Sign in to follow this  
Fortune Runner

Asking community for ideas about free trial guns

A few of us were on a different thread talking about free trial guns and it came to me , that as a community , we don't really talk about ideas for a better free trial gun setup.

Mattscott posted this on a different thread

"We are looking into ways to help players trial weapons without opening up exploits."

We know  it could benefit new players so that they transition to APB easier when we suggest a gun to them.

The problem is the current way doesn't always work out and then they don't remember what gun.

It came to me that at least one way would be a testing area for new players to try any gun in there that way it is not exploited in game.

However brainstorming with the community might be more beneficial to have  better and more refined ideas so I came to ask for help on this.

I think its a good idea for us community members to try to help Little Orbit with ideas for this so I came to you guys.

I put this in this section intentionally since this is not an idea pitch but rather asking for any ideas in general and how to make it non exploitable for Little Orbit

a small gunrange/practice thing like e.g. in ow would be nice. however... i guess they have enough to do already for now.

i also think this should be separate from the 30 min trial, so you might also be able to test it in normal gameplay.

all in all, i think the trial system (+jt store) itself is already quite fair and better than what most other f2p shooters with a weapon shop provide.

• Like 2

wait, did they bring back being able to use guns and vehicles as trials again? I think it was 24 hours to use

7 hours ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

wait, did they bring back being able to use guns and vehicles as trials again? I think it was 24 hours to use

no, it was 30 mins for f2p, 3h for premium

they removed (well, forgot adding) that by accident when overhauling armas (and are adding it again)

unless you are talking about pre-g1 or their very early days

Edited by neophobia
  • Like 1

Like couple of you said i would love to see sort of gun area testing with some stuff on it, like some random buildings, civilians walking around, all cars avaiable for pick up and some moving objects like PUBG have, i don't know if you know what is there.

if not well i still think we need an idea on how to try out guns before going to purchase them, too for vehicles or skins/outfits, well.. aren't expensive like other items but still are real money so, why not.

Can we replace G1s with Joker tickets already?

I'd love to see weapon trials be earnable/purchasable by in game means. Perhaps you could buy them with Joker Tickets or earn them for daily activities. There's a lot of ways you can use Armas items to incentivise players to log on more regularly.

12 minutes ago, Lord Cashpoint said:

I'd love to see weapon trials be earnable/purchasable by in game means. Perhaps you could buy them with Joker Tickets or earn them for daily activities. There's a lot of ways you can use Armas items to incentivise players to log on more regularly.

You mean like the Joker store?

Trialing is back for one thing, and gun ranges would be nice, that or just up it from 30 min to an hour.. But that could hurt sales or something with doubling the time.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

You mean like the Joker store?

Essentially yes - but as far as I'm aware you can't trial every Armas weapon in the Joker store (I think you can't get a ACES SMG with 2 slots for example). I know obviously you can just trial it via Armas - but it's something you can only do once per reset. I'd like to see the Joker Store utilised more - especially for trying out items such as clothing.

It'd be great to see log-in bonuses for the game which could reward Joker Tickets, maybe you could even buy JMBs with those tickets. 

At social district, there should be a gun range where you can try any weapon for free
With the mechanics of Santa boxes, you choose a weapon, it spawns, you can use it, but you don't have it in your inventory.
That way developers don't need to add the weapon to the player and then remove it.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, neophobia said:

a small gunrange/practice thing

You mean the intersection outside of Double B and Violet Prentiss? 

10 hours ago, neophobia said:

i also think this should be separate from the 30 min trial, so you might also be able to test it in normal gameplay.

all in all, i think the trial system (+jt store) itself is already quite fair and better than what most other f2p shooters with a weapon shop provide.

15 minutes ago, TheKeanuReeves said:

At social district, there should be a gun range where you can try any weapon for free
With the mechanics of Santa boxes, you choose a weapon, it spawns, you can use it, but you don't have it in your inventory.
That way developers don't need to add the weapon to the player and then remove it.

These.gif

Make it part of the Tutorial arena or yes even better add it to Social, maybe in that giant building not many people go into at the top of the stairs no one is allowed to enter. Of course make the guns only work in that area. 

It'll have to be at least 105m long though so we can test out explosives. And some sort of programming gymnastics would need to be made to ensure we a) couldn't murder each other b) couldn't leave the range with a weapon. c) not murder each other's targets. It would suck to be trying to work out the ttk on the Harrier only to have a stray rocket plow through your target.

Also find a way to add weapon mods to the mix. I mean a gun range is great for mucking around with an ARMAS gun but some folks might want to feel the difference between CJ2 and CJ3 on an PMG etc. 

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this