Sign in to follow this  
Trivirium

What are you excited for?

Simply put, what are you most excited for coming into the new year?

3.5 is being hyped by all the silvers lately so I figured I'd ask the community what they've been missing that's perhaps being reintroduced with the engine update. Personally I'm hoping bullet tracers make a comeback, I think it'd be really fun to see what Asylum would look like with all those stories of floors exchanging fire. That and better graphics but in all honesty I've never had an issue with the graphics the way they are now.

Two "new" contacts (arguably old because they're reused files just being put back into the game). Are making their way in after 3.5 as well. I wonder if we'll see that R300 make a comeback as well?

I dunno, what I genuinely hope for is that it'll be good. Whatever this engine update brings let it be a bigger community, this game has a lot of potential and at the end of the day when I ask myself "I'm bored, what do I want to do?" I want APB to be that answer, at least as long as it's here.

Here's to hoping for a half decent 2019!

hopefully the engine and with this.

more  stable gameplay

taffic lights working again

tracers back

LOD restored (becaue they lowered it somewhen for better client performance)

then as it is soemthign they consider:

server independend characters

servercrossing Matchmaking

very cool would be increased customisaton possibilities on chars and cars,

those things would be really cool to happen within this and the next year.

24 minutes ago, LilyV3 said:

tracers back

Ugh... Don't remind me. 

Thats the corniest looking shit ever. 

• Like 1

A normal game with good balanced weapons and 144 fps stable.

Stable performance as TV head said, an inventory menu thingy that doesn't make me want want to scream by how frickin sluggish it is. Hopefully.

But it's what coming afterwards I'm excited for. Engine update is just the start, boiii

28 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

Ugh... Don't remind me. 

Thats the corniest looking shit ever. 

not having tracers made a few wepaon pretty OP, like snipers, especially with the blood effect/hit indicators not even being correctly shown giving real ndication anymore where a shot came from onc eit's past 80m and the map doesn't show a opponent anymore.

New content. 

Car lights that work, a better night. 

For everyone to realise how bad it will be so I can say "I told you so.".

Edited by NotZombieBiscuit
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, BXNNXD said:

stable performance 

how about we say just "performance" doesn't even need to be stable, currently this thing runs like a fucking slug, if they so much as added the ability for it to use both threads on the first CPU it'd be wild.

I'll just throw points for Kittens to talk about:

1 » Hair and clothing physics/animations should add more life to visuals. APB looks good but old. A game that focuses on customization should get a complimentary upgrade.

2 » A continuous colour-spectrum to replace the integer-based colouring for clothing/cars, as well as the preset-colours-pallet for hair.

3 » Winds that affect projectiles (OSMAW, O-PGL, etc..) because they are too easy to use.

4 » Smaller gaps between weapons. Yes, some weapons are meant to be more competitive compared to others in different ranges and situations. I could be wrong but I feel the gap is sometimes exaggerated. There are weapons that are considered worthless and often go unused. Let us see more variety in weapons and less complaints about OCA and other meta-weapons.

5 » More hairstyles, because out of all 30, a good number is punky or pretty much bald.

6 » Give clans a purpose.

7 » Riot-mode sounds exciting, but I have no details on how it will play. I am excited for it still.

8 » A.I is difficult to implement, no problem. I would like to see a shooting-rage where civilians would spawn and stand at set-distances for players to shoot at. Something similar to Planetside 2's practice area. Might as well allow players to try out every weapon and mod in the game there. It could excite newbies to stay and grind for things or even buy stuff from ARMAS.

9 » A clean-racing-district would be nice. Pure lap-times, no items or floor-boosters pls.

10 » Prevention of matching with those in the ignore-list, because nobody would wish to join forces with de-threaters, etc.

11 » Support for directx 12, because eyes deserve it.

12 » Mastery ranks that extend beyond R255, end-game stuff.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lily Rain said:

1 » Hair and clothing physics/animations should add more life to visuals. APB looks good but old. A game that focuses on customization should get a complimentary upgrade.

2 » A continuous colour-spectrum to replace the integer-based colouring for clothing/cars, as well as the preset-colours-pallet for hair.

3 » Winds that affect projectiles (OSMAW, O-PGL, etc..) because they are too easy to use.

4 » Smaller gaps between weapons. Yes, some weapons are meant to be more competitive compared to others in different ranges and situations. I could be wrong but I feel the gap is sometimes exaggerated. There are weapons that are considered worthless and often go unused. Let us see more variety in weapons and less complaints about OCA and other meta-weapons.

5 » More hairstyles, because out of all 30, a good number is punky or pretty much bald.

7 » Riot-mode sounds exciting, but I have no details on how it will play. I am excited for it still.

8 » A.I is difficult to implement, no problem. I would like to see a shooting-rage where civilians would spawn and stand at set-distances for players to shoot at. Something similar to Planetside 2's practice area. Might as well allow players to try out every weapon and mod in the game there. It could excite newbies to stay and grind for things or even buy stuff from ARMAS.

9 » A clean-racing-district would be nice. Pure lap-times, no items or floor-boosters pls.

10 » Prevention of matching with those in the ignore-list, because nobody would wish to join forces with de-threaters, etc.

tl;dr

(Jk I'm just mad you didn't like my consumable idea)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

tl;dr

(Jk I'm just mad you didn't like my consumable idea)

It is okay, I am sure it'll come to light one day~~

lion_pet.gif

OCA Nano "Gold" as a rare daily for the 2 new contacts. 

and that's it.

Well I'd like APB to be stable first, I love this game but it's not exactly known for being stable. I'd like some more contacts so I actually have a reason to play again (other then spending way to much money on this game for me to stop playing) I agree with most of Lily Rain's ideas and something I would want in the far far future would be motorcycles, however I feel like this would be quite a challenge to implement correctly. But here's some ideas for it:

Not much use for carrying mission items, perhaps a 2 slot trunk 

(I'm still on the edge for this one)Shooting a SMG or Pistol while on a motorcycle

Obviously different bikes need different speeds and accelerations

And that's all I can think of for now.

16 hours ago, Lily Rain said:

1. Exactly;

2. Agreed;

3. Could be interesting, well i think before that an actual Wind system need to be introduced into the main game, like different Weather System with fog clouds rain and more;

4. Mhm, maybe;

5. Yes, absolutely, tired to see same ones around;

6. Why not;

7. Like Ready Or Not? or R6 style but in APB? Idk but thinking of it is exciting;

8. What i was thinking about just before, when i've posted a comment in another topic;

9. I could get into this district and stay there like all day to race :') , YES;

10. I don't really know but there could be a problem, if you ignore that player and you are in group with others? hehe.. the mission will not start because you ignore him/her xD

11. With the new engine (UE4) i don't know, DX11 for sure but DX12, yes, would be very a pleasure to our eyes but i don't really know about that;

12. I think they will continue to R300 or more, if they won't for sure will do something for max ranked players, to many around, if not well oru characters will be useless.

I feel like im the only person who doesnt have issues with FPS lol i get 144 and it stays there lol

Would love to have a much bigger playerbase once the new engine is out.
And also have visible mods in weapons.

Edited by TheKeanuReeves

Im already happy that I see new players in the game.

New contacts ofc, I dont care about other stuff, maybe armas prices rework.

• Bigger playerbase
  • "New" and improved Waterfront district
  • Possibility of a new district
  • New contacts
  • New vehicles
  • 64-bit compatibility
  • More optimization
  • Hopefully updated graphics in the future. Please god let there be an upgrade overall.
  • Motorcycles maybe? Though I cant see the use in them, they'd still be fun to drive.
  • Visible weapon mods
  • More customization options for both characters and vehicles
  • MORE DETAILED CARS. Seriously, my small decals look like fucking garbage because of the 32-bit decal compression system.

Once the engine update hits, I will never have to think about playing this game ever again.

On 1/19/2019 at 8:05 PM, Benguin said:

zombie district, horses, beach district, snake island???

e5upSHu_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&f

I'm pretty excited for getting an Arous RTX 2060 with Anthem next month. 😛 

But APB related I just want that engine upgrade would be a nice reason to install the game again and chit chat with some clan folk who most likely will check it out as well.

Sign in to follow this