LAPDAIonzo

2019 no Engine upgrade yet?????????

Hello, i thought i would come by to see if anything change in this game, where's the engine upgrade lol.

Old threat system coming?

HQ bloom settings

New districts

Did they post any photos and videos of how far they have progress?  What happen, i figure its 2019 something great would have happen by now.

Edited by LAPDAIonzo
  • Like 2

https://www.gamersfirst.com/apb/news/2018/12/29/state-of-the-game-2018

"... I am reasonably confident that a build will go to the SPCT team in January, and then based on feedback, we might have a public OTW build sometime in February. I want to set expectations properly - there are going to be bugs, and I expect OTW testing to take a while before this gets launched for the larger community."

Edited by Nanometic
  • Like 1

Hi there,

We had a build staged for SPCT to test right at the end of 2018, but we hit a snag while one of our developers was on vacation.

I'm going to give us some time to test and work some kinks out, and then I'll let SPCT post pictures.

Thanks,
Matt

• Like 1
  • Thanks 15

11 minutes ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

What happen, i figure its 2019 something great would have happen by now.

Also, its not even the end of the first month yet, chill.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

We had a build staged for SPCT to test right at the end of 2018, but we hit a snag while one of our developers was on vacation.

I'm going to give us some time to test and work some kinks out, and then I'll let SPCT post pictures.

Thanks,
Matt

I am curious about something, can you tell me if HQ bloom settings and the old threat system is coming back or not? That's all i wanted to really know. Can you tell me.

There is a post that shows how bad the visuals looks now compared to the RTW and early apb version, but i can't find it.

The biggest change is you stopped playing so there is a lot less hackusating going on.

So thats nice.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

12 minutes ago, Nanometic said:

Also, its not even the end of the first month yet, chill.

You must be new to APB? I been around since RTW, and i have seen what changes has happen with this game throughout the years. I quit this game a long time ago and haven't been back since, thought i would come by to see if anything new and great as happen. You said i need to chill, trust me i am.

2 minutes ago, CookiePuss said:

The biggest change is you stopped playing so there is a lot less hackusating going on.

So thats nice.

I doubt it. but nice lie.

Just now, LAPDAIonzo said:

I doubt it. but nice lie.

actually there really is a lot less hackusating *shrugs* still some but theres less

3 minutes ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

You must be new to APB? I been around since RTW, and i have seen what changes has happen with this game throughout the years. I quit this game a long time ago and haven't been back since, thought i would come by to see if anything new and great as happen. You said i need to chill, trust me i am.

I been around since RTWI quit this game a long time ago.

Having an account =/= being around

I know plenty of people who've been around since RTW, doesn't mean they know any more or less than I do, this statement is irreverent other than for your epeen.

i have seen what changes has happen with this game throughout the years

And we haven't? please, mister I quit this game along time ago, enlighten us with your tales and stories.

If you were chill and didn't actually care you wouldn't have made this topic. I've seen your posts on the forums before you left, I don't even know why i'm wasting my time, your arrogance is your own undoing from what I've seen. 

Bye

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

I am curious about something, can you tell me if HQ bloom settings and the old threat system is coming back or not? That's all i wanted to really know. Can you tell me.

There is a post that shows how bad the visuals looks now compared to the RTW and early apb version, but i can't find it.

I am not familiar with the HQ bloom settings. Can you walk me through those?

After we launch the engine upgrade, we have plans for the threat system. The current plan is not to go back to the old system, but we aren't staying with the current system either.

I try to update the community at least once a month, and the link to that blog goes out in our newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, and here in case you want to keep tracking our progress.

• Like 12
  • Thanks 3

43 minutes ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

What happen, i figure its 2019 something great would have happen by now.

what?

orbit has had the game for like 6 months you think its magically fixed just because the ball dropped?

2 minutes ago, MattScott said:

i assume hes talking about the disgusting excess bloom that rtw had where it looked like you were playing through a bottle of olive oil

APB-Reloaded-8.jpg

Edited by BXNNXD
typo
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

what?

orbit has had the game for like 6 months you think its magically fixed just because the ball dropped?

i assume hes talking about the disgusting excess bloom that rtw had where it looked like you were playing through a bottle of olive oil

All these people looking at RTW through rose tintend glasses. Most of which didn't even play the game then or ignore how trash it was.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, NotZombieBiscuit said:

All these people looking at RTW through rose tintend glasses. Most of which didn't even play the game then or ignore how trash it was.

the game was universally trashed by every review and died in 3 months?

no it must be everyone else who's wrong 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, MattScott said:

After we launch the engine upgrade, we have plans for the threat system. The current plan is not to go back to the old system, but we aren't staying with the current system either.

I try to update the community at least once a month, and the link to that blog goes out in our newsletter, Facebook, Twitter, and here in case you want to keep tracking our progress.

Sure can, you can see from the photos ( i posted a thread below) the old version (rtw/before monte change the shaders/textures/steam release) there was a setting where you can turn on the bloom higher.)

I want you keep in mind though, when the older visuals were around, with the bloom, better shaders, and blue tracers, nobody was complaining that much, they only started to do it later on way after monte changed the shaders. You have some folks saying the bloom was too much, but most from what i can see says otherwise.

Well to solved this issue easily, just add the bloom settings in the graphic menu and allow us to turn it up higher or low and max. make it optional, that way people won't complain. No offense, but the current version of APB the game looks washed out, night time is too dark, there's no lights and bloom or reflections anywhere. hope to see some of this added in the engine upgrade. Thanks for the info.

6 minutes ago, BXNNXD said:

the game was universally trashed by every review and died in 3 months?

no it must be everyone else who's wrong 

Its just a difference of opinion. But if the RTW version was available right now, i would play that version instead. the hud looked better, the graphics and visuals were better, the gun sounds was better, the game just felt better. and i am also talking about after rtw, the early days of reloaded also. before everything i just mention was removed and changed.

Edited by LAPDAIonzo

well if you do bring back that horrid bloom please have an option to turn it off 

• Like 1

I don't know where to find it, but I think they might be referring to how bloom used to be more of a plus shape than simply the full circle it is now?

I wish they'd remove their stupid encryption/compression.  It's 2019, there's no reason an ancient game like APB needs to take 20 years to even open.

Edited by mynd
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

Hello, i thought i would come by to see if anything change in this game, where's the engine upgrade lol.

HQ bloom settings

New districts

Did they post any photos and videos of how far they have progress?  What happen, i figure its 2019 something great would have happen by now.

ur asking too much at once and they already said theyre working to sort everything out and they have a laid out schedule everyone can read and be informed about.

stop acting like ur 6, nothing comes easy, work has to be done.

• Like 1

old bloom washed out in olive oil? yeah it was.

old nightlife looking more alive and colorful ? yeah it did.

hoping for something in between? yeah I do and i bet a lot of others do as well.

#BringBackTheOldVegasEngineSounds

Also, please fix the suspension on the RWD version. It's soooo stiff...

10 hours ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

whats the fuzz about the "old" threat system we basically have the old one with hidden 30 stages of gold to bronze.

and the bloom, only of it's an optional setting, all those 10.000W bulbs people used back then were really too unhealthy for the environent and their eyes.

Edited by LilyV3
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, BXNNXD said:

APB-Reloaded-8.jpg

Look at this guy, he tries to destroy the building behind the enemy

6 minutes ago, TheMessiah said:

spct team start testing of 3.5?

12 hours ago, MattScott said:

Hi there,

Thanks,
Matt

it’s literally in this thread dude

smh

13 hours ago, LAPDAIonzo said:

HQ bloom settings

New districts

we are only 19 days into 2019

give them time, remmember, LO recently took over, stuff takes time

• Thanks 1