LAPDAIonzo

2019 no Engine upgrade yet?????????

2 hours ago, SLICKIEM said:

bro that gives me legit anxiety, i can't even handle letters/numbers on my shortcuts lmao

sorry to hear that.

2 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

ugly patootie defiance screenshot yet he complains about apb gfx lmao

It doesn't look to bad, but also keep in mind the game has high quality bloom, doesn't look ugly to me at all.

17 minutes ago, Nymphi--DoubleDee said:

Get a program called Fences. Thank me later. Your desktop is atrocious, just like another user here. How the hell do you find anything on there?

sa86eWW.jpg

Nice photos, but your's has nothing up there lol. I'm use to it though, been doing it since 1999. Cheers!

*logged into the wrong account, lol *

Edited by AnewFace

4 hours ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

I only have to add about 10 more games and then i will be finish installing all my games that i want to play. Easy quick access 🙂

bg.png

God, with all the desktop icons next to each other, i wouldnt find anything at all anymore. On top of that, my eyes would start bleeding and give me monsterious headache 😢

I too play a lot of games.

zoHfg8t.png

Edited by CookiePuss
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2019 at 10:59 PM, CookiePuss said:

The biggest change is you stopped playing so there is a lot less hackusating going on.

So thats nice.

You can't do him like that cookie 😕

jk good job m8

7 hours ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

I only have to add about 10 more games and then i will be finish installing all my games that i want to play. Easy quick access 🙂

bg.png

I only care about winamp. It really whips llama's patootie

On 1/19/2019 at 3:57 AM, LAPDAIonzo said:

I am curious about something, can you tell me if HQ bloom settings and the old threat system is coming back or not? That's all i wanted to really know. Can you tell me.

There is a post that shows how bad the visuals looks now compared to the RTW and early apb version, but i can't find it.

the old threat system is likely never coming back since it promotes matchmaking abuse and ego-pushing/toxicity even more. that being said, the current one is basically the same but with different symbols (you still have different "tiers" in gold etc - however, they are not visible)

they said they'd overhaul the whole system. but i doubt that's being done at the same time as the EU.

at least i hope the old stuff doesn't make a comeback.

by hq bloom you mean the bloom overload from rtw i suppose? tbf it looked nice but everything but clean. more modern, better looking games like even the division (similar setting) manage to do look better without smearing colors all over you screen. (i for one would apprciate better shaders with some more bloom though...)

8 hours ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

bg.png

waow, veri impressive

since we're flexing now, https://www.steamcommunity.com/id/hizzlemeinnizzle

Edited by neophobia

9 hours ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

bg.png

Too many players and old games. I see CCleaner (PC noob), Utorrent (withouth Steam/Origin) which means "PiratedEditon" user. I see too much different games so you are nolifer im sure. Btw its 11.34 PM before Monday. Go find some job already...

Edited by PACwoMAN
  • Thanks 1

On 1/18/2019 at 10:14 PM, BXNNXD said:

what?

orbit has had the game for like 6 months you think its magically fixed just because the ball dropped?

i assume hes talking about the disgusting excess bloom that rtw had where it looked like you were playing through a bottle of olive oil

APB-Reloaded-8.jpg

That's one of the worst pictures you could have grabbed of it tbh.  Buuuut it is exaggerated enough to clearly show what HQ bloom does.

fFeHDo1.png

That was an old pre-release version of RTW, and to be honest RTW did look kinda shitty.  Early G1 APB looked the best in my opinion.

On 1/18/2019 at 10:13 PM, MattScott said:

I am not familiar with the HQ bloom settings. Can you walk me through those?

As far as the High quality bloom settings goes, Here's a picture of what LQ Bloom looks like on the left (what we're stuck with now) vs HQ Bloom on the right (what we used to have the option for).  The LQ bloom is all blobby and just looks gross, but the HQ bloom had beams of light that came off the sides to give it streaks or a bit of a star shape.

fjY7cqP.png (Pulled from the old forum)

Here's a video of how the game used to look.

No the video isn't edited to look better, that's just how APB looked in mid 2011 until they broke everything in early 2013.  Notice all of the little effects that are missing from the current game that all added up to making APB look great.  There used to be DoF, good looking Bloom, the light pollution fog effect that I never shut up about, more colorful shaders with better contrast, etc.  Also that camera sway and slight FOV manipulation when driving that gave a much better sense of speed than the current game has.  IMO I think this is the look you guys should shoot for when the engine update comes around, but... you know... Updated.

@MattScott

Edited by BrandonBranderson

11 hours ago, AnewFace said:

Nice photos, but your's has nothing up there lol. I'm use to it though, been doing it since 1999. Cheers!

*logged into the wrong account, lol *

That's my triple monitor desktop. And I have been into modifying and customizing since Windows 95, and being able to do custom folder images. Your desktop is trash.

Double click, and then all the Fences come out, where things are organized, while keeping your desktop clean.

Double Click again, and then it hides it all.

Also, why have all those shortcuts, and then a bajillion things on your taskbar? Have you not done Taskbar Folders? Like... That's why you can't have desktop backgrounds. Because it's literally littered with garbage.

Edited by Nymphi--DoubleDee

4 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

That's one of the worst pictures you could have grabbed of it tbh.  Buuuut it is exaggerated enough to clearly show what HQ bloom does.

fFeHDo1.png

That was an old pre-release version of RTW, and to be honest RTW did look kinda shitty.  Early G1 APB looked the best in my opinion.

As far as the High quality bloom settings goes, Here's a picture of what LQ Bloom looks like on the left (what we're stuck with now) vs HQ Bloom on the right (what we used to have the option for).  The LQ bloom is all blobby and just looks gross, but the HQ bloom had beams of light that came off the sides to give it streaks or a bit of a star shape.

No the video isn't edited to look better, that's just how APB looked in mid 2011 until they broke everything in early 2013.  Notice all of the little effects that are missing from the current game that all added up to making APB look great.  There used to be DoF, good looking Bloom, the light pollution fog effect that I never shut up about, more colorful shaders with better contrast, etc.  Also that camera sway and slight FOV manipulation when driving that gave a much better sense of speed than the current game has.  IMO I think this is the look you guys should shoot for when the engine update comes around, but... you know... Updated.

@MattScott

Now you Can See people play on minimal setting...but there is a last Hope .

4 hours ago, BrandonBranderson said:

fFeHDo1.png

@MattScott

Now you Can See people play on minimal setting...but there is a last Hope .

On 1/18/2019 at 9:14 PM, BXNNXD said:

what?

orbit has had the game for like 6 months you think its magically fixed just because the ball dropped?

i assume hes talking about the disgusting excess bloom that rtw had where it looked like you were playing through a bottle of olive oil

APB-Reloaded-8.jpg

Heeey, a lot of us likes that 🙂

My hope is that 3.5 comes with some new graphics settings, including an actual bloom slider.

Let's go even further back.

On 1/21/2019 at 9:15 AM, CookiePuss said:

I too play a lot of games.

zoHfg8t.png

apb reloaded (77) coming to a store near you

On 1/18/2019 at 10:13 PM, MattScott said:

I am not familiar with the HQ bloom settings. Can you walk me through those?

After we launch the engine upgrade, we have plans for the threat system. The current plan is not to go back to the old system, but we aren't staying with the current system either.

I try to update the community at least once a month, and the link to that blog goes out in our newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, and here in case you want to keep tracking our progress.

People gave you some pretty extreme examples, and some have gotten regular ol' bloom confused with the "high quality bloom" graphics option APB used to have. 

It's been explained pretty well. I just haven't seen any great examples of what it used to look like in the engine. Here's what I feel was a better example of it: 

0279D.jpg

As others have mentioned there are other small effects that have gone missing over the years. Subtle effects like the steam venting up from manhole covers for example. I believe that's still there, but it serves as a good example? Haven't played too actively as of late and can't recall. 

Oh! While I'm at it the compression APB uses absolutely slaughters texture quality. Still have all kinds of issues present today from that ancient change (see the cubes around lights in certain areas). Please, please use a less brutal method in the engine upgrade. That was one huge mistake the old G1 made and never re-visited. Actually they did all kinds of things that really violated the visual aesthetic APB used to have. 

If you want some proof of that then take a peek at what Asylum used to look like: tmYIodB.jpg

zRwwPdR.jpg

MkkFZrV.jpg

Those screenshots were taken by me way back when. Was in-game with a few tweaks that aren't approved anymore, shaders mainly, but even so. Still serves as a good comparison to what it used to be. That place is ugly as sin these days. Global illumination cranked up comically high alongside numerous other questionable changes. 

Please don't go down that same route after the engine upgrade. Have your team strive for proper solutions to performance. Don't cut corners at our expense. Don't think you will, just feel I had to throw it out there. Keep on learning all you can from what the last company did wrong.

Edited by Genobee
  • Like 2