LO knows how many people is working on fairfight.

13 hours ago, MilitaryDispatcher said:

Inspired with experience of developing server-sided many anticheats for SA-MP (including open-sourced NEX-AC by OstGot, closed-sourced for many popular russian roleplay servers and by my participation in developing such things by myself), I wish to ask something about APB's server-sided anticheat what? there isn't one. and show situation from other side:
1) How many employers works on anticheat (both sides)? - In most cases sa-mp projects have <5 programmers in team that making everything in their free (from primary work) time. The gameplay mechanics there are much complicated than here, but effort of many unprofessional (in most cases, ROFL) programmers resulted now as serversided-anticheats that works INSTANTLY (<1min) and Correctly. Define works instantly? Does it instantly flag for wave, or was it configured to instantly ban? You will never find the number to the BE anticheat question, but, i can assure you, its more than the total number of employees at LO, and the total number of staff on every anticheat project youve worked on combined.

2) Does you have remote-vacations ? How many man-hours devoted in developing anticheat measures? Remote vacations? You mean vacations where people can work/access it remotely?

3) I wanted to ask about speed-hackers ingame (they are still rarely exist), meaning that aimbots or wh are out of this topic due complication of this problem (on the other side already exist solutions based on neural networks with verification by serversided game map) buzzwords? what is technical problemы to fully automate this process? to automate detection and banning of speedhackers? by my guess its that most "speedhacks" apb has suffered from in the past are of no result of cheating, but of exploits/bugs related to the engine or the game. I still experience ~1 person in 2 months that speedhack-usated (without fragile perc and adrenaline) and he lives until ban or 'ragequit' at least 1 hour. WTF why the other players in session with him must suffer so long? because if it is a cheat it is important for heuristics to detect and ban all players using the cheat, not just the person who is the most blatant. however, if the "speedhack" is not the result of the cheat, and people abusing the exploit just happen to cheat, e.x. epicgoat, then you can't really ban for a speedhack program.

need to work on your english a little bit, but, why do you need to know all of that anyway?

it's also important to note APB doesn't have a server side anticheat, so i tried to answer your questions in relation to the current anticheat. The old one was FairFight, which was developed by GameBlocks and not LO or G1 or RP or RTW.

Edited by Thaumaturge

Sign in to follow this