NotTheEnforcer

Preventative Measures

Preventative Measures Against Cheating  

68 members have voted

This poll is closed to new votes
  1. 1. Should there be more measures/anti-cheats introduced into APB to deter cheaters?

• No, BattlEye alone is fine.
    • Yes, replace BattlEye with something else.
    • Yes, introduce additional anticheats alongside BattlEye (such as EAC/FF)
  2. 2. Are you satisfied with the level of security in APB overall?

• Yes
    • No

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/30/19 at 05:26 AM

As I'm sure many of us are WELL aware, there's been a recent infection of cheaters. It's a massively noticeable difference in Jericho, so I can only assume it's worse in Citadel. While I don't doubt that LO is working on trying to rid these cheaters from the servers, it's quite obvious now that BattlEye is falling short and APB lacks any decent cheat-preventative measures. Did a little bit of lurking and found out that a cheat was manufactured way back in August for APB as it started gaining players back. I can only assume that such people have been closet-cheating for the majority of the time since then.

But the problem lies in the fact that apparently it's no hard task for these people to get around BattlEye, and after that there's literally nothing stopping them except the /Report system. Of which, if they're decent as closeting, they'll never have to worry about. Word goes around about an in-house anti-cheat being developed but I can't imagine it being implemented before at least the 3.5 update.

Until then, or even included afterwards, I feel like more measures need to be put in place to deter these people from messing with APB and the experience. FairFight, even while messily implemented and issuing some false bans, did a decent job of cleaning APB. And I've seen EAC's upping aggressiveness deter other providers from even bothering to make cheats for certain games. So, I created this poll. Vote and make your opinion seen. 

Feel free to discuss the issue. Preferably without flaming so this thread stays open and discussion stays active.

• Like 2

Battle eye is fine but we got the shitty one with 32 bits that doesn't work in 2019. It will get bypassed like there is no anti cheat. But other games with the up to date Battle eye i have seen cheaters very rarely.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Gateron said:

Battle eye is fine but we got the shitty one with 32 bits that doesn't work in 2019. It will get bypassed like there is no anti cheat. But other games with the up to date Battle eye i have seen cheaters very rarely.

Yeah that's true. The 32-bit one is quite a steaming pile of garbage. Thankfully with the 3.5 update bringing 64 bit, thatll be a much needed upgrade

• Like 2

Assuming APB coding get updated and changed soon it should make today's problems obsolete (should does not mean it will though)

At least until a new way to cheat is made.

Typical process is cheats are made and then anti cheat updates to stop it then cheats are made anew and anti cheat is then made to stop it again...over and over

We are apparently on the dark side of that rotation so I'll just ride it out.

Not the victims fault what criminals do after all *shrugs*

i'd like to see more server sided stat analysis anticheat measures, otherwise there's no telling how long a cheat that has successfully bypassed the client side anticheat measures will last

i dont think adding another client side anticheat would be useful, nor do i think battleye is a bad anticheat

• Thanks 1

Daily 'I am silver and got destroyed so everyone must be cheating' thread.

Add it to the pile.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Add it to the pile.

Keep farming posts and add useless information to the thread. .l.

Add it to your post farming pile.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Add it to the pile.

I mean I could literally upload a video showing a blatant hacker SHAW aimbotting like it was 2012. But hey you're the one who spams the same comment over and over *shrug*

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Gateron said:

Keep farming posts and add useless information to the thread. .l.

Add it to your post farming pile.

10 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

I mean I could literally upload a video showing a blatant hacker SHAW aimbotting like it was 2012. But hey you're the one who spams the same comment over and over *shrug*

Gotta do what I gotta do. I don't like it. You don't like it. But it is what it is.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Gateron said:

Battle eye is fine but we got the shitty one with 32 bits that doesn't work in 2019.

5ABJq3h.gif

2 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

But the problem lies in the fact that apparently it's no hard task for these people to get around BattlEye, and after that there's literally nothing stopping them except the /Report system.

...Well yeah...

Because Battle Eye is still being configured and Little Orbit are trying to collect data from the cheaters so Battle Eye can better detect and prevent cheating.

But to create a vaccine, you need a samples of the virus. And for best results, multiple samples and repeats are needed.

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, VickyFox said:

...Well yeah...

Because Battle Eye is still being configured and Little Orbit are trying to collect data from the cheaters so Battle Eye can better detect and prevent cheating.

But to create a vaccine, you need a samples of the virus. And for best results, multiple samples and repeats are needed.

Agreed, but the cheat was released in August. It's now late January, 6 months later. I think that's ample time to figure out how ONE cheat works.

we need to have every single anti cheat available running all by each other, and then run multiple copies at the same time, and then require 2 factor authentication to shoot every time, and every time you shoot it costs 1g1c to deter cheaters 

5 hours ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

Add it to the pile.

images-8.jpg

• Like 1

6 hours ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Agreed, but the cheat was released in August. It's now late January, 6 months later. I think that's ample time to figure out how ONE cheat works.

If you think you could reverse engineer a aimbot or triggerbot within half a year then maybe you should consider applying for a position as a staff member with Little Orbit.

I mentioned vaccines and viruses before because you kinda need to look at them that way. A vaccine only work for the few month/years before the virus evolves. There are people out there that develop these software for a living, and they would try to improve the cheats. Actively changing the cheat's coding as they probe and learn from the game's defences.

After so many years, APB still gets DDoS...

Edited by VickyFox

more people who don't have any knowledge about what theyre talking about.... yay im so excited

btw the first option in the poll is redundant as i believe they have posted several times now, they are trying to roll out their own anticheat alongside BE.

No surprise to see the same comments on another cheating thread.

You're a silver ..... Don't know what you're talking about......

I vote for the option not on the poll, there should be the ability to buy a cheat from ARMAS directly. Lets face it, throughout its existence every single anti cheat has failed so perhaps rather than anti-cheat we need a cheat instead. I think I'm onto something here, Matt said he feels cheating is a failure on his part so if he gives us the option to buy a cheat on ARMAS then we can all reward him for his failure in cash and make him feel much richer for it.

Seriously though, I think the problem is more to do with effectiveness. Their practices, other factors such as the game engine, how BE integrates with the game etc need to improve and realistically I think that will happen after the engine upgrade.

We just have to put up with it for now.

Voted, i hope to be in the right side, anyway.. yes, we need more additional protections or atleast BattleEye need to be more efficient, saw couple cheaters around, no speedhackers or bunny hop characters but aim lock and cringe/strange ones yes.

43 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

People still thinking downvotes actually affect reputation. 

Let's try and keep it on topic please, not that that should even have to be asked anyway.

8 hours ago, Thaumaturge said:

more people who don't have any knowledge about what theyre talking about

I have to agree with this sentiment. 

Let the experts handle it. 

No point in getting feedback from people whose entire knowledge of cheats and anti cheats comes from a couple of Google searches. 

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

I have to agree with this sentiment. 

Let the experts handle it. 

No point in getting feedback from people whose entire knowledge of cheats and anti cheats comes from a couple of Google searches. 

Partially true. I still think it's right for the players to be able to voice their opinions. Granted not all people that are hackusated will actually be cheaters, but some people will still find actual cheaters and it'll make them question things. Better to have a voice for something than never have a voice at all.

4 minutes ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

Partially true. I still think it's right for the players to be able to voice their opinions. Granted not all people that are hackusated will actually be cheaters, but some people will still find actual cheaters and it'll make them question things. Better to have a voice for something than never have a voice at all.

Batter still to let the experts handle it. 

1 hour ago, NotTheEnforcer said:

90% of the posts here are by people who hackusate regular high tier golds

6 minutes ago, Thaumaturge said:

90% of the posts here are by people who hackusate regular high tier golds

Thaumaturgy isn't even a real magic.